• Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Moira is a really sleazy character
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how creepy. Real Hollyoaks shit again.

Quite like him with Leyla actually, it's made him vaguely interesting for the first time in ever.

Yes; Id agree with that
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moira of course will be called a ****, publicly humiliated, but im used to it.
    If she's getting it on with someone with no thought to their girlfriend's feelings, and this person happens to be her son's brother, then she deserves to be shamed to Mars and back.

And so should Pete.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    If she's getting it on with someone with no thought to their girlfriend's feelings, and this person happens to be her son's brother, then she deserves to be shamed to Mars and back.

And so should Pete.

Perhaps she's not aware of his girlfriend. A bit like when she had her fling with Alex, he lied to her about being with Victoria, too. Yet, Moira got called a slag.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale Christmas spoilers! 10 big storylines coming your way in the festive fortnight
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/feature/a815888/emmerdale-christmas-spoilers-10-big-storylines/
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting. :(

Why do you think that? I don't see anything wrong in it myself.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    Emmerdale Christmas spoilers! 10 big storylines coming your way in the festive fortnight
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/feature/a815888/emmerdale-christmas-spoilers-10-big-storylines/

Number 3 will be absolutely heartbreaking :cry:
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Why do you think that? I don't see anything wrong in it myself.
    There might not be a blood relationship there, but for all intents and purposes there may as well be. Moira and Pete have spent around 25 years (at least) as aunt and nephew. Her son is Pete's brother. She slept with his dad! I could just about stomach it as one off, but it's most definitely not a storyline that needed to be brought back.

That said, it's sadly a symptom of the state of Emmerdale's storyline team at the moment. Ross sleeping with Debbie after having a baby with her mum (and then sleeping with Charity again!). Oh, and Jasmine sleeping with Debbie and Cain years ago. Then there's the obsession with working your way through siblings (Leyla/Jai/Nikhil, Debbie/Ross/Pete, Robert/Chrissie/Rebecca, Chrissie/Robert/Andy, Jimmy/Nicola/Bernice, Moira/John/James, David/Alicia/Leyla to name but a few).

I know it's a small village, but Emmerdale is stepping perilously close to incest territory now. This sort of thing doesn't happen in real life, does it? :(
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There might not be a blood relationship there, but for all intents and purposes there may as well be. Moira and Pete have spent around 25 years (at least) as aunt and nephew. Her son is Pete's brother. She slept with his dad! I could just about stomach it as one off, but it's most definitely not a storyline that needed to be brought back.

That said, it's sadly a symptom of the state of Emmerdale's storyline team at the moment. Ross sleeping with Debbie after having a baby with her mum (and then sleeping with Charity again!). Oh, and Jasmine sleeping with Debbie and Cain years ago. Then there's the obsession with working your way through siblings (Leyla/Jai/Nikhil, Debbie/Ross/Pete, Robert/Chrissie/Rebecca, Chrissie/Robert/Andy, Jimmy/Nicola/Bernice, Moira/John/James, David/Alicia/Leyla to name but a few).

I know it's a small village, but Emmerdale is stepping perilously close to incest territory now. This sort of thing doesn't happen in real life, does it? :(
    It does, but then it features on Jeremy Kyle :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she's not aware of his girlfriend. A bit like when she had her fling with Alex, he lied to her about being with Victoria, too. Yet, Moira got called a slag.

Just because have been unfair to her in the past, it doesn't t make her immune to criticism for her current behaviour. He should equally be criticised. It's s horrible! To me there's s kind of an implied duty of care between an aunt/ uncle and niece or nephew, when there's s a generation between them. You might not have to act on it but to some extent it's s there and you would feel a bit protectivee.g if anything had happened to James it might well have been Moira and John who raised the boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just because have been unfair to her in the past, it doesn't t make her immune to criticism for her current behaviour. Let's should equally be criticised. It's s horrible!

Is she even aware that Pete is in fact dating Leyla? If she's not aware, and Pete keeps it to himself, then in no way will it be Moira's fault, if she gets with Pete, and he cheats on Leyla. But Moira no doubt will be called a dlag anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she even aware that Pete is in fact dating Leyla? If she's not aware, and Pete keeps it to himself, then in no way will it be Moira's fault, if she gets with Pete, and he cheats on Leyla. But Moira no doubt will be called a dlag anyway.

