Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    jpscloud wrote: »
    I don't believe the alarm was on - he had to say it was because he needed to show how afraid he was of being attacked in his own home. He stumbled quite a bit when asked about why it didn't go off when he went downstairs and he said he must have automatically turned it off but had no recollection of doing so.

It's a pity he doesn't have a remotely monitored one, that logs which bits are on or off and when.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't that where the mobile phone comes in...OP's claiming she used it as a torch.
    didn't someone say that her mobile light didn't stay on when opened ? can't remember.

Even so, from bedroom down passageway, then through bathroom into toilet, ----why use her phone for light ? (small amount of light!) - when she could just turn the light on, she knew OP was awake as according to him he was getting fans in when she hopped out of bed, so why not put at least the bathroom light on , as she would have known the toilet light wasn't working, she'd stayed the night before - so she'd have gone to loo with toilet door open while bathroom light was on so she could see !

His story is pants let's face it - she's not going to hold her phone in that dark dark toilet and try get her clothes down at same time, aim to go, and get dressed again with just light from a mobile , nonsense.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that in SA you can be free whilst on bail (after being found guilty) - iirc I've read it online somewhere but can't verify it. >:(

ETA: To be honest any sentence will be reduced once he's out of the headlines as much (doubt he ever will be 100%)

I wondered if they do suspended sentences like in the U.K. If they do then I could see that happening with OP but any shennanigans and it will be straight to jail, none of his feeble excuses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    didn't someone say that her mobile light didn't stay on when opened ? can't remember.

Even so, from bedroom down passageway, then through bathroom into toilet, ----why use her phone for light ? (small amount of light!) - when she could just turn the light on, she knew OP was awake as according to him he was getting fans in when she hopped out of bed, so why not put at least the bathroom light on , as she would have know toilet light wasn't working, she'd stayed the night before hadn't she, so she'd have gone to loo with toilet door open so she could have bathroom light coming in so she could see !

His story is pants let's face it - she's not going to hold her phone in that dark dark toilet and try get her clothes down at same time, aim to go, and get dressed again with just light from a mobile , nonsense.
    I agree it seems absolute nonsense..is that enough to discard it though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    isn't that where the mobile phone comes in...OP's claiming she used it as a torch.

If the darkest part was the bedroom, then that's were Reeva would likely use it? But Pistorius didn't notice the room lit up or shadows cast. But he did notice a blue LED.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my husband has just told me that there's a third person in our relationship.....OP!!!! Think that's my cue to go to bed!!!
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see why he's been an icon to so many - he overcame so much (his disability) which is no mean feat in itself, imho. I should think he gave hope to so many with similar limitations. I can't, personally, take these achievements from him.

He never had to 'overcome' it, he grew with it, it is who he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my husband has just told me that there's a third person in our relationship.....OP!!!! Think that's my cue to go to bed!!!

What they are both waiting for you? !
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    just read about Reeva's mum needing money to attend...

Surely she has been earning from interviews? This is really sad:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D I am in bed with my husband (who feels the same) and I am going to make sure I tell him when I need the loo!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In his evidence I believe Oscar said he had his first set of legs when he was 13months old and they were conical shaped, no feet. Is it possible he grew up with a good sense of balance on his stumps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    In his evidence I believe Oscar said he had his first set of legs when he was 13months old and they were conical shaped, no feet. Is it possible he grew up with a good sense of balance on his stumps?

anyone living with that condition would be able to have adapted best way to manage it - so think he was quite able on his stumps. In Court he went onto his stumps to hold the bat, but not sure what he looked like as didn't keep up on twitter of journos that saw him in Court ! - but he may have made a meal of it, reminding me of OJ and trying on his own glove in front of the jury !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even so, from bedroom down passageway, then through bathroom into toilet, ----why use her phone for light ? (small amount of light!) - when she could just turn the light on, she knew OP was awake as according to him he was getting fans in when she hopped out of bed, so why not put at least the bathroom light on , as she would have known the toilet light wasn't working, she'd stayed the night before - so she'd have gone to loo with toilet door open while bathroom light was on so she could see !

Also what young woman "in love" doesn't check how she looks in the mirror before leaving the bathroom and going back to bed? Of course she would have switched a light on.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    He never had to 'overcome' it, he grew with it, it is who he is.

Born with it or not there must have some things he's had to overcome. My brother was born with polio and he's at to work hard at overcoming things that able bodied blokes take for granted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D...
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    I thought the Judge telling Nel off was rather , tongue in cheek for her , but she had to ,,,,,,,,,,,I think she was feeling Nel's pain ! :D

I thought I detected a wry smile from her.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just read about Reeva's mum needing money to attend...

Surely she has been earning from interviews? This is really sad:(

Trial's gone on for a lot longer than most thought it would, perhaps she didn't budget for the length it's gotten to :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had heard that there were a possible 3 types of murder charge early in the trial, but didn't quite understand what they were, and had thought that it was Premeditated Murder, or two Culpable Murder charges, with negligence and without intent, but this article has now clarified what the 3 possible charges are and what how each is classified :

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/oscar-pistorius/53387/oscar-pistorius-trial-reeva-had-no-time-scream

The judge will have to decide if Pistorius:

planned to kill before firing the gun = which could amount to premeditated murder;

intended to kill as he fired the shots = which could amount to murder;

whether he acted negligently = which could amount to culpable homicide.[/QUOTE]

So far, I don't think the Prosecution could get the Judge to rule to Premeditated Murder, (even though I think he shot to kill Reeva in that toilet) - but I think they've been able to show a jigsaw puzzle that's fitting the charge of Murder, with intent to kill, but without 'planning' - just depends what the Defence come up with now and they can get Judge to go for lessor charge of Culpable Murder !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Born with it or not there must have some things he's had to overcome. My brother was born with polio and he's at to work hard at overcoming things that able bodied blokes take for granted.

I understand that 'life' may be harder, but, it must be harder after loosing limbs later in life after living with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that 'life' may be harder, but, it must be harder after loosing limbs later in life after living with them.

It's down to the individual - some do their best to overcome the limitations, others probably don't.

The only thing I admire about OP is what he has achieved on the track despite his disability. I still think there'll be kids out there, particularly, who have gained some inner strength after seeing his track performances / achievements. I can't and won't take that away from OP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they'd BUG Oscar's Uncle's House, as it may lead to a full recorded confession from OP and the Judge can just pop back on 5th May , play it to Court and charge him !

Job done !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's down to the individual - some do their best to overcome the limitations, others probably don't.

The only thing I admire about OP is what he has achieved on the track despite his disability. I still think there'll be kids out there, particularly, who have gained some inner strength after seeing his track performances / achievements. I can't and won't take that away from OP.

He may have succeeded, but, IMO success went to his (and those around him) head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Going through the defence pathologist's evidence, Botha agreed that by Pistorious shouting 'Reeva, Reeva phone the police' she would have been 'primed'. That she would be in fear and likely to scream.

Botha said he wasn't aware that Reeva had been primed.

Watch the defence team (@26:30) react in shock at the thought their case was that Reeva was 'primed', but there's no objection.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    But that is what he was saying.

Roux certainly thought so and yet Nel didn't make anything of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may have succeeded, but, IMO success went to his (and those around him) head.

Maybe it did maybe it didn't - he could have been a natural "a*sehole" the minute he found out he was "different" from others - still no reason for me to undermine his track achievements.

There's quite a few celebs that I've met that are good musicians but are total p*icks away from the stage :(
This discussion has been closed.