Jason bullied Beth

Jason bullying Beth- A popular opinion that was often shot down by people suggesting Jason was offering constructive critisism. However, I just stumbled upon his twitter account (officialjasong) and his most recent favourted tweet is concrete proof that he was nothing more than a bully towards her. As I'm on my phone I'n unable to link it so I hope you'll check it out when you can before he most likely unfavourites it after a mouthful I sent him on twitter.
What are your opinions on this? As a fan of Beth it upset me greatly and hope he will apologise to her if not publicly then at least privately.

Comments

• norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I think that people sometimes confuse rudeness with bullying. Without seeing the tweet, it is hard to form an opinion on the particular message you're referencing, but (also as a fan of Beth) what I saw on the show was Jason being rude at times and potentially biased against Beth. I saw no bullying.

For the benefit of those of us who don't have twitter accounts, could you possibly quote the tweet you're talking about here?
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is a self-opinionated arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I think that people sometimes confuse rudeness with bullying. Without seeing the tweet, it is hard to form an opinion on the particular message you're referencing, but (also as a fan of Beth) what I saw on the show was Jason being rude at times and potentially biased against Beth. I saw no bullying.

For the benefit of those of us who don't have twitter accounts, could you possibly quote the tweet you're talking about here?

As I said, I can't link the tweet but it is a picture of someone taking a picture with a face which was intended to be a rude impersonation of Beth's appearance. You don't need a twitter account to see his twitter or his favourites.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrtnstr wrote: »
    As I said, I can't link the tweet but it is a picture of someone taking a picture with a face which was intended to be a rude impersonation of Beth's appearance. You don't need a twitter account to see his twitter or his favourites.

I've gone onto Jason's twitter. I'm not registered but can see his tweets. However if I click on 'favourites', it asks for user name and pass word?

By the sound of the picture described, I'd be better not seeing it anyway:kitty:
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrtnstr wrote: »

Is there any indication this is actually the case (i.e. is Beth's name actually mentioned), or is this just your interpretration of the pic?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I've gone onto Jason's twitter. I'm not registered but can see his tweets. However if I click on 'favourites', it asks for user name and pass word?

By the sound of the picture described, I'd be better not seeing it anyway:kitty:

Ah sorry my mistake I assumed you'd be able to see it. It is quite unpleasant and he favourited the tweet on the 3rd of this month. Very immature and unprofessional that he'd show such clear rudeness and then go on to judge her performances.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason is the last person who should be passing comment on other peoples appearance.
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/nicholasshaw06/status/440627307695583232/photo/1

What a nice man. It may not be 'bullying', but it definately is unpleasant. He needs to grow up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, I just went to look through Jason's tweets and there's nothing on there that matches the description the OP gave. Just normal photos and comments.

ETA - someone has provided a link to the pic, which isn't on Jason's twitter - I just checked again to make sure. Just to be clear (because the OP wasn't), it isn't a photo of Jason - it's a photo of someone else, that Jason 'liked'. It's an idiotic thing to do, but hardly bullying, and ironically, the OP has drawn many more people's attention to it by starting this thread.
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Right, I just went to look through Jason's tweets and there's nothing on there that matches the description the OP gave. Just normal photos and comments.

See the link above I just posted, he 'liked' it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See the link above I just posted, he 'liked' it.

A stupid thing for him to do, but hardly bullying - just Jason being a prat!
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason has quite the set of gnashers himself. Glass houses and all that.

Anyway I like Beth's face. She has a cute nose. :D
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    A stupid thing for him to do, but hardly bullying - just Jason being a prat!
    Once he 'liked' that tweet he should have been removed from the panel and in advance of those who think my reaction is OTT imo it's an indication of Jason's attitude towards Beth from week 1 last year; unfavourable and prejudicial.
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you must be mistaken about it being a dig at Beth - she has a cute 'elfin' face and is not a frumpy old boot!
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    A nasty tweet to favourite. It was pretty obvious that he did not like Beth. He seems to have a problem with female athletes.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I would call Jason a bully but it's a thoroughly nasty tweet to favourite and makes Jason no better than all the twitter trolls who make vile comments about Beth's appearance.

Now that DOI has finished I hope never to see this man on TV again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Not sure I would call Jason a bully but it's a thoroughly nasty tweet to favourite and makes Jason no better than all the twitter trolls who make vile comments about Beth's appearance.

Now that DOI has finished I hope never to see this man on TV again.

I'm sure he will turn up somewhere. He has been a judge on other shows besides DOI.

I've heard people say he's nice in real life and he's just playing a role on the show. This suggests otherwise.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    he only spoke sence, she had no personality and really could never really perform to the standard of a really good dancer