Options

Haim are boring.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them. They write nice pop songs influenced by older sounds of the 80's and 90's. Not sure why they are referred to as indie, they don't really do the type of music that I generally associate with that word, which is more rock driven. They are a pretty mainstream melodic pop group.
  • Options
    crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I think they are quite good and have bought tickets to their tour next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I like them. They write nice pop songs influenced by older sounds of the 80's and 90's. Not sure why they are referred to as indie, they don't really do the type of music that I generally associate with that word, which is more rock driven. They are a pretty mainstream melodic pop group.
    True, there's one or two songs that veer towards indie/rock but it's essentially pop, in the same way other bands like Chairlift have made (also 80's influenced) pop music.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    I've not heard a great deal by them, but what I have heard appears to be middle-of-the-road, Radio 2-friendly stuff, so I'm not sure why Radio 1 and the NME appear to love them so. They were the Sound of 2013 winners too, weren't they? Think I prefer the 2014 winners myself.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haim released some cracking singles, so I liked them. Their album is poor, apart from the singles, so now I don't so much. :D
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the song have any link to the TV show? I'm guessing not!

I just found it delightfully ironic. Couldn't resist.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    afcbfan wrote: »
    I've not heard a great deal by them, but what I have heard appears to be middle-of-the-road, Radio 2-friendly stuff, so I'm not sure why Radio 1 and the NME appear to love them so. They were the Sound of 2013 winners too, weren't they? Think I prefer the 2014 winners myself.

I believe it's what's known as Hype.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree they're rubbish. Don't like any of their songs and find them bland and dull.
  • Options
    TellyGrannyTellyGranny Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I quite like them :o
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    They look and sound like a big bad from Buffy

I can just imagine her going up against HAIM, a mystical coven of sorcerers.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »

This!:)