Our Zoo coming soon to BBC1

lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This looks good. It's about time bbc have a decent drama. Series two of the village is awful

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    Caught the trailer tonight and hope it is good.

There is a new show on BBC2 tomorrow night at 7pm called Young Vets.

1/10 documentary. That looks good to but tissues at the ready :(
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,174
    Forum Member
    Yes I liked the trailer and a good cast toot
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does this start
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing the trailer I was wondering where I had seen the main guy before so I looked it up and was amused to see it was Lee Ingleby who was Stan Shunpike the bus conductor in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.:D
    Forum Member
    After seeing the trailer I was wondering where I had seen the main guy before so I looked it up and was amused to see it was Lee Ingleby who was Stan Shunpike the bus conductor in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.:D

One bloke is the side kick from George Gently and Anne Reid.

Is this the same as the film ... We Brought A Zoo ? Seems very similar.
  • scragendscragend Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Is this the same as the film ... We Brought A Zoo ? Seems very similar.

No. We Bought A Zoo was about Dartmoor Wildlife Park (well the book was, wasn't the film set in America?). Our Zoo is about Chester Zoo.
    Forum Member
    scragend wrote: »
    No. We Bought A Zoo was about Dartmoor Wildlife Park (well the book was, wasn't the film set in America?). Our Zoo is about Chester Zoo.

Oh right. Thanks. I never watched the film that's why it sounded similar to me. I only know that Scarlett Johansson was in the film.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does this start

Wednesday 3rd September at 9pm
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this, watched the trailer and it looks good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    Wednesday 3rd September at 9pm

10.35pm on BBC1 Scotland because of another flipping Independence debate. Hope people without Sky or iPlayer can still catch it.
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am surprised it's on in a 9pm slot. As going by the trailer it looks like a show suitable for all the family, the sort of show that you'd imagine in something like an 8pm Sunday slot. Looks good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am surprised it's on in a 9pm slot. As going by the trailer it looks like a show suitable for all the family, the sort of show that you'd imagine in something like an 8pm Sunday slot. Looks good though.

I agree. Sunday nights at about 8pm would be perfect, so the whole family could enjoy.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't usually my kind of thing but the trailer look good and I'll watch anything with Liz White in it.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Sunday nights at about 8pm would be perfect, so the whole family could enjoy.

Agreed, just watching a story about the real life Chester Zoo on The One Show.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree totally and thought that when I saw the trailer. Its been plugged a lot and Im sure a lot of kids will want to see it having seen the promos...don't get the 9 o'clock job to be honest. It looks quality though and a winner.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    I agree totally and thought that when I saw the trailer. Its been plugged a lot and Im sure a lot of kids will want to see it having seen the promos...don't get the 9 o'clock job to be honest. It looks quality though and a winner.

Even worse in Scotland, not on until after 22:35h. Supposed to be some sort of vote coming up here I think, you would never know from the lack of coverage on TV. :):):)
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am liking it a lot so far. I want a zebra for our back garden.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Lovin' this. Lighthearted and easy going. Nice bit of humour to it. I expect there's quite a bit of artistic licence in use:)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving this too.... A quick scene in Great Budworth a few mins ago....

Back in Budworth :)
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Loving this too.... A quick scene in Great Budworth a few mins ago....

Was that where they drove through those nice little houses. Very quaint.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not what I'd normally watch but I'm enjoying it
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Was that where they drove through those nice little houses. Very quaint.

It is hansue.... ;-) Would seem to be the village where they have filmed most of the exteriors. Don't know where the house is though
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,174
    Forum Member
    Enjoyable television but surely it's more suited to a Sunday night spot?
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this. It's well shot, acted and written and it's a really interesting story that warms your heart as well.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed that, excellent family drama and I think it compliments its lead in (Bake Off) well. I definitely don't trust that reverend, but it's always good to see Stephen Campbell Moore.

It'll be interesting how they pace this, if it's a hit BBC will want it to continue for a good few series. I can see the zoo opening at the end of the series, but I imagine there's a lot of drama to made out of maintaining it etc.
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Enjoyable television but surely it's more suited to a Sunday night spot?

Downton kind of prevents that from happening, I think it suits airing after GBBO, both have that warm cosiness about them.