Options

Strictly Come Dancing Launch Show - Discussion Thread (6:50pm BBC1)

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
Forum Member
✭✭
Our traditional pre-series warmup tonight sees fifteen celebrities paired up with fifteen professionals:
Hosts Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly put the sparkle back into Saturday nights, as the series shimmies onto screen with an exclusive red carpet premiere full of old-school Hollywood glamour.

After a trip down the red carpet to face the flashbulbs and adoring fans, the celebrities will head to the dance floor where their professional dance partners will be revealed, and they perform as a group for the very first time.

The celebrities will face the judging panel of Strictly royalty, Bruno Tonioli, Craig Revel Horwood and head judge Len Goodman, with world-renowned ballerina Darcey Bussell returning for her second year on the show. Stars Rod Stewart and Jessie J will also perform their latest singles, and The Strictly Champions of 2012 - Olympic gymnast Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace - return to perform their celebrated Charleston to really give this year’s celebrities insight into just what is ahead of them!

Comments

• Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im getting excited, I know its not the proper shows yet but still
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looking out for the expression on some faces when they are paired up.
    I nearly put a spoiler up outside the spoiler thread, as one has a potential to be very funny.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    Im getting excited, I know its not the proper shows yet but still

My excitement is growing by the minute, but I'm also quite nervous hoping that none of my favourites get lumbered with a handicap this year.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The talk is building up on Twitter at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The talk is building up on Twitter at the moment.

Wow, how exiting.............:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »

Exiting?

They've eliminated someone already?
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looking out for the expression on some faces when they are paired up.
    I nearly put a spoiler up outside the spoiler thread, as one has a potential to be very funny.

Can't wait! I can't believe I have managed to resist the spoiler thread but i have :D
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exiting?

They've eliminated someone already?

That was quick :p

Less than an hour to go :eek:
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go, 2013 starts today!
  • Options
    EosterwineEosterwine Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »

Maybe you should exit the thread then lol
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening all. :)

Ta for the thread cwickham.
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Good evening, everyone! :)

I'm really looking forward to this - I hope Brendan and Iveta get good partners this series! Thanks for the thread cwickham! :D
  • Options
    Tower DancerTower Dancer Posts: 395
    Forum Member
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter is building up tweets on the show now, More people are talking about it every second :)
  • Options
    ebeeebee Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone - looking forward to this - thanks for the thread cwickham
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Here's to a great series where thankfully there doesn't seem to be an immediate front winner (i.e. the young male fitty). I know the line up might seem to some as being lower profile (especially the male celebs) but I'm optimistic about how/why it is under stated. I'm liking the thought of Fiona being a new Pamela as becoming a surprise to the audience. A James and Vanessa pairing has to happen and hoping Anton gets Rachel or Sophie to stir it up a bit!?

Also, look out for my 5 Thoughts thread after the show.
  • Options
    scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. :eek:
    Something worth watching is needed on terrestrial at the weekends not this load of tosh again.
  • Options
    ebeeebee Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. :eek:
    Something worth watching is needed on terrestrial at the weekends not this load of tosh again.

Well off you go then - with love:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Night at Elsinore, this has interrupted an on going Castle catch up marathon on iTunes, if it weren't happening the court could get series 4 finished, and start series 5 for some of the retinue for the first time.
  • Options
    jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Evening All, thanks for starting the thread cwickem, just time to put the kettle on and i'm set for tonight:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Evening all - I've been a lurker here the past couple of series but have finally gotten round to signing up so looking forward to joining in with the discussions this time! Looking forward to seeing Flavia back tonight too and love watching the pros' reactions when they get paired up, hopefully there's some good ones tonight :D
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like ages since I've watched Pointless Celebrities as a lead in to Strictly. ;)

So glad it's back!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread. :)

I fell out of love with Strictly last year so hopefully this will reignite my interest. I've avoided a lot of the spoilers so that could make the show interesting tonight.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit slow on here?
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it sad to say that Im excited :)