freemaker -youtube question

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
trying to put dvd to YT using freemaker this is what i got trying to log in with the correct login details LOGING IN FAILED UPLOADING WHOLE DVDs TO YT IS TEMP UNAVALIBLE PLEASE RESTART THE PROGRAMME ADD VOB FILE FROM DVD FOLDER & TRY AGAIN.

whats going on here?

Comments

• mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=71238846 it was suggested in post 3 "also try uploading in mp4 or some other type file because VOB Files don't work any more I read?"

BTW - it's FREEMAKE
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    download the file from youtube using either one of the many free video downloaders (eg freemake) or instead one of the downloader websites (eg videograbber). note that all these websites require java installed. quite easy. but uninstall again if not in use (windows installed prorams list) since this is a "backdoor" for some types of malware ......

then just convert to european dvd format using dvdflick (free).

then burn the video_ts file with whichever burner software you use.

should play on a standard dvd player
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry did ii get that wrong way round ? not uploading ? oh well ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    regardless of your software, youtube are unlikely to accept mpeg 2 format including dvd vob files because they are several times larger than mp4 versions. convert vob to mp4 first using a freeware converter ......
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    regardless of your software, youtube are unlikely to accept mpeg 2 format including dvd vob files because they are several times larger than mp4 versions. convert vob to mp4 first using a freeware converter ......

i think i may have it sorted now ,i hope?
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got a slight problem with freemake it won't show the disc simbal when you go to burn things offf. how do i sort this out?