Options

the kate bush appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Nice! I'm thinking of booking either Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd September myself.

I'm thinking of taking whatever I can get, if any!
    The pessimist in me keeps getting drawn to the bit at the bottom that says the invite and code does not guarantee a ticket as it's first come first served.
    I don't want yo tempt fate by counting my chickens.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    I'm thinking of taking whatever I can get, if any!
    The pessimist in me keeps getting drawn to the bit at the bottom that says the invite and code does not guarantee a ticket as it's first come first served.
    I don't want yo tempt fate by counting my chickens.
    Yeah same here, any night will do me, that's why I'm going for the Tuesday or Wednesday, I don't want to choose the first gig/last gig or any Friday or Saturdays in case it says, nope, none available and you can't use your code to try again for any other nights...

Scary ain't it! hah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi guys, Kate wont ever tour again....i think we can be sure of that but i'd love to be proved wrong. anything she did do, i think would be on a small scale. i'd love to see her headline Glastonbury and maybe do a week of gigs at the albert hall or some such place but thats just me wishing!
    regarding the new album, i'd put money on a november release with nothing more than a couple of promo interviews...all done and dusted in time to get her christmas shopping in:D
    and, i very much doubt Kate reads this or any other thread.....Del palmer on the other hand?

Sometimes you do get what you wish for:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anything she did do, i think would be on a small scale.
    Sometimes you do get what you wish for:)
    Out of interest, presuming that it will be fully seated, capacity of almost 3,600 equals 54,000 over the 15 nights.
    hi guys, Kate wont ever tour again....i think we can be sure of that but i'd love to be proved wrong.
    hehe so glad you were.
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised to learn that not only is Del Palmer not involved but he didn't even know about it. I always assumed they were still close as far as working together was concerned. He seemes such an integral part of the Kate Bush backlog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I'm surprised to learn that not only is Del Palmer not involved but he didn't even know about it. I always assumed they were still close as far as working together was concerned. He seemes such an integral part of the Kate Bush backlog.

I saw his statement on his Facebook page and thought it was a a little snippy.
    He has said in the past that he is not in constant contact and can go for months without speaking to Kate, I imagine many months at that.
    I do think he holds on to his involvement with KB to publicise his own projects, never overtly enough for it to be embarrassing but does all the same.
    I think he's an integral part in as much as he turned up and played what he was told, I don't think many people have actively influenced Kate's direction... She apparently can keep people repeating chords over and over again just to get the right nuance, often when it long sounded good to others ears.
    Del I don't think has been in the 'inner circle' for many years.
    I'm surprised he is not involved though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I wondered if it was just me who thought there was a bit of barb in his post, especially when he seemed (to me anyway) to emphasise how 'brave' she was to go back on stage.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Kate's put a message on her official site, apologising if anyone was offended by the promo shot used for Before the Dawn, given the missing plane. How sad that she felt the need to apologise and how pathetic that people have even linked the picture to the missing plane. KB fans will obviously have made the link between the picture and The Ninth Wave, but not some saddos on twitter, so it seems.

The Mail have obviously cobbled together an article, highlighting the comments on twitter. What a shame they couldn't just let people enjoy the accouncement. But then again, they hate Kate anyway, judging on past articles.

On a plus note, she says how overwhelmed she is by the reaction to the announcement.

Roll on Wednesday so I can get my ticket!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I see Kate's put a message on her official site, apologising if anyone was offended by the promo shot used for Before the Dawn, given the missing plane. How sad that she felt the need to apologise and how pathetic that people have even linked the picture to the missing plane. KB fans will obviously have made the link between the picture and The Ninth Wave, but not some saddos on twitter, so it seems.

The Mail have obviously cobbled together an article, highlighting the comments on twitter. What a shame they couldn't just let people enjoy the accouncement. But then again, they hate Kate anyway, judging on past articles.

On a plus note, she says how overwhelmed she is by the reaction to the announcement.

It's astounding the leaps some people make, social sensitivity is like a disease these days. It's a shame Kate felt compelled to apologise I expect it won't be enough for the terminally touchy though.
    Good luck on Wednesday ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »

Wednesday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday?

