Options

Do you think Liam Payne is still miffed about being put in a group?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    His voice goes right through me, I don't think he can sing atall, also very one tone, lacks depth in his voice
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam4God wrote: »
    Really?! :eek: I thought Tom Richards was a LOT better than Liam both vocally and as a performer!! I still dont understand why he didnt get through to the live shows.
    Tom was like something out of a timewarp. It was as if the Noughties had never happened and we were still in about 1994. His teen appeal was precisely zero. He was never going to go anywhere.

I don't know if Liam is more mature than his bandmates. Definitely not in an age sense, obviously. He does come across as quite a lot smarter than the rest of them though.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    Niall. [.........]I don't know why they included him in the group.

He's the token Irish member! A lot of manufactured groups seem to have one.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    He's only sixteen, so he can't be more than a few months older than them. I do get the impression that Niall and the other sidelined one (Louis?) are pretty immature, though, & Liam strikes me as being pretty levelheaded.

Liam is seventeen. The others are 17 (except Louis who is 18) but Liam is more well developed than the others and has a deeper voice than the others.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    I think he was shocked to be cut and then initially as grateful as the others to be allowed back in via the group route due to the 'generosity' of the producers. But he probably realises now what actually happened.

The producers don't just pick the top singing acts - they cast the whole show to make it work on TV - hence they wanted Wagner, they wanted Mary etc. But to make it work this year to get all the desired TV characters in, they changed the age ranges, pushing Matt Cardle from the overs into the boys' section. I think this age change partly helped to push Liam out of it and into the group section where a place was found for him.

With or without that going on, the producers wanted a boy group anyway and without him they didn't quite have one good enough. They know that girl groups really struggle to survive even the first few shows. They had a perfectly decent 'man' group of good lookers with The Reason, but they had no one to appeal to the female tweens. So they ditched The Reason and created a much younger version.

I think Liam has probably worked that out now. It's not so much that he's in a group, more the cynical manipulation of all of the contestants. We make your dreams come true but only as long as ratings boxes get ticked and you make money for us, otherwise, frankly, we don't care.

Agree with all of this. Cowell clearly wanted Liam in his manufactured group and it is no accident that he is their mentor and the age ranges were changed beforehand of the other categories. Some of the singers put through to Judges house were far weaker than Liam vocally but he would never have won as a solo act and stands more of a chance in this group. He is also more of a Michael Buble style of singer and is having to get used to singing a totally different style of music. If there is a Big Band week then Liam will definitely carry the group through on his vocals alone. Both Liam and Harry are the best singers in the group but Harry seems unable to sing live on his own due to severes nerves and stagefright so the group are relying on Liam more each week. Zain is vocally the weakest and messes up the most imo but he seems to have insisted that he gets a little solo spot each week to keep him happy. Collectively they do look and feel like a pop group but it is going to be interesting to see if they are able to stay together after the show is over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »
    Liam is seventeen. The others are 17 (except Louis who is 18) but Liam is more well developed than the others and has a deeper voice than the others.

Well, he was sixteen when he auditioned, so he must be one of the youngest in the group in that case.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I agree with everything duncann and ArtyAttack say, except that I think, rather than Zain insisting on getting a solo line or two, I think he is being given this simply because he, along with Liam, is the best-looking, and is therefore what the girlies will want to see featured.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »

Harry is 16 and has a better voice than liam it seemed that way at simon house when singing torn but harry hasnt shown it on the live shows maybe due to his stage fright or they are just holding him back to later show