Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    I'm not...sometimes its just hard to read your comments without saying something shady and ironic :) Zack is totally delusional in last few days....:D

Why would they need some organized mega event just to announce that she has us record deal......who does that?:)
    People already think she has us deal.........she just needs to sign it with some label and stop teasing you ! last 3 years she's saying the same stuff about her US plans and you still get excited :) dont believe her...

Again I have to ask why the f*** you are even in this appreciation thread if you want to cuss off her fans?! Oh wait.....

I think you need to get over yourself tbh. I don't really care if you or anyone else thinks I'm delusional, AB is IT for me and I will still support her even if she goes back to singing in bars and clubs...which I don't think she will. LIG does not look good, but what else could she have done when certain individuals have been doing everything to bring her down?

I'll believe what I want to believe, and I believe she does have her US deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw this thread is mad crazy imo. One minute everyone is so happy and excited and the next it's like the end of the world is coming...:D
  • Options
    CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Again I have to ask why the f*** you are even in this appreciation thread if you want to cuss off her fans?! Oh wait.....

I think you need to get over yourself tbh. I don't really care if you or anyone else thinks I'm delusional, AB is IT for me and I will still support her even if she goes back to singing in bars and clubs...which I don't think she will. LIG does not look good, but what else could she have done when certain individuals have been doing everything to bring her down?

'Delusional in last few days' I sad....you were not delusional before :)!calm down.......I also believe in her US deal (new one and old one) , I just dont believe in her material :)
    All my predictions about her career in last few years were correct :cool:
  • Options
    lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Woo new part! Let's hope it brings us joy and great chart sucess with LIG :p:D

I have been jamming to it SO much, it's officially one of my top tracks of hers now!

Good on you Zack yr a good fan and i do not think yr delusional yr comments are always positive and give us fans faith in alexandra to do well keep posting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    'Delusional in last few days' I sad....you were not delusional before :)!calm down.......I also believe in her US deal (new one and old one) , I just dont believe in her material :)
    All my predictions about her career in last few years were correct :cool:

I think you need to change how you phrase things because I don't know whether you are shading or being genuine some times....and I don't know when I've been 'delusional' in the last few days.

I believe in her material, but it's the management/promo I don't believe in. If I ever see a certain 99p weave in real life, seriously it will be snatched point blank.

It's the UK I'm concerned about.....not long now until we see how things go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on you Zack yr a good fan and i do not think yr delusional yr comments are always positive and give us fans faith in alexandra to do well keep posting

• Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to convince Alex to organise a meal for fans ASAP and not to wait until her bday... I said it's probaly best to get a together with close fans, not just tweam and discuss what they think is going wrong so ye hopefully she listens cos she usually does tbh. I love her but I really need 2 tell her my opinion properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    P.S Cheryl slayed me on The Voice... Alex needed a performance like that tbh.
    Cheryl knows she aint a good vocalist but she can perform the hell outta her songs... She's like old Britney but UK version.
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overcome was handled brilliantly compared to HOH. She had a distinctive look (the bob), she had great outfits, better performance platforms, expensive videos, top producers and writers. Now she been reduced to CBBC channel. I just hate seeing one of my faves flopping and I now can't do anything about it. :(
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    P.S Cheryl slayed me on The Voice... Alex needed a performance like that tbh.
    Cheryl knows she aint a good vocalist but she can perform the hell outta her songs... She's like old Britney but UK version.

:eek:

For me to be slayed she would have had to sing live, sorry not here for Cheryl's performance....but I guess that's my opinion. :)

But she looked great and that entrance, wow. :)
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to convince Alex to organise a meal for fans ASAP and not to wait until her bday... I said it's probaly best to get a together with close fans, not just tweam and discuss what they think is going wrong so ye hopefully she listens cos she usually does tbh. I love her but I really need 2 tell her my opinion properly.

If she does, let us all know and u get to go. And I'll put a paragraph to give to her. And it will be honest and raw. I need her to hear this. Her mum and sis need to be there too. They need to hear it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »

For me it to be slayed she would have had sing live, sorry not here for Cheryl's performance....but I guess that's my opinion. :)

Oh she just performed....LMAO I've been out hahaha! I was like....I'm sure it....oh wait...it was on sunday...oh shit....I'm a mess exams and all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    Overcome was handled brilliantly compared to HOH. She had a distinctive look (the bob), she had great outfits, better performance platforms, expensive videos, top producers and writers. Now she been reduced to CBBC channel. I just hate seeing one of my faves flopping and I now can't do anything about it. :(

And it's not down to the material either... Material is fine.

Let's discuss the beginning of the era first

Elephant
    1) Her label/another radio station managed to completely f*ck up the premier for Elephant.
    2. The video was a disaster.
    3. Her image cheapened IMO from Overcome to Elephant... The gold dress in Elephant was fierce but the other clothes look like something TopShop bitches would wear.
    4. Boycotted by Radio (IMO due to the premier schedule)
    5. 1 BIGish performance, it weren't as big as say X Factor, BGT, The Voice though but it was a good performance and had a good stage. Promo performances for Elephant were quite good tbh.

Ok on to LIG

Let It Go
    1) Premier was handled badly again even though Kiss have fully supported her but still... Capital weren't going to get onboard for sure if they didn't get premier.
    2) Video weren't the best AGAIN.. nothing new, pretty cheap, wearing similar outfits to Elephant.
    3) Promo has been AWFUL... CBBC and Lorraine.
    4) Radio boycotted it again.

