Whats annoying you today?

Comments

• tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of smell is it Tia? Can you describe it? The collective knowledge of DS might help you root it out. :D

I agree with you an unidentified small can drive you insane. I had a smell in my kitchen for weeks and couldn't find the source. Eventually it turned out that some food had dropped doen inside one of those tall cupboards with the pull out wire racks. God knows how the item in question got in there in the first place. :confused: i only use it for dried and tinned foods.

Its a sort of dankish, binnish, sinkish smell but I have poured bleach down the sink and there's a clean bin.

We often do have a problem with our sink though because its a double sink, doesnt seem to clear that well.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Its a sort of dankish, binnish, sinkish smell but I have poured bleach down the sink and there's a clean bin.

We often do have a problem with our sink though because its a double sink, doesnt seem to clear that well.

Washing machine? Under the rubber in there it can get pretty manky, often needs a wipe out.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Are your U bends and traps plastic?

If they are they are easy to take apart. You might need a monkey wrench just to start the unscrewing but otherwise they can be done by hand. I make a note of which order I remove the bits soo I can put them all back again easily. (or a photo) I too have a double, well one and a half sink combo and there is a washing machine element too. Also make sure you put a bucket under. Its so easy to find a mucky component and automatically rinse it through under the tap! :D

But from time to time I take mine apart and clean them all out with bleach and a rag on a string with a weight which I pull through. Then I know they are all nice and clean and blockage free. Its more the satisfaction of knowing how clean it is that drives me I think.

ETA By monkey wrench I mean one of those adjustable spanner thingies - I don't actually know what a monkey wrench is! :blush::D
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Posts which only appear after a delay. 😒
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way the postman turned up at 11.40 cant leave parcels ion doorstep due to safety rules but he can leave them under the stairs of the 4 flats where i live!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Washing machine? Under the rubber in there it can get pretty manky, often needs a wipe out.

No, its in the utility room so its not the house as such
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are your U bends and traps plastic?

If they are they are easy to take apart. You might need a monkey wrench just to start the unscrewing but otherwise they can be done by hand. I make a note of which order I remove the bits soo I can put them all back again easily. (or a photo) I too have a double, well one and a half sink combo and there is a washing machine element too. Also make sure you put a bucket under. Its so easy to find a mucky component and automatically rinse it through under the tap! :D

But from time to time I take mine apart and clean them all out with bleach and a rag on a string with a weight which I pull through. Then I know they are all nice and clean and blockage free. Its more the satisfaction of knowing how clean it is that drives me I think.

ETA By monkey wrench I mean one of those adjustable spanner thingies - I don't actually know what a monkey wrench is! :blush::D

Plastic and what Ive noticed is that the link from the little sink plughole to the big sink plughole is completely horizontal so I think things might just sit in there.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • BodyElectricBodyElectric Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Not being able to escape the referendum coverage. I know it's historic and needs talking about but I've reached saturation point and would like to be able to log onto the internet or turn on the TV and see news about what else is happening in the world. I feel the same way when it comes to any story that gets blanket coverage when most of that coverage is just going over the same old shit or is mere speculation and not actual solid news.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screeching broody hens..... grrrrrr SHUT up lol....
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Plastic and what Ive noticed is that the link from the little sink plughole to the big sink plughole is completely horizontal so I think things might just sit in there.

Yss having looked under my sink I have the same. A plastic pipe maybe 7 inches long that lies horizontally. It is easy to take off though. Prepare yourself for a some revolting smelly slime though. Also check any pipes that are curved or have an bend in them and some pipes have a sort of dead end where gunky plaque collects too.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I'm cold here in Bath :(
    Run some more hot water. :D
  • hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend's (soon to be former) PhD. Supervisor.

Actually, she annoys me most days.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Just went for a long awaited MRI scan and found that the dozy person who rearranged the appointment to one I could make didn't put it on the system when she told me when it was!

Now have to wait for yet another date (the hospital had already cancelled one I could make and given me one I couldn't hence the rearrangement!) Grrrr.... >:(
  • Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remainers moaning and predicting doom and gloom. It's done. You lost. GET OVER IT. >:(
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have a penis the size of a rampant bull elephant in musth.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be up early, but I can't sleep.
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They haven't annoyed me today yet, but in a few hours they'll start. Must be the first thing they think about when they wake up. No consideration that others might not fancy a shag at that time of the morning. Especially Sunday morning, and would prefer not to hear the same sequence of, admittedly well sung, phrases over and over at the top of their little voice - which of course wakes up the others and within about ten minutes they're all at it.

I get up and close the window and shake my fists at the beautiful little rascals. :)
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    archiver wrote: »
    They haven't annoyed me today yet, but in a few hours they'll start. Must be the first thing they think about when they wake up. No consideration that others might not fancy a shag at that time of the morning. Especially Sunday morning, and would prefer not to hear the same sequence of, admittedly well sung, phrases over and over at the top of their little voice - which of course wakes up the others and within about ten minutes they're all at it.

I get up and close the window and shake my fists at the beautiful little rascals. :)

is that anyway t o talk about church goers? :-)
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    is that anyway t o talk about church goers? :-)
    :D:D:D
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Play-Doh, which my kids have been playing with for the last hour.

I can't f***ing stand the stuff. The smell, the way it gets bloody everywhere and the way I have to clean it up afterwards. And for days after, I'll be finding little bits all over the place. >:(>:(>:(

Did I mention I hate Play-Doh?
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Glastonbury coverage, Adele, too much sport on TV, the short check out counters at Aldi, EU coverage of course, the cat playing games all night... :D
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remainers moaning and predicting doom and gloom. It's done. You lost. GET OVER IT. >:(

The phrase Get over it , Trying to stifle discussion and disappointment .
  • seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People bringing huge suitcases onto packed commuter trains, taking up loads of space with their luggage, then having the nerve to tell others to move down inside the carriage! **** off! >:( I would fully support a ban on suitcases during rush hour, just as there is on bikes ... but some people don't bother to obey that rule either!
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The casual racism of certain sections of the British electorate....

It well continue to annoy for the foreseeable future.