See zounds post #1399, that should explain:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean those with pre sales codes get to buy on Wednesday? Oh there is no hope for me:cry:
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does that mean those with pre sales codes get to buy on Wednesday? Oh there is no hope for me:cry:

Yeah you had to have been signed up to Kate's web-page to get a pre-order code all those times I Visited it wish I signed up now :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure you'll be ok, they're not all up for grabs on Wednesday, there's only a certain amount per night reserved for those of us that are on the mailing list, we're not guaranteed tickets. If the reserved tickets go quickly, we'll be trying again on Friday same as you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, I have been a fan for a very long time and although it may sound weird considering I've never met her, she actually helped shape the person I am, to see her live would be a true once in a lifetime moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, I have been a fan for a very long time and although it may sound weird considering I've never met her, she actually helped shape the person I am, to see her live would be a true once in a lifetime moment.
    It'll be a real pity if some of us miss out on tickets to people who don't care as much that's for sure.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    It'll be a real pity if some of us miss out on tickets to people who don't care as much that's for sure.

True dat, but what can we do, we always knew if this happened demand would be huge. Unfortunately some will just have to buy the DVD of which there best be one :). Oh and a live disc too I'm not asking for much.

Actually anyone think she may released an updated best of in preparation it has been 28 years since the last discounting DC?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you missed the Kate special on 6 music on Sunday at 6 it's well worth a listen, it's on iplayer.
    The play list was pretty much determined by listeners through social media...James and the cold gun live followed by rocket man and wheeler street... It worked;-)
    Also songs by others who kate has collaborated with or influenced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you missed the Kate special on 6 music on Sunday at 6 it's well worth a listen, it's on iplayer.

Thanks for the tip - I had no idea it was on so I will hunt for it later while I'm waiting for the pre-sale!

Hi everyone, I'm not normally one for posting in appreciation threads but I'm making an exception for Kate. Are you enjoying the excitement of Before The Dawn as much as I am? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip - I had no idea it was on so I will hunt for it later while I'm waiting for the pre-sale!

Hi everyone, I'm not normally one for posting in appreciation threads but I'm making an exception for Kate. Are you enjoying the excitement of Before The Dawn as much as I am? :D

Hi, I'm full of nervous excitement here. I've took the day off tomorrow to try and get tickets and to wallow in pity if I don't :D I'll do the same on Friday if I'm not successful in the morning..... Good luck to everyone who intends to get tickets in the next couple of days;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just under an hour until the pre-sale - best of luck to everyone taking part!
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Anyone spotted this yet on the Eventim site. What it must be to have the raw cash for such a package. Bit dissapointed that there is already an us and them mentality allowed.

Your Hospitality Package includes:

Top price premium seats which will be within the stalls or the circle.

A fabulous summer picnic hamper of gourmet food and wine served in the St Pauls Neo Gothic Church opposite the Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith.

You will be greeted with a chilled glass of champagne on arrival in the Church and then allocated a place on a table with other hospitality guests and given your own sumptuous hamper with the best of British summer food and wine to be enjoyed at your own pace between 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Should you wish to order groups of up to ten we will ensure you will be seated together.

The hamper will include a range of food including salmon pate, a trio of steamer baskets including spatchcock slow roast poussin caesar salad, prawn salad with pistachio cous cous, starters and deserts such as the bamboo cone of chocolate and caramel dipped berries. Each hamper comes with a half bottle of wine plus still and sparkling water will be provided to the table. There will be a cash bar for further drinks purchases.

You will receive a souvenir programme within your package.

We will send you full documentation in advance and your concert ticket will be given to you when you arrive at the church. These packages will be extremely limited in number and cannot be resold on secondary sites. Any packages seen for sale will be cancelled immediately and no concert ticket issued. Menus are subject to change. A full vegetarian alternative option is available and we can cater for specific dietary requirements given advance notice.

Your Overnight Package includes:

A room in the neighbouring four star Hammersmith Novotel, a five minute walk from the Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith.

Category two premium seats which will be in the circle.

The hotel room is either a Double or Twin depending on your preference. A single supplement is available. Breakfast is included within the package.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to all those with codes trying for tickets today, I really hope all the genuine fans get them.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hospitality packages are the norm when it comes to concerts and theatre these days. Not really worth letting it spoil the fun, imho.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't like to be doing this every day, the tension is unbearable! And that's before the site falls over. :o