Options

Karen Gillan In A Touch Of Cloth

Comments

• Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Excellent! A Charlie Brooker thing? His Zombie drama was superb. I don't have Sky though :(
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please let there be a sex scene, please let there be a sex scene.

Sorry, but can you blame me?:o

Aside from that, should be good, like Charlie Brooker, Black Mirror was excellent.

Also, is this really Dr Who related? Just cos she's in Who, should it really be in a Who thread? Anyway, glad you've done this thread despite this, otherwise I wouldnt know about this.:) Charlie Brooker's good and you can just tell Karen's going to go far, she's very talented (though you can probably that's not the ONLY reason I want to see her in other, more adult drama's:D Sorry, again...)

Hang on. Oh DAMN! IT'S ON SKY! I DONT GET SKY!!!:mad:

Aaah, HATE Sky, and how they get EVERYTHING. First they snatch up Lost, the Alan Partridge, now THIS! They'd better leave Dr Who alone:mad:
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Actually this is the third thing Karen's been in with Suranne Jones. The others being Harley Street and Doctor Who (no, never heard of it either).

I'm sure she'll get a sex scene, possibly.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aside from that, should be good, like Charlie Brooker, Black Mirror was excellent.

Also, is this really Dr Who related? Just cos she's in Who, should it really be in a Who thread? Anyway, glad you've done this thread despite this, otherwise I wouldnt know about this.:) Charlie Brooker's good and you can just tell Karen's going to go far, she's very talented (though you can probably that's not the ONLY reason I want to see her in other, more adult drama's:D Sorry, again...)

Hang on. Oh DAMN! IT'S ON SKY! I DONT GET SKY!!!:mad:

Aaah, HATE Sky, and how they get EVERYTHING. First they snatch up Lost, the Alan Partridge, now THIS! They'd better leave Dr Who alone:mad:

I know! There was a thing with David Tennant a few weeks back on bl**dy Sky! So annoying, as it looked good. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was The Minor Character I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know! There was a thing with David Tennant a few weeks back on bl**dy Sky! So annoying, as it looked good. :mad:

It is annoying. I'm used to disliking sky for a number of reasons, including that they were mere regurgitators of other Channels' successes. Now they're making original content, some of which is good, it's muddying the water. (petrichoring the water if Sebbie's reading).

The head of sky was interviewed on radio four a few months ago regarding their budget for original content and he squirmed and squirmed. because it is tiny. I should add that it was a balanced piece giving him plenty of space to make unchallenged positive comments about sky.

however, credit where It's due - they've made a start. I think it's no accident that they've started to produce some good Arts programmes. They're trying to show that we don't need BBC Four or BBC Two because the private sector can provide it. However, it's more complicated than that.
  • Options
    ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Charlie Brooker, a fan-boy love.. But the clips I've seen from A Touch of Cloth look ruddy terrible. Truly dire. I understand he's co-written a lot of it.

Here's an example, please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, please!

http://sky1.sky.com/a-touch-of-cloth/a-touch-of-cloth-clip-hoody-chase
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Been reading Karen's twitter, she's a bit of a Spice Girls fan.

Then again, Amy is the Ultimate Ginger Spice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Charlie Brooker, a fan-boy love.. But the clips I've seen from A Touch of Cloth look ruddy terrible. Truly dire. I understand he's co-written a lot of it.

Here's an example, please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, please!

http://sky1.sky.com/a-touch-of-cloth/a-touch-of-cloth-clip-hoody-chase

It looks hilarious IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    however, credit where It's due - they've made a start. I think it's no accident that they've started to produce some good Arts programmes. They're trying to show that we don't need BBC Four or BBC Two because the private sector can provide it. However, it's more complicated than that.

But I LIKE BBC 2 & 4!:mad: Way better than Sky, for one thing we dont have to siffer through bloody adverts every 5 mins!:mad::mad:

Imagine if they ever got Dr Who...:eek::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But I LIKE BBC 2 & 4!:mad: Way better than Sky, for one thing we dont have to siffer through bloody adverts every 5 mins!:mad::mad:

Imagine if they ever got Dr Who...:eek::(

So do I. I don't think their documentary and culture stuff is anywhere near the breadth or depth of BBC four and two. But they are trying to make a case that they can do it just as well if not better. I don't think they can. but on the other hand, it would be churlish to complain when they try.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I. I don't think their documentary and culture stuff is anywhere near the breadth or depth of BBC four and two. But they are trying to make a case that they can do it just as well if not better. I don't think they can. but on the other hand, it would be churlish to complain when they try.

You say that as if being churlish is a bad thing. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You say that as if being churlish is a bad thing. :confused:

Ah! Now I understand the Eccleston posts. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! Now I understand the Eccleston posts. ;)

I'm making a bid for the vacant tingramretro chair. :D

(Seems I've got lach on side already. ;))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see it :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. the Alan Partridge, now THIS! They'd better leave Dr Who alone:mad:

For the record, Sky actually commissioned new Alan Partridge and have also comissioned A Touch of Cloth. So they haven't "snatched" either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the record, Sky actually commissioned new Alan Partridge and have also comissioned A Touch of Cloth. So they haven't "snatched" either.

Maybe, but it's still bloody annoying :mad:, especially the Alan Partridge thing which was on the BBC first time round and was GREAT! Loving the repeats on Dave
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it's the first thing I think of everytime she gets a role. Someone somewhere has to have the sense to make this happen or I will lose faith in humanity.

But before she's old and grey please.