If he were twice as smart, he'd be an idiot!

Comments

• RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    He made a whole speech about it ! how can that be a flippant remark ?

Yet again another announcement by Milliband unravels as soon as he makes it

Miliband mentions it only once. (the PM bit) What I meant is he said it without thinking. (flippant = thoughtless)
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I wonder how the Muslim vote will take to someone trading on their Jewishness ?

Ed Miliband: " Doh ! "
    Forum Member
    The desperation continues, it does you government supporters far more harm than good to constantly make personal sneers about Milliband for such things, as his looks, his dead father, the way he speaks, and now his religion or religious background,

It is an indication of how rattled some Tory supporters are when all they can do is make snide personal comments against EM,
    it's also an excellent indication of the type of 'mind' that many Tory supporters seem to have, and only serves to reinforce my opinion about many who support the Tories, so thanks for that.

Not sneering, merely pointing out that Miliband cannot be an atheist and religious at one and the same time.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Ed Miliband sudden interest in his Jewish ancestory could be linked to his planned "image re-branding":

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/02/rebranding-ed-miliband-broadcast-guru

SInce becoming leader it occurs to me that Miliband has tried to re-invent himself more times than Kenny has been killed in South Park.

His problem isn't image....

...It's credibility.
  • MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The desperation continues, it does you government supporters far more harm than good to constantly make personal sneers about Milliband

It's becoming your hypocrisy a day post.
    Oh dear...
    Yes indeed, in all but name, the bitch is back,
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45655593&highlight=bitch#post45655593
    that would make you what, 5-6 years old when the bitch came to power in 79?
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45002370&highlight=bitch#post45002370
    especially during the 80s when the bitch
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42353238&highlight=bitch#post42353238

Loads more examples if you want.
  • andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miliband plumbs new depths as he sacrifices his atheist beliefs at the altar of political gain.

You plumbing new depths of blatant lying more like, there's no suggestion even in the article that he's sacrificing his atheist beliefs:

"I describe myself as a Jewish atheist."

Pathetically dishonest from you.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meercam wrote: »

well done, you had to trawl all the way back to 2010 for those, but I was talking retrospectively about a prime minister who had a deep and very long lasting impact on the lives of millions of working class people, and it's widely accepted you either loved or hated her,
    My feelings towards Thatcher were as a direct result of the devastating impact she had on the lives of millions of people, When you experienced the results of her policies and saw the impact it had on your community your family and your friends, it makes it very personal indeed,

of course, you could have looked at my posts about her when she died, but that wouldn't fit in with 'the script' would it? because although I despised her when she was in office and directly impacting on my life and the life of millions of people, I had no wish to 'celebrate' the death of a frail old lady and said so several times, I certainly shed no tears, but didn't feel the need to rejoice at her death either,

I wonder what motivates the Tory venom and spite towards Miliband, the only thing I can think is that it's desperation, they resort to school playground personal insults because they understand that it's looking extremely unlikely that their party will be in power after May next year, I have said it before and I repeat, It will get very 'dirty' and very personal as the election draws closer,

Miliband hasn't been the prime minister yet, and nothing he has done has impacted on the lives of anyone, I never once doubted Thatchers intellect, or religious beliefs, her looks or the way she spoke,
    in fact before the 80s I thought quite highly of her and even voted Tory in the 79 election, I was as outraged as anyone else when the IRA tried to murder her,

you could have looked at what I have said more recently about Cameron, now I despise him with a vengeance, I despise what he stands for, and for his promotion of hatred towards the poorest and weakest in society, but I challenge you to find a post where I have ever insulted his family, his looks, or his religious beliefs,

Here is the last post I made in a 'Tory bashing' thread,
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1955237&page=2

Post 43
    Nothing..... unfortunately, I don't leap on every single anti Tory thread no matter how tenuous, for the reasons I gave above, there are plenty who are prepared to do so from right and left depending on the latest 'outrage' from Dave or Ed's lot,

I try to save it for important stuff because jumping onto every single thread shaking one's proverbial fist in outrage can, as I said, do more harm than good,
    To disagree with everything the Tories do or say and to agree with everything that Labour says or does without question would be fanatical and 'slightly' loopy to say the least,
    I have said that I agree with Cameron before and have no problem repeating it,
    I agree with him on gay marriage, and on life should mean life for murderers, but the scales are very very much tipped towards disagree on almost everything else

I notice you didn't dig that one up,

Or some of the "quality" threads about EM,
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1951236&highlight=ed+miliband
    4 in 10 voters think Ed Miliband is weird!

OR you could just check the search I did,
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/search.php?searchid=7995280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    "I describe myself as a Jewish atheist."

