Options

Complain to BBC about the advert at the end, also complain to Points Of View

talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So we have a DOG come up telling us that in somewhere over rainbow was about to start, BBC have stopped to an all time low. From now on I will wait until Dr Who is on Iplayer. I get to listen to the theme without the voice over as well.

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was really damn annoying. I get the feeling it'll be there every week.

Idiots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Totally agree. Right at the most tense time as well. Absolutely disgusted with the way they shove that down our throat when watching other programmes.

I won't watch OTR now because of this..
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad i watched BBC HD instead now :D
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It ruined some of the tension the episode was building up!:mad: It's the same when they shrink the credits, rather than let the theme music play.

Disgraceful BBC One!:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying as hell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really are some idiots employed at the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHy do they need to tell us what is coming up in next few mins anyway, even the most IQ challenged can work out what is coming on next.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be complaining.

The BBC is supposed to be above that sort of commercial dog shit.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

To be fair, whenever bbc have tried anything like this, they've been pretty quick to respond with a 'won't happen again' apology. Let them know how you feel!

Appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fuss about it on Twitter - I hope someone has a link for us all to complain

Its about time we got rid of this ****ing about with onscreen graphics.
  • Options
    Zippy289Zippy289 Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. It was absolutely idiotic. And what was the point?: about a minute later there was an announcement saying OTR was on next, over the end credits! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I've seen these things popping up on other channels but I really didn't think they would appear on BBC as it's not a commercial channel and ratings are not supposed to be as important to them!

Really really dumb, an incredibly tense moment in the episode, building up to the cliffhanger and then up pops a cartoon Graham Norton.

Pathetic BBC, hang your heads in shame.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have a DOG come up telling us that in somewhere over rainbow was about to start, BBC have stopped to an all time low. From now on I will wait until Dr Who is on Iplayer. I get to listen to the theme without the voice over as well.

ill hold you to that
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taking this wasn't shown on BBC HD because I didn't see it...:o
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything worse than putting an in-programme promotion at the most dramatic moment in a programme?

I'm not even sure what happened next I was so distracted by it.

As I have said before, the BBC is a nice idea but the people running it are just not worthy. Jay Hunt is the BBC1 controller, is she a retard or out of her depth??

There are not many commercial channels in the UK that display an in-programme promo in the closing seconds of a programme, those that do are at the low-end.
  • Options
    paul15paul15 Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Really great episode, spoilt by the silly picture off Graham Norton. Does the Beeb really think we are are so stupid to know what is coming up next?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill hold you to that

well if BBC promise they wont then well we see.

However i cancelled my Sky Movies subscription becuase I was fed up with decent moving and emotional endings being ruined with a voice blaring out what was coming on next and in next few days, before the first note of the end credits started, something i didn't want on a paid channel, so you can hold me to my word!
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm taking this wasn't shown on BBC HD because I didn't see it...:o

It didn't annoy me much, I am quite good at blocking things like that out but if it wasn't shown on BBC HD that is going on my list for getting HD!

I have almost convinced the family we need it. NO silly overlays might swing it for me. :D
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even as a mostly "pro-Beeb"er, my flabber was never so ghasted. Stupid stupid stupid!

:mad:

K

edit: I've registered my disgust at the complaints page.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any good bbc contacts on twitter who might be watching for reaction tonight? Can't find Moffat....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just complained. and asked for reply too.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    You can also register a complaint on 03700 100222.

I already have!
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    I hate it at all times on other channels but it seems even worse when the BBC do it because my licence fee money went on it :(

And it's much much worse when it happens in Doctor Who

In an age where TV guides are so ubiquitous and no-set top box comes without them (And 99% of all TVs are now linked up to some form of them) they're completely unnecessary too, particularly when the programmes are trailed heavily before and after each programme and especially when I imagine there is very little cross over viewership between Dr Who and Graham Norton's latest piece of crap reality show.
  • Options
    paul15paul15 Posts: 192
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just search the web for BBC complaints. It'll take you about 30 seconds to fill out the form.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/
    Don't forget to be polite so that your complaint isn't dismissed out of hand and request that they reply back to you.

If enough people complain about the viewers being treated as morons who don't know which channel they are watching and what may be on next then perhaps this nonsense will stop.