Options

Bookies think its all over

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ronan 1- 9 on to win. You could get any price on the others. Simon made sure that himself and the judges had to go way over the top with their comments tonight. You cant get better then perfect.

The challengers being Razy and Jai had to have some negativity in their comments to make sure Ronan got it.

Hoping Scotland are voting :D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle was a heavy favourite too I believe.

And favourites in odds don't always win, even hot favourites.
  • Options
    sonofdavidsonofdavid Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Dazzer1971 wrote: »
    Ronan 1- 9 on to win. You could get any price on the others. Simon made sure that himself and the judges had to go way over the top with their comments tonight. You cant get better then perfect.

The challengers being Razy and Jai had to have some negativity in their comments to make sure Ronan got it.

Hoping Scotland are voting :D:D:D

Spot on re the negative comments about Jai and Razy . . . and Ronan wasn't 'perfect'.
    Scotland will vote, but I fear the worst.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm the Queens horse was fav to win the Derby today and didn't the bookies don't always get it right
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds reflect a combination of voting patterns and what the bookies think they can afford to lose.

So if large numbers of the (betting) public back Ronan it does not necessarily mean the telly voting public will feel the same.

I think it's Jai or that boy band myself, Ronan has poor presence. Not nearly cute enough.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops. :D
  • Options
    casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    And Jai wins..... yes delighted.
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking about backing Jai at 19/1, gutted I didn't do it.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I said before that no child singer has won BGT and it wouldn't happen again.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Was thinking about backing Jai at 19/1, gutted I didn't do it.

Pleased I did :D
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    The best odds for Jai were during the voting as the bookies who'd had him as a favourite gave him no chance leading up to the result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get in there. I backed Jai at 10/1 and Razy earlier in the week at 8/1. Great result - You can rely on Scotland to vote.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Hmm the Queens horse was fav to win the Derby today and didn't the bookies don't always get it right

Yeaahh i know i backed that one. Dont think the jockey gave it a great ride in fairness to the horse. A little unlucky in running. Anyway good ole Jai - love it when the bookies get it so badly wrong like tonight. It gives us punters a chance to make a few quid.:D
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazzer1971 wrote: »
    Yeaahh i know i backed that one. Dont think the jockey gave it a great ride in fairness to the horse. A little unlucky in running. Anyway good ole Jai -

love it when the bookies get it so badly wrong like tonight. It gives us punters a chance to make a few quid.:D

Actually it's just the opposite, bookmakers will be very happy that the favourite did not win.