Do you prefer the new DS website design or the old one?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is better but the contrast needs to be tighter though.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's supposed to look like what I'm seeing now, then it's terrible.

Lots of grey-coloured blocks which look as though they've forgotten to put borders around them. So the different greys just blend into each other.

Actually, this can't seriously be the new design; is the a screenshot somewhere of how it's supposed to look? Or is this it...
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a flawed poll, the people who don't care will be silent, and you'll get an echo chamber for all the "hate change" people. I don't get it? Do they have problems reading text printed on a piece of paper, because black text on a white background shouldn't really hurt your eyes.
  • SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    bart4858 wrote: »
    If it's supposed to look like what I'm seeing now, then it's terrible.

Lots of grey-coloured blocks which look as thought they've forgotten to put borders around them. So the different greys just blend into each other.

Actually, this can't seriously be the new design; is the a screenshot somewhere of how it's supposed to look? Or is this it...

I'm absolutely certain that the design hasn't fully rolled out. The forum homepage is the only page that looks correct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preferred the old one although that wasn't great. They've really surpassed themselves in the creative stakes, haven't they. Why is it so grey, and why so many gaps and unused spaces. Is DS run by a bunch of old fogies now? disappointed to say the least.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The post boxes are massive!
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a buggers muddle. too much space, old and new fonts and buttons, no usability and much much harder to use.

who signed this off?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Both have their merits. The new look is somehow "cleaner".
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    this is virtually unusable for me.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Don't mind the way it looks but I can't seem to navigate the way I used to which is a drag atm.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For now, the old one. Though it's probably the case of having to get used to it over time. By far my biggest peeve is the ad bar o the homepage. The first thing you notice are the ads and not the fact that you're on Digital Spy :mad: I know they have to make their money but IMO it's excessive.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't scroll left to right so, can't watch TV on the screen in a different window at the same time as viewing the forums as I'm used to. Hope that gets fixed. As for the look, it was pretty nondescript before, and is pretty nondescript now so... I'm not bothered either way.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    who signed this off?
    Probably the same plonkers who signed off Windows 8. Yes, it really is that bad.
  • Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, this thread started before the completed design rolled out. Take a look and pop your feedback to us in http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916417
This discussion has been closed.