Did Jesus commit suicide

AngrydadAngrydad Posts: 53
Forum Member
Since Jesus was God he knew that in order to fulfill prophecy he needed to die so he basically manipulated the human pawns around him into 'killing' him. That seems like suicide to me.

Just another thought can a God suffer? Where was the sacrifice? He had a couple of bad days and was then crucified he then had a couple of days kip and came back to life! knowing the whole time that he was going up to heaven to be God again. My wife suffered more giving birth!

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear :o
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crucifixion looks a pretty painful death in fairness. The only reason they didn't have to break his legs (like they did everyone else's) was because the torture beforehand weakened him. If he committed suicide you'd think he'd have chosen a less painful method!
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m not sure you`ve got the hang of the bible.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free will killed him, Not that I am a religious type.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this another crazy poster about to go on another rampage.....?

It is after all about now the Mods usually have their dinner.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but he would probably be tempted if he read some of these threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this another crazy poster about to go on another rampage.....?

It is after all about now the Mods usually have their dinner.

OOo Knitting ready and passes the popcorn. :D:D:D:D
    Haven't got over the last one yet:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    No but he would probably be tempted if he read some of these threads.

How many is it now? I've lost count! ;-)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angrydad wrote: »
    Just another thought can a God suffer? Where was the sacrifice?

Of course. By incarnating God could experience pain and pleasure, love and fear, etc.

God would already have unlimited knowledge. Experience is something extra.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    DS ought to run a book on contentious threads like this. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    OP do me a favour and go read the Bible before spouting ignorance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    DS ought to run a book on contentious threads like this. :D

I'll do it. Step right up and lay your bets with honest Annie , best odds around.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    God did it.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn:

No
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crucifixion looks a pretty painful death in fairness. The only reason they didn't have to break his legs (like they did everyone else's) was because the torture beforehand weakened him. If he committed suicide you'd think he'd have chosen a less painful method!

Generally with Suicide by Cop you don't get to choose the weapons
  • AngrydadAngrydad Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    The point is that Jesus already new he was going to die because god knows everything and he was God. All Jesus needed to do was manipulate those around him in order for him to be killed. No murder no salvation. if he had lived until 70 and died on the toilet then it would not make any sense in terms of original sin etc.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *knew*

if you're going to troll at least use proper English whilst you do it.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Jesus commit suicide?

The answer would depend on what was the result of the inquest. Could have been "suicide while the balance of his mind was disturbed" I suppose.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point is that Jesus already new he was going to die because god knows everything and he was God. All Jesus needed to do was manipulate those around him in order for him to be killed. No murder no salvation. if he had lived until 70 and died on the toilet then it would not make any sense in terms of original sin etc.

If he gave free will to people, People were free to do as they pleased and they killed a person that claimed to be their god. He may well have known the outcome in advance but the people chose to kill him by free will.
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,634
    Forum Member

I'd have to say that the whole story doesn't make a lot of sense IMO and rereading the bible, as someone here has suggested, doesn't help a lot either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Depends what he was up to on the toilet. But no that's hardly original.
  • AngrydadAngrydad Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Because i express a view you call it trolling! The point of these boards is to discuss stuff. I think that if an omnipotent being would be able to arrange his own pretend death and so it is a form of suicide. Like when people draw guns on cops in America.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Jesus was God he knew that in order to fulfill prophecy he needed to die !

This part is correct.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew this could end up being about gun control.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait - Jesus was shot?