Just how delusional are Richard and Adam?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a488484/britains-got-talent-richard--adam-egg-thrower-destroyed-our-dream.html

They believe egg thrower ruined there chances.
I thought The general consensus was they only made top 3 because of egg lady !!

Comments

• CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "She has destroyed our dream. She might regret it now and say sorry, but it's too late for us - we will never get that moment back. It's gone forever."

Reporting like this is showing them in a negative light. Someone is destroying their dream and it is not Miss Egg Thrower. :confused:
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a488484/britains-got-talent-richard--adam-egg-thrower-destroyed-our-dream.html

I agree !! Good voices but a dull act... and a lazy act, repeating the same song they did on a past show. If anything the egg throwing gave them a few extra sympathy votes. If they thought this show was going to make them famous just because they have good voices .... two words - Jai McDowall !!!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took it to mean that she destroyed their moment in the spotlight. Everyone is talking about the silly cow who threw the eggs during their performance and nothing about their performance.

I would have still loved one of them to have grabbed one of the eggs out of her box and mashed it on her head - they were certainly close enough.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest the egg lady may have done them a massive favour for the future - I can imagine that video will get loads more youtube hits now because of her!!! Can't be bad, can it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard and Adam may have colluded. We just don't know. ;)
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Richard and Adam may have colluded. We just don't know. ;)

Not the worst theory I've seen on here tbh. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

They had the highest voting percentage in the semi finals. Their type of singing does not appeal to me at all, but I can still see how popular they are. It is highly likely they would have been in the top 3, regardless of the egg thrower. She is very selfish to spoil their performance in the finals anyway, regardless of how it affected the voting.
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they gained votes rather than lost any because of the incident. Partly out of sympathy and partly because of the way they carried on. Don't think they would have got third otherwise.

Still feel sorry for their moment being lost though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still do not get how Egg woman ruined their act. I thought she enhanced it and gave it credit. :confused:
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the sight of the gurning grinning granny put a lot of voting viewers off.

Possibly fine for child acts to have 'menan' cheering them on, but for two grown men - no way!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still do not get how Egg woman ruined their act. I thought she enhanced it and gave it credit. :confused:

That's what apologists for the idiot seem to believe, but in reality, all she did was bring attention to herself, and spoil the night for one of the acts. Ironic, given that she supposedly did it because she was pissed off at the way Cowell and BGT treated contestants!:rolleyes:
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    They had the highest voting percentage in the semi finals. Their type of singing does not appeal to me at all, but I can still see how popular they are. It is highly likely they would have been in the top 3, regardless of the egg thrower. She is very selfish to spoil their performance in the finals anyway, regardless of how it affected the voting.

To be fair, the voting percentages did show that there was only a 0.7% difference between them and Steve! We will never know if they would still have just pipped him without the egg controversy! Funny enough, even if they did get a boost in votes they still got the worst placing out of any first semi final winners! I think they are just a tad peeved at everything tbh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now the numerous youtube videos of them are now being pulled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    ouf ,.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if I'd gone on BGT genuinely thinking it could launch my career and then my big moment in the final was upstaged by a stupid girl throwing eggs I'd be upset.

In this case they're probably saying what Cowell has told them to say in order to keep the story in the news.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard and Adam were the best act and in my view should of won
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

Which general consensus would that be ?? My attitude is if that woman wanted to protest then do it in her own time and rob these young men of their spotlight .No matter what position they were in it was their moment and how dare she selfishly use it to promote anything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    antero wrote: »
    To be fair, the voting percentages did show that there was only a 0.7% difference between them and Steve! We will never know if they would still have just pipped him without the egg controversy! Funny enough, even if they did get a boost in votes they still got the worst placing out of any first semi final winners! I think they are just a tad peeved at everything tbh!

That was because Steve's performance in the finals was outstanding, and he probably gained a lot of extra supporters. It doesn't change the fact that Richard and Adam were very popular all along.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which general consensus would that be ?? My attitude is if that woman wanted to protest then do it in her own time and rob these young men of their spotlight .No matter what position they were in it was their moment and how dare she selfishly use it to promote anything

Totally agree. I was listening, not watching so missed the woman throwing the eggs but did wonder why their singing seemed to go off slightly. I voted for them in their heat but didn't in the final (didn't vote for anyone to be honest). Whether they would have won or not, that woman did ruin what would have been a very special night for the two lads.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was because Steve's performance in the finals was outstanding, and he probably gained a lot of extra supporters. It doesn't change the fact that Richard and Adam were very popular all along.

Steve was oustanding . He also made the judges laugh the most
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Steve was oustanding . He also made the judges laugh the most

And, for once, their laughter did not look forced or artificial or condescending.

The Judges could have been more positive with Richard and Adam though - probably the fact that Cowell gave the impression that he wanted the Luminites to win didn't help them - didn't help the Luminites much either in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seems pointless protesting in your own time.

Well it just wouldn't have the same impact now would it?
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Seems pointless protesting in your own time.

Well it just wouldn't have the same impact now would it?

She was selfish and inconsiderate and I will keep saying it as you keep posting . If she wants to protest let her feel free , just leave others out of it .The lads moment was then , not hers . Selfish little wench that she was it was all about her , forgetting that the lads were on the greatest stage of their lives maybe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was selfish and inconsiderate and I will keep saying it as you keep posting . If she wants to protest let her feel free , just leave others out of it .The lads moment was then , not hers . Selfish little wench that she was .

You are perfectly free to offer your prostestations at any time. :D
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the acts who come off BGT or X Factor end up letting themselves down not because of what they do on stage but what they say off stage like this. They actually had the sympathy of many people and probably picked up many votes because of the egg throwing incident.

By saying this (although I can see the point about the performance being disrupted visually which they won't get back) they will just get the tag of being deluded and believing their own hype.