Quick headcount about John Barrowman...

frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who likes him?

I hate him. It's a harsh word but he's earned it. When I look at him I see a simpering mess of an actor, with no range and no worthwhile background of work to draw on.

I could be wrong.

I hate him because he's been on TV so much, doing the same hopeless schtick. It's depressing.

I remember the early day's when he was just an engaging character on Dr Who, I wish we could go back to that.

I liked him then.

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Love him
    love him
    LOVE HIM

I will miss TTN when it finishes tonight, it has been a breath of fresh air on a Saturday noght for the last 6 weeks.
    He is a natural born performer, I will never tire of him.

You do realise that he has been around presenting and singing a lot longer than DW? He is a top west end star and has been presenting since the 90s.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say that i 'hate' him, that would require too much effort on my part but i can't be doing with him. He was good as captain jack in DW although annoying as the same character in TW, weird huh? and i was surprised at how bad an actor he was in desperate housewives, and there definately was a period when he was everywhere.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Like him.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him! & people with accents like his usually really annoy me!
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love him...
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word, I find him "bland."
    Never watch any programme in which he appears.
    If others like him, it doesn't bother me at all.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's good as Capn' Jack, and probably a nice guy in real life, but on TV I find his overly camp manner irritating. He even manages to make Graham Norton look straight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who likes him?

I hate him. It's a harsh word but he's earned it. When I look at him I see a simpering mess of an actor, with no range and no worthwhile background of work to draw on.

I could be wrong.

I hate him because he's been on TV so much, doing the same hopeless schtick. It's depressing.

I remember the early day's when he was just an engaging character on Dr Who, I wish we could go back to that.

I liked him then.

You're just a novice. I remember him from Live and Kicking back in the 90's and an early channel 5 daytime programme called (I think) 5's Company. He's paid his dues, spent a bit of time working in the States and got a great CV if you're into musical theatre. He's OK, a bit of an old fashioned all round entertainer but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    LOVE him!
  • ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one in the love camp (if that's the right expression :))
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Love him
    love him
    LOVE HIM

I will miss TTN when it finishes tonight, it has been a breath of fresh air on a Saturday noght for the last 6 weeks.
    He is a natural born performer, I will never tire of him.

You do realise that he has been around presenting and singing a lot longer than DW? He is a top west end star and has been presenting since the 90s.

I don't think I would like to meet him personally. He clearly has such a huge ego he would be annoying.

BUT, he is a fantastic entertainer. Tonights The Night has been the best Saturday night entertainment this year, he has a great singing voice, can dance, I like his acting and my missus is miserable because he's gay!
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure but isnt he a west end show type? As far as tv is concerned he is only on BBC1 primetime Saturday because there arent any entertainers these days-and those few that have a name are generally with ITV because our MP's start to cry when the BBC pay anyone the market rate.

That said there will always be an audience for the Hearts of Gold type stuff he does on Tonights the Night.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen and would never bother to watch him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Love him. He's an Entertainer with a capital E. Lovely guy in real life, very humble and considerate with his fans. And absolutely outstanding on stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was OK as the one-dimensional Captain Jack but otherwise I can't stand him.

Rubbish, overly-mannered singer, irritating and ego-driven judge (on the ALW shows, Eurovision etc) insincere and smarmy host. I reach for the remote control to switch over if I have the chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    ughhhhhhh hes everywhere !! cant stand him
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him!
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible. Average actor and terrible singer.

He keeps all the housewives quiet though.
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,582
    Forum Member
    JB's gorgeous. Scott Gill is a very lucky man.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like his acting, especially in Torchwood.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him in Torchwood and Doctor Who, don't really watch any of his entertainment programmes.

Also he was on Live and Kicking?! I've got to find a clip lol. I used to watch that all the time when i was younger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Interesting that the people who don't like him are also the ones who claim to reach for the remote/turn over/never watch him. Maybe, just maybe, if they approached JB with a more open mind, they'd see the talents that have kept him employed for over 20 years. If people don't watch him, how can they form an opinion? ;)
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no feelings about him at all. I saw him in the Doctor Who stuff, and for me he was just another actor. I haven't watched his show so can't comment on it.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE him.

But I can understand why some people might not.

If you meet him in real life as a fan he's just like he is on television, but actually I've had drinks with him and a few others on one occasion and he's a lot less in your face - it's not all about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a grade A tosser, he is so tacky and inane it is unreal.

His new 'show' makes me want to vomit when ever it comes on, which is not for longer than 10 seconds - as that is how long it takes me to turn over.