Options

Karen Gillan

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    No-one could deny that she's pretty, but what a shame she's not a strong enough actress to carry the part she's playing, especially when on screen with Matt, Alex, and Arthur, all of whom really can act well.
    If she didn't compensate for that to some extent by being very attractive, she would have been taken to pieces on here by now.
    Just my opinion of course........
    :)

You know what they say about opinions...
    Well, mine is that Karen is the best of the lot right now. I really don't like Matt, Alex or Arthur and, if it wasn't for Karen, I probably would stop watching the show until the other three got replaced.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't matter - people would rant about how she's just a dollybird, only being hired for her looks, etc. I'm pretty sure Bille Piper got that kind of abuse. .

The irony being that she isn't remotely attractive.

I'm glad they went back to casting sexy with Karen Gillan. I thought her acting was good series 5, not so good the last one but her then her role in recent stories has been limited and she seems a little bored / uninspired. The TADIS is gettign crowded and when that happens each companion gets little to do. Same amount of lines to be said, more mouths to put them into. Amy is just 'there' now and her only meaningful role this season has been to produce a plot device - I mean, a baby.

She could even be reduced to simply grieving widow come series end - what a sad ending for what started as a great character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    No-one could deny that she's pretty, but what a shame she's not a strong enough actress to carry the part she's playing, especially when on screen with Matt, Alex, and Arthur, all of whom really can act well.
    If she didn't compensate for that to some extent by being very attractive, she would have been taken to pieces on here by now.
    Just my opinion of course........
    :)

and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I loved Matt and Karen from the beginning and there is a certain fire she brings to Amy that is far more than just her looks.

Of the four my opinion of Arthur has changed the most since they joined the show. Arthur I did not like at all at first, but since then he has become my favorite on the show. Not only his ability for self-deprecating humor, but in certain episodes (old, angry Rory from The Doctor's Wife comes to mind) he has shown much more range than I initially thought he had.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen, Matt and Alex are all very nice, and can act well, and some of them are quite pretty, but imo there is not enough ARTHUR love on this thread.

So I will remedy that now. ARTHUR is amazing. I love Rory. :)
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen, Matt and Alex are all very nice, and can act well, and some of them are quite pretty, but imo there is not enough ARTHUR love on this thread.

So I will remedy that now. ARTHUR is amazing. I love Rory. :)

Arthur is amazing, but he can get his own thread and be amazing in it. This is Karen's thread and she's being amazing here! :p
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arthur is amazing, but he can get his own thread and be amazing in it. This is Karen's thread and she's being amazing here! :p

Well, at least you concede that Arthur is amazing. :D;)
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I'm in love with Karen Gillan :p.
  • Options
    purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    When did Freema look at the camera? :p
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    When did Freema look at the camera? :p

When she was told to by the director. Bit of a cheesy thing in the sontaran story. To be fair it was a Doctor POV shot but it was not good.