Options

Sean O'Connor is ruining EastEnders

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
I'm so bored to death with nothing of note really happening from one episode to the next. It's as if he's tried to make the show like The Archers, but it just doesn't work.
I can see millions turning off in their droves if this contines for much longer. I'm finding very little to enjoy, and indeed I just had my back to the telly for most of the episode while I went on the internet. I've just stopped caring about it now.

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't SOC previously accused of turning The Archers into EastEnders? :p
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations

I am enjoying it, was a good episode
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I think we need to give the guy a break. He's just getting started and they need to make many characters likeable first. I think he has some major storylines coming up but we need to be patient.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it too.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It was so boring. I hate Shakil, and I just cringe at all those bedroom scenes. I don't need to know.
  • Options
    Eastenders_Fan4Eastenders_Fan4 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    It's early days and most likely the calm before the storm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I think we need to give the guy a break. He's just getting started and they need to make many characters likeable first. I think he has some major storylines coming up but we need to be patient.

Exactly everything that's happening is setting up further storylines, there was plenty in tonight's episode
  • Options
    Les CorkerLes Corker Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit twee
  • Options
    Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if his first shock story might be Lee's suicide? I have a feeling after tonights episode that is the direction its heading in :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if his first shock story might be Lee's suicide? I have a feeling after tonights episode that is the direction its heading in :eek:

They wouldn't go there
  • Options
    Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Corker wrote: »
    They wouldn't go there

Why not? they had a woman swap her dead baby for an alive one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? they had a woman swap her dead baby for an alive one!

Far too depressing..... How would Mick and Linda be the same again.... It would too draining for Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the 'people switching off in droves' argument comes into play when slating EE, it's very much the opposite with more viewers tuning in.
    0...0 wrote: »
    Wasn't SOC previously accused of turning The Archers into EastEnders? :p

Yes he did, apparently he had too much sensationalism for The Archers, yet he's apparently 'too boring' for EE :D
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

BIB: Completely agree. He hasn't been there for very long at all and has already improved the show no end. Like others have said, once something big happens the audience will care for it a lot more.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have been thinking a suicide exit for a while now, ever since Lee started his downward spiral
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's early days and most likely the calm before the storm

Welcome to the forum :)
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not ruining EastEnders for me. I quite like all these character developments, much better than DTC did for his characters- and it's still early days for him. I look forward to Halloween, Whitney & Lee's wedding, how Lee will exit, Linda's exit, R&R...
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying the slow pace. Nice easy viewing.

Makes a change from all the murders, car crashes and adulterous goings on that we could be watching.
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I'm liking it so I disagree with you, but fair enough.

I noticed tonight was a new writer, or one I haven't seen before. I have to say based on tonight's I hope he doesn't write many. Quite cliched dialogue and I predicted a characters response before they said it about four times. However, I think it's been pretty good lately.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a refreshing change rather than DTC's method of cramming so much in you can barely keep up.

My one concern is the amount of characters with money worries. It may be realistic but why so many? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's terminally dull.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just saw Eastenders tonight and the whole episode was like the film Pleasentville where everyone is acting nice to each other and nothing bad is happening
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was like this in the Summer but it should be firing on all cylinders now.
  • Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg give the guy a break. it will get going soon. I'm personally enjoying it. It's lovely seeing Dot and Patrick onscreen so much as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking it so I disagree with you, but fair enough.

I noticed tonight was a new writer, or one I haven't seen before. I have to say based on tonight's I hope he doesn't write many. Quite cliched dialogue and I predicted a characters response before they said it about four times. However, I think it's been pretty good lately.

Iv noticed a couple of new writers recently
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was like this in the Summer but it should be firing on all cylinders now.

Well to me it is firing on enjoyable character driven cylinders.