Thank You DigitalSpy for spoiling the result for me

darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i am of course talking about the great big

Breaking News
Jai McDowall wins 'Britain's Got Talent' 2011. Click for more.

banner stuck at the top of my screen i was planning to watch it on Itvplayer but hey who cares now i know the winner

Comments

• TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    It's your own fault for visiting a website which reports on TV shows like this.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an entertainment site. Do you expect DS not to announce the news.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always do this for reality TV finals you should know this by now!

Having said that I don't know why they do it. If you're watching it you already know, if you're watching it later you don't want to know yet, and if you don't watch it at all you don't care.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really shouldn't have came on this forum til you watched it, they always do breaking banners for these type of shows.
  • thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you never come on ds after a result show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well what an idiot you are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Why come on to a Media News site if you dont know the result?

All breaking news is put up in a red banner on here because it is a media news site.

What do you want them to do? Save the banner news till a week next Tuesday to allow people who were out and on holiday time to watch it without the result being known??

As if.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Result is in the public domain - its breaking all over the media now.

If you don't want to know the results of these shows - stay offline/ away from sites like DS and /or Teletext until after you have watched it!
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not even something i can hide with adblock its just stuck there normally if something has a spoiler its hidden and if you want to view it you have the option to but no way of avoiding it tonight
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should DS have waited till you watched .? Maybe we should have downed tools and waited for you OP .:rolleyes:
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao shame
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    if i know the result is available i have to know straight away and then watch it - i also peek at my christmas presents:D
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    God, this always happens after a TV show finale doesn't it? :p
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS always reveals results from the biggest reality entertainment shows on a banner right after they've happened. Wouldn't you know this by now unless this is your first time being on the DS site at this time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    This happened to me on Monday after the 1st live semi final! I didn't need to watch the results show after seeing it! Sometimes you just come and refresh the screen not really remembering that they are going to announce the winner! Also happened to me on my facebook over American Idol this year, two days before we were due to watch it! LOL!
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Result is in the public domain - its breaking all over the media now.

If you don't want to know the results of these shows - stay offline/ away from sites like DS and /or Teletext until after you have watched it!

Thats what I have just done! I stayed off FB and here because I didn't want to see who won until I had caught up (watching on sky+, have to pause cause of kiddies! lol)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Breaking News

banner stuck at the top of my screen i was planning to watch it on Itvplayer but hey who cares now i know the winner

I stuck some tape on the top of my monitor so I wouldn't see that headline. Was about to watch the repeat but now you have gone and ruined it. :mad:

Thanks a lot. :mad: My life is ruined. :cry:
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member

Breaking News

I know the result, so I don't mind coming on the forum. If I didn't know the result, I wouldn't have come on a forum which features Britains Got Talent.

That's because I am not stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP why on earth would you come onto an entertainment sight that have put up the results up straight away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    I know the result, so I don't mind coming on the forum. If I didn't know the result, I wouldn't have come on a forum which features Britains Got Talent.

That's because I am not stupid.

Exactly! I was waiting for the results show to be over so I could fast forward through all the boring bits and get straight to the results. Consequently, I avoided DS until after I had watched the results, not difficult really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    its not even something i can hide with adblock its just stuck there normally if something has a spoiler its hidden and if you want to view it you have the option to but no way of avoiding it tonight

It isnt a spoiler though.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was on the Doctor Who section talking in the forum when that thing appeared on my screen i never went looking for the outcome of the show but there it is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on BBC news as well... if you don't want to know, don't go on the internet!
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    i was on the Doctor Who section talking in the forum when that thing appeared on my screen i never went looking for the outcome of the show but there it is

The fact DS has breaking news for things like this isn't a secret. Plus, if I really wanted to avoid the results, I wouldn't have been somewhere where there was a chance of them being publicised. In other words, I would have used my brain because, again, I am not stupid.

Most of all though, the results haven't been spoiled for you. A spoiler is something which takes place before broadcast or publication. What has happened here is something known as 'not using your head'.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    It's your own fault for visiting a website which reports on TV shows like this.

This.