The Saturdays - Disco Love (single #16)

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the Saturdays total worldwide album sales?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were touring America next year?:confused:

they're supposed to be but who knows.

And album sales are awful. They've sold about 730K over four albums. :o

Chasing Lights - 350K
    Wordshaker - 90K
    Headlines - 230K
    On Your Radar - 60K
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are more successful with their singles, though, aren't they? This is probably why they are still together.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the video this afternoon after Vanessa tweeted it. Really like the video! :)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Frankie has left then I think they will continue as a four, it wouldn't the same but I think it would work, Una, Vanessa and Rochelle are strong singers and Mollie has improved so much since they debuted, she can definitely sing well now, like someone else said I think Frankie is the face of the group, the most recognisable member, if she left then I think a chunk of fans would go with her which would leave the others kind of lost.

But I stand by what I said earlier, I think she has either already quit or is planning on quitting once she gives birth. She's stronger than people make her out to be, to get over depression is hard, I've been there myself and it's anything but easy, I think strong friends, a loving fiance and a new baby has bought her back to life so to speak, her priorities may have changed.

Anyways, back to single predictions, I reckon with good promo this could get top 10 like maybe between 5-10, if radio really get behind it then it could go top 3, I think it's a strong song it just needs to grow on you, much like I found with What About Us I started off feeling meh over it but now I love it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    If Frankie has left then the band will probably split. They've said before that if one person left it wouldn't be the same.

They can easily take a break after this album, do a Greatest Hits next year and then go on another break.

That would be a shame :( Has it been confirmed that Frankie has actually left or is it just a rumour on here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be a shame :( Has it been confirmed that Frankie has actually left or is it just a rumour on here?

A silly rumour that has no substance to it at all. Just because she's pregnant and doesn't have vocals for one single suddenly she's left the band. :rolleyes:

She's said on Twitter and in interviews she'll be back with The Saturdays ASAP (after the birth).
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're thinking too much into it. I think she does not have a solo line in the song as they know she won't be promoting it as she's on maternity leave. I imagine she will be given some lines in future performances once she is back off maternity leave.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah it's just a scenario some of us have been discussing, something that MIGHT happen, but hasn't actually happened as far as we know.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Nah it's just a scenario some of us have been discussing, something that MIGHT happen, but hasn't actually happened as far as we know.

I doubt it would happen as Rochelle and Una didn't leave the group when they had their babies.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1999 Vanessa looks like Dolly from Tracy Beaker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what the big fuss is all about. The Saturdays team obviously don't think pregnancy is a great look for a music video - just look at the 30 Days video which was shot when Una was pregnant. She got about 3 seconds screen time and again every effort taken to conceal her bump!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I don't get what the big fuss is all about. The Saturdays team obviously don't think pregnancy is a great look for a music video - just look at the 30 Days video which was shot when Una was pregnant. She got about 3 seconds screen time and again every effort taken to conceal her bump!
    Not true. Una even points to her bump when a guy flirts with her in the video. She said that she didn't want it to feature heavily as she's not going to be pregnant forever whereas the video lives on as part of the band's history. It's their personal choice.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »

It occurs to me that the pregnancies of some Saturdays' members would have been good moments to bump old Saturdays threads!:D
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    they're supposed to be but who knows.

And album sales are awful. They've sold about 730K over four albums. :o

Chasing Lights - 350K
    Wordshaker - 90K
    Headlines - 230K
    On Your Radar - 60K

Wow that is shocking. It's amazing the label hasn't dropped them - they can't be making that much of a profit just from fairly strong singles sales can they?

Disco Love is one of their weakest singles so far. It feels like they've just given up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    They've actually sold over 735k in the UK. They have also sold good numbers in countries such as Spain and Singapore, too. Since Headlines was only half an album, they average at over 210k across 3.5 albums. Only 16 albums have sold that much this year. Their album sales are acceptable in such a declining market and The Saturdays brand itself is worth millions. Heat estimated their worth as £2.6m.