I' m not talking about whether or not she knows about Leyla- that's much more Pete's s responsibility's I' m talking about her having a relationship with her nephew. She knows Pete's her nephew, someone she probably babysat and felt protective towards. Someone indeed who she might have had to raise if circumstances had been different. He's almost as bad, cheating on his girlfriend with his aunt. What would either of them think about Adam and Emma having an affair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I' m not talking about whether or not she knows about Leylan- that's much more Pete's s responsibility's I' m talking about her having a relationship with her nephew.

He's not her nephew. No blood relation at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not her nephew. No blood relation at all.

Of course he is. She was married to his Uncle and he's s known her from a baby as his aunt.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know how I feel about it to be honest.
    There is an implied closeness between them, being that Pete grew up with her as his Aunt. From what I gather however, the two Barton families were not close and were estranged from the other.
    And with Pete being the pseudo-parent of Ross and Finn by getting rid of Emma, he no doubt has some mummy issues. Hence his attraction to Moira.

The question really is why is the kiss happening in the first place?
    I can accept it if there's a valid reason. But most likely not. And just a sensational plotline made to shock audiences a second time.
  • Options
    BootsNo7BootsNo7 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    And that just shows the paucity of the current plots - let's stick in a stolen kiss here or there and that will make an episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I don't really know how I feel about it to be honest.
    There is an implied closeness between them, being that Pete grew up with her as his Aunt. From what I gather however, the two Barton families were not close and were estranged from the other.
    And with Pete being the pseudo-parent of Ross and Finn by getting rid of Emma, he no doubt has some mummy issues. Hence his attraction to Moira.

The question really is why is the kiss happening in the first place?
    I can accept it if there's a valid reason. But most likely not. And just a sensational plotline made to shock audiences a second time.

It's a sensational plotline I suspect. Nothing more, nothing less >:(Brookside would have treated it as a serious story and looked at the fallout for the family. Emmerdale will use it as an excuse to have Emma gun for Moira.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sensational plotline I suspect. Nothing more, nothing less >:(Brookside would have treated it as a serious story and looked at the fallout for the family. Emmerdale will use it as an excuse to have Emma gun for Moira.

Unfortunately, I suspect that is exactly how it will play out.
    :(
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This storyline was weird enough the first time around, why are they revisiting it? Ugh... I could understand Moira going off the rails and getting it on with some random bloke, but her nephew?! Gross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    This storyline was weird enough the first time around, why are they revisiting it? Ugh... I could understand Moira going off the rails and getting it on with some random bloke, but her nephew?! Gross.

What about Pete as well? Cheating on Leyla with his auntie! I' m picturing my family's s faces if I told them my new man was my aunt's husband :o Although to be fair, they are still married ....:D

Heck I' m tempted to drop that bombshell at the Christmas dinner now, just to see their reactions:D
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well - at least now we know why the show suddenly stuck Leyla & Pete together in a "mostly off-screen" relationship.

Gotta have somebody getting their feelings hurt when this kiss between Pete & his aunty happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well - at least now we know why the show suddenly stuck Leyla & Pete together in a "mostly off-screen" relationship.

Gotta have somebody getting their feelings hurt when this kiss between Pete & his aunty happens.

So cynical sheepie.;-)

Have to agree, though I quite like the pairing. I'm waiting for some actual development for then. I don't think this is it.
  • Options
    al_capoal_capo Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    So cynical sheepie.;-)

Have to agree, though I quite like the pairing. I'm waiting for some actual development for then. I don't think this is it.

I find it hard to keep interest in Pete, he's grown on me a bit but he is boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well there has to be someone to have a village centre showdown with Moira over ' their' man, whilst forgetting that he' s the one that did the cheating:D You know how much girls love a catfight over a man ;-);-) She says with tongue so firmly in cheek it's s breaking through the skin!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Pete as well? Cheating on Leyla with his auntie! I' m picturing my family's s faces if I told them my new man was my aunt's husband :o Although to be fair, they are still married ....:D

Heck I' m tempted to drop that bombshell at the Christmas dinner now, just to see their reactions:D
    Oh I'm not excusing Pete at all! It's just that when this happened last time, I could kinda sorta understand him having an inappropriate crush on his attractive, caring auntie. It's Moira's response to his advances that was :o to me. I think most people would be pretty horrified if their nephew started coming on them one day, blood relation or not. I just found it hard to believe that she would ever have even considered going there. That was pretty bizarre. It's like the writers are determined to have her work her way through the entire Barton family and it's just weird at this point. Sometimes I wonder what poor old John would make of it all. :p

Anyway, Adam is the one I feel most sorry for. Imagine finding out your mother and your brother got 'passionate'. Real Jeremy Kyle material. :D