Options

Boy Gorge??

well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No not a spelling mistake :p, I saw him on the Titchmarsh show today and it was the first time in ages and my god, talk about eating all the pies :eek: and wearing black didn't help much either; I think someone should tell him to have a good look in the mirror if he hasn't got any scales, and also tell him not to sing about making it to the promised land because bucket boy, you'll struggle in that condition.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Haha, ohhhh George *shakes head* I love you, you're hilarious, but bb, not a good look going on right now.

For all his drug abuse and allegedly keeping a rent boy hostage, I still love him.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    well2do wrote: »
    No not a spelling mistake :p, I saw him on the Titchmarsh show today and it was the first time in ages and my god, talk about eating all the pies :eek: and wearing black didn't help much either; I think someone should tell him to have a good look in the mirror if he hasn't got any scales, and also tell him not to sing about making it to the promised land because bucket boy, you'll struggle in that condition.

He has put on a lot of weight but he's given up drink and drugs, so he's probably eating instead. He can lose the weight again, and besides, he's never been exactly skinny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets face it last time georgie fitted into size 28 skinny jeans was 1983....over the last few years he has turned into "who ate all the pies" but good to see he is now trying to piut his drink n drug lifestyle behind him....and of course the alledge *** kidnap of a rent boy!!

still if he was thin people would moan...main thing is he looks happier
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well he is getting older (like most of us) and weight gain often happens as you slow down. Also he has given up drugs as I know that often drug addicts cannot or have no desire to eat!! Like at Amy Winehouse?!!! I like Boy George, always have and wish him luck. He seems such a sensitive soul.
  • Options
    aussiewantsaps2aussiewantsaps2 Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he stopped painting over all his chins?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no

my mate spotted him yesterday in Londons West End with a painted jewish symbol on his head.....
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Sorry guys but I'm going to be a party pooper. Why is it deemed acceptable to make jokes about his weight?

I'm larger now than I was 10 years ago and am certainly sensitive about people commenting and making jokes about it. And before any one says 'lose weight then'. I have struggled with my weight all my life, its not as simple as 'lose weight then'. I don't eat or drink to excess, in fact I know thin people who abuse their bodies more than me.

This isn't Little Britain's Fat Fighters which is a dig at the whole hyporcicy of the diet industry.

If this post had just been an observation about his weight, then fine, but 'bucket boy' blew it for me.

Sorry to be so serious guys, but I just think that fat jokes tend to get deemed acceptable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I agree with Listentome! I totally agree.
    I have battled weight issues for the past 15 years and someone telling you your putting it on! doesN'T HELP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no

my mate spotted him yesterday in Londons West End with a painted jewish symbol on his head.....

It's an actual tattoo which he's had for years. I like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Sorry guys but I'm going to be a party pooper. Why is it deemed acceptable to make jokes about his weight?

I'm larger now than I was 10 years ago and am certainly sensitive about people commenting and making jokes about it. And before any one says 'lose weight then'. I have struggled with my weight all my life, its not as simple as 'lose weight then'. I don't eat or drink to excess, in fact I know thin people who abuse their bodies more than me.

This isn't Little Britain's Fat Fighters which is a dig at the whole hyporcicy of the diet industry.

If this post had just been an observation about his weight, then fine, but 'bucket boy' blew it for me.

Sorry to be so serious guys, but I just think that fat jokes tend to get deemed acceptable.

As a fan of George's for the last 21 years, I don't like to hear him called any names. Besides, he can lose the weight again... it's not such a big deal.... and as I said earlier, he's never been exactly skinny anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    It's an actual tattoo which he's had for years. I like it.

it was painted over his actual tatoo and across his head and face - quite bizarre!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it was painted over his actual tatoo and across his head and face - quite bizarre!!

Oh well..... as he says, he likes painting and decorating himself!
  • Options
    well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because he's up there on display like all celebs, or are you saying they are untouchable?
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    well2do wrote: »
    Because he's up there on display like all celebs, or are you saying they are untouchable?

You misunderstand me as your question has no relevance to my post. My objection is not that he is a celebrity so he should not be made fun of, my objection is to using someone's (anyone celebrity or not) weight as the basis of ridicule.

regards
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After all the problems he has had , if he has now calmed down and is healthy and happy who gives a sod if he has put on a few pounds, after all its his body.
  • Options
    xChErRy-DrOpSxxChErRy-DrOpSx Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is he hyped up to the max?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

:confused:

He's still got the suit on!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    After all the problems he has had , if he has now calmed down and is healthy and happy who gives a sod if he has put on a few pounds, after all its his body.

few pounds?
  • Options
    Forum Member

He isn't. He doesn't get enough publicity IMO. He's talented, he has actually done something to deserve his fame and he doesn't get the publicity that untalented, useless twonks like Chantewwlle, Kerry K, Jade Goody or even the M*rshmonster gets. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    few pounds?

But in the grand scheme of your or my life does it matter ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    But in the grand scheme of your or my life does it matter ?

probably not - but this is digitalspy - does any of this really matter?
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tbh, it makes a refreshing change that a man is being picked on for his weight seeing as women are usually the target on here.

Doesn't make it right but this is Digital Spy Showbiz...not exactly the place to come if you're gonna be sensitive about these things.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    no

It looked like a tattooed pentacle to me not the star of David but I might be wrong. George is Irish origin so doubtful he'd be suddenly jewish.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    He isn't. He doesn't get enough publicity IMO. He's talented, he has actually done something to deserve his fame and he doesn't get the publicity that untalented, useless twonks like Chantewwlle, Kerry K, Jade Goody or even the M*rshmonster gets. :rolleyes:

Agree. I don't think anyone should be ridiculed for their weight gain, especially if they're in recovery from drugs.

Also, I think George looks great, he's a true artist, a true creative, and if that means painting over his head then let him get on with it IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like a tattooed pentacle to me not the star of David but I might be wrong. George is Irish origin so doubtful he'd be suddenly jewish.

deffo jewish - picture/snapshot of him in the london paper...bless