That sounds about as weird as someone calling themself a white black guy.

How can he be both?
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »

How can he be both?

Try reading the article?
    Forum Member

How can he be both?

Or a Catholic Protestant :confused:
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Or a Catholic Protestant :confused:

Or a Jewish Muslim , it all depends on which way the wind is blowing or what bandwagon just rolled on by , the only constant about Milliband is that he always was and always will be and idiot

His sudden connection to his Jewish roots is nothing more than a feeble attempt to jump on this bandwagon

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1955099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try reading the article?

I perused it as it happens, but whether I read it in depth or not at all doesn't make that description any less contradictory imo.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I perused it as it happens, but whether I read it in depth or not at all doesn't make that description any less contradictory imo.

How about reading the very first line:

"Ed Miliband, who has a Jewish heritage but was brought up in an atheist household"

I actually think the article is total guff. As others have pointed out, however you define Jewishness, at best he will be the second Jewish PM, or a non-Jewish PM (or even more likely, never be PM).
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Some serious barrel scratching going on here.
  • andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can he be both?

Jewish can be considered an ethnicity as well as a faith.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about reading the very first line:

"Ed Miliband, who has a Jewish heritage but was brought up in an atheist household"

I actually think the article is total guff. As others have pointed out, however you define Jewishness, at best he will be the second Jewish PM, or a non-Jewish PM (or even more likely, never be PM).

I'm of a similar opinion give or take debating a few degrees of relative "guffness"

I couldn't give a stuff if our PM is the first Jewish, second female or an openly gay muslim. All I'm interested in is the substance - everything else is just a distraction. But even when considering folks are swayed by numerous things in varying degrees I don't see Miliband as a leading light in any department (unless blatant opportunistic bandwagon jumper counts).
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Thats the whole point he doesn't believe in a God so how can he be being attacked for non existent religious beliefs ? He won't be PM let alone the first Jewish one we had one of them over 100 years ago

He says that faith is good but he doesn't have any :confused: , I

ts legitimate to attack him for being an idiot which he is proving himself to be on an almost daily basis
    Whilst Milliband is an utterly incompetent leader you are showing levels of incompetence here that surpass those of Ed.

I am not religious. However I may describe myself as Christian as due to my upbringing I have a strong grounding in Christian beliefs and this has certainly set particular aspects of my moral compass (as it has for many White British atheists and agnostics). I can also see how religion has been good for many people to give their life a structure and order to help them cope. I am not saying that outweighs all the negatives of religion but there is no denying it has helped people too.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    He doesn't have a religion thats the point !

In the article he says he doesn't believe in God so how can he be Jewish ? , another week another bandwagon , which one will he jump on next

What a perfectly risible question to ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    rwould wrote: »
    Whilst Milliband is an utterly incompetent leader you are showing levels of incompetence here that surpass those of Ed.

I am not religious. However I may describe myself as Christian as due to my upbringing I have a strong grounding in Christian beliefs and this has certainly set particular aspects of my moral compass (as it has for many White British atheists and agnostics). I can also see how religion has been good for many people to give their life a structure and order to help them cope. I am not saying that outweighs all the negatives of religion but there is no denying it has helped people too.

An Atheist in your case is someone who doesn't believe in the main points of Christianity (Divinity etc).

A Christian is one who does.

It makes no difference if your moral compass is set by a Christian upbringing.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    rwould wrote: »

So have anti-psychotic drugs whats your point ?

To describe yourself as Christian you must believe in that god or you're nothing more than a hypocrite , you don't pick and chose what bits you want to believe in , you either are or you aren't

I think I'm going to describe myself a Buddhist , I don't believe in any of that rubbish but following both your and Eds examples I describe myself as anything I want even if I don't believe in it
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be those on here who haven't cottoned on to what Miliband is doing. He's attempting to enforce his Jewish ancestry for some reason that I won't even start to unpick. Just ask yourself whether it would sound either right or even interesting if someone referred to themselves as an American Mormon or an English atheist. Only the dimmest could think there was a connection between race and religion.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    So have anti-psychotic drugs whats your point ?

To describe yourself as Christian you must believe in that god or you're nothing more than a hypocrite , you don't pick and chose what bits you want to believe in , you either are or you aren't

I have known very few Christians who aren't very much a la carte when it comes to their faith......
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    I describe myself as agnostic, but from a Christian background and upbringing. To deny the influence that it has is just being ignorant.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In the article he says he doesn't believe in God so how can he be Jewish ? , another week another bandwagon , which one will he jump on next

Just like anyone he and his family have a culture and a history.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member

Of course he is Jewish, regardless of his beliefs or lack of them.