Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Liking this place...that's 2 b&bs in portsmouth on my to do list!

When I go to Portsmouth in April, its a shame I cant stay for two nights. One night at G! and one night at Sea La Vie!
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Good scores tonight and some great comments.
    Mother and daughter Jannika work really well together don't they.

Every now and then Craig's voice reminds me of Dave, the Hairy Biker :D

Stitching the mattress cover on is a new one :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breakfast looks a barrel of laughs tomorrow!!!!
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if there are issues between contestants, don't ruin the hard work of the hosts and bring it to the breakfast table, at least it looks that way for tomorrow.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I know ole blue eyes I bet he give her more than dinner :D
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go to Portsmouth in April, its a shame I cant stay for two nights. One night at G! and one night at Sea La Vie!

Do it. ;)
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Someone of your advanced years is gonna get high cholestral with all these fry ups. :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Do it. ;)

I might just go onto their website and see the costs...:p
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Someone of your advanced years is gonna get high cholestral with all these fry ups. :D;)

I dont go away that often!! :D
  • Options
    ICanBeBotheredICanBeBothered Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Even if there are issues between contestants, don't ruin the hard work of the hosts and bring it to the breakfast table, at least it looks that way for tomorrow.

agree, and although I like Kristin, I thought it extremely unkind that - although there was another place at the table, and just as close to the door - she picked the one that allowed her to sit with her back to the only other two guests in the room.

On another matter, I cannot look at Jannika without thinking of http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zooey+deschanel&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0kMuUaezJtCV0QXopoHwCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=850Zooey Deschanel . She could easily be her biological sister.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right...just been onto their website and looked at dates/availability.

Unfortunately, costs are coming up at £170 per night. If it was just one night, then I might have booked it (it IS for a special occasion), but seeing as I've already paid for G! (which, in fairness wasnt quite as expensive), its a bit too much money for one weekend I'm afraid.

Never mind...there's always another time :)

e2a: Sorry...was a bit of a muppet....that was quoting a 2 night minum stay...have gone back in and its £90 for one night....which isnt too bad, but on top of G! (plus money I know I'm going to spend shopping at Gun Wharf), it will have to be another time..
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What caused the fallout? Wasn't really watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry..am waffling tonight :o

Sea La Vie doesnt look that very far from G! so I might pop my head round the door when I'm down that way....;)
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    What caused the fallout? Wasn't really watching.

You didn't really see to be honest.
    General kind of vibe was that it was after Kristen got her comments back, but possibly a bit of a personality come culture clash as well?

Here's the link for tomorrow and it's Craig who was once on Masterchef.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry..am waffling tonight :o

Sea La Vie doesnt look that very far from G! so I might pop my head round the door when I'm down that way....;)

You've lost me where or what or who is G?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've lost me where or what or who is G?

G! Boutique was featured about 3/4 weeks ago and is based in Southsea too....loved it so much, I've booked a night there in April...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G! Boutique was featured about 3/4 weeks ago and is based in Southsea too....loved it so much, I've booked a night there in April...

Oh I see I can't remember it but I'm sure you'll have a nice time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really beautifully decorated rooms tonight, chic, elegant and sophisticated. Very impressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I see I can't remember it but I'm sure you'll have a nice time.

This is G:

http://www.g-boutiquehotel.co.uk/

I see FIAB is on next week...I thought this week was the last week :confused:

Or maybe they're repeats?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh just seen the brown t shirt the bald headed guy is wearing. It says "forgiven" but can't agree as his man boobs are very apparent in it.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Thanks for tomorrows link, it doesnt look so cosy and welcoming as todays lovely B&B. I thought the ladies were lovely and nice with it too.

The fact they like and are behind Kristen in her single efforts in running a B&B is also to their credit.

Ian is a right pillock, in my opinion and his adoring wife are not as nice as first perceived and am looking forward to the ladies taking him on tomorrow.

I do not care for tomorrows couple, I wouldnt stay there, too sparse and not very well decorated, a bit behind the times and I bet those beds make a racket too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is G:

Thanks for the link it looks stunning apart from the chair hanging from the ceiling, not keen.

Somebody said it finished early March.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooer tomorrow looks interesting....
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    This is G:

Eek. Not sure about G. The decor is a bit footballers' wives, with all that purple and white. Was that the one a few weeks ago, run by the very nice young couple?

Lovely place today. I'd stay there in a heartbeat. The whole thing with the stitched-on mattress protector was a bit weird though. Surely the whole point of having one is that you take it off and wash it every so often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Thanks for tomorrows link, it doesnt look so cosy and welcoming as todays lovely B&B. I thought the ladies were lovely and nice with it too.

I agree Eileen and janicka are lovely even if Eileen does irritate with her overuse of her daughters name.

The fact they like and are behind Kristen in her single efforts in running a B&B is also to their credit.

Don't agree they got on with Kristen from the start and understood her German sensibilities. Of course it is hard work running a B&B on your own but Kirsten does have a know it all attitude and cannot see other people's viewpoints.

Ian is a right pillock, in my opinion and his adoring wife are not as nice as first perceived and am looking forward to the ladies taking him on tomorrow.

I think Ian is ok but one of those irritating people who has to make a joke out of everything. Kirsten didn't do herself any favours by sitting with her back towards Ian and his wife.

I do not care for tomorrows couple, I wouldnt stay there, too sparse and not very well decorated, a bit behind the times and I bet those beds make a racket too.

Have yet to make my mind up on both.
  • Options
    mathsbunnymathsbunny Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Really beautifully decorated rooms tonight, chic, elegant and sophisticated. Very impressed.

Loved it:)

I want mom and Jannika to do my entire house;)
This discussion has been closed.