On to HOH

Heartbreak On Hold

1) Material is good, I love the majority of the album except for like 1 song but I do think she's left it to late to release a dance/electro album, maybe if it was released last year then it would have smashed.
    2) Cover is hot tbh.
    3) Outfits for the whole era though are cheap looking so far..

Styling

1) As someone else said the BOB was distinctive and made her stand out, her weave now is like any other black woman in the industry tbh....
    2) Her clothes have deffo cheapened, bra and leggings... ALL THE GOD DAM TIME.
    3) Make-up is good though, lbr.

Ok, feel free to discuss any points I made... whether you agree/disagree.

Never gone into this much detail in 1 post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you guys talking about Tweedy Dum this is an AB AT remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    If she does, let us all know and u get to go. And I'll put a paragraph to give to her. And it will be honest and raw. I need her to hear this. Her mum and sis need to be there too. They need to hear it too.

If she does... I'll try her to invite some DS members aswell.
    but I will create a scrap book with all messages from y'all.

I will quote each and every one of you in the book with DS names and twitter names and put your message into a book and I'll hand it her.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For me to be slayed she would have had to sing live, sorry not here for Cheryl's performance....but I guess that's my opinion. :)

The performance was actually good, but once again she can't be bothered to sing live. Alex performs on that level+ with actual real live vocals. But I guess a good voice is just not a requirement any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she does... I'll try her to invite some DS members aswell.
    but I will create a scrap book with all messages from y'all.

I will quote each and every one of you in the book with DS names and twitter names and put your message into a book and I'll hand it her.

:)

Lol...it's a great idea, but I just don't know how much of it she can actually implement at this stage. She needs a massive change in fortunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Elephant
    1) Her label/another radio station managed to completely f*ck up the premier for Elephant.
    3. Her image cheapened IMO from Overcome to Elephant... The gold dress in Elephant was fierce but the other clothes look like something TopShop bitches would wear.
    5. 1 BIGish performance, it weren't as big as say X Factor, BGT, The Voice though but it was a good performance and had a good stage. Promo performances for Elephant were quite good tbh.

Ok on to LIG

Let It Go
    1) Premier was handled badly again even though Kiss have fully supported her but still... Capital weren't going to get onboard for sure if they didn't get premier.
    2) Video weren't the best AGAIN.. nothing new, pretty cheap, wearing similar outfits to Elephant.

On to HOH

Heartbreak On Hold

1) Material is good, I love the majority of the album except for like 1 song but I do think she's left it to late to release a dance/electro album, maybe if it was released last year then it would have smashed.
    2) Cover is hot tbh.

Styling

1) As someone else said the BOB was distinctive and made her stand out, her weave now is like any other black woman in the industry tbh....

The singles released so far are weak compared to the album. Fire should have been the lead not Elephant to be honest I can't stand Elephant anymore. Let It Go is a good song but does feel a filler track compared to the material on HOH.

The weave is a damn mess and what that the roll up thing she has in her hair:confused: Let not even start on the outfits...

I knew RCA was a shit label but did not know they were that shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Elephant

Ok on to LIG

Let It Go

On to HOH

Heartbreak On Hold

2) Cover is hot tbh.

Styling

Nothing more to say. Perfect. She needs outfits and the choreo needs to be better. I dare say, but Cheryl just had the best performance ever from her, and it was just slightly better than BB on XF. I cannot believe I've just seen Chezza beat Alex performing. Alex comes harder, far harder, but Cheryl's live choreo does not fail. Something Alex needs to get on. She needs to get a dancer to learn it (a female) and be her. Beyonce does that and decides what's wrong. I cannot believe Alex doesn't do that. Hell I wouldn't let LIG out the door like that. STEP THE **** UP. It's annoying me. Could she do LIG like that at the Grammys? Hell NO. Every show you do is the Grammys. Treat it as such, and treat the quality of the material as Thriller. Every song must be brilliant and come hard. No *meh* tracks (I'll admit for me Tonight is the meh one - i'm not a fan of that sort of europop). Thriller is the benchmark of uptempos that don't age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The singles released so far are weak compared to the album. Fire should have been the lead not Elephant to be honest I can't stand Elephant anymore. Let It Go is a good song but does feel a filler track compared to the material on HOH.

The weave is a damn mess and what that the roll up thing she has in her hair:confused: Let not even start on the outfits...

I like Elephant compared to LIG, and it performed quite well in both Uk and Ireland.

But yes, I do think she had better songs off HOH also, I think Elephant should have been 2nd/3rd single and LIG not a single at all.

To late now though so we'll have to make out the best of the situation we have!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I beg to differ! I think that weave is actually quite nice...really flattering. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The performance was actually good, but once again she can't be bothered to sing live. Alex performs on that level+ with actual real live vocals. But I guess a good voice is just not a requirement any more.

Alex needs that choreo for every song on HOH when required. Not tap tap hand shimmy :p The choreo has to be good to carry off and promote the song. Gaga on tour musically isn't all that (and i'm a stan) but she keeps you hooked because of the spectacle. Look at Bey with revel just now. She's just had a damn child. And it was flawless. No excuses now, her team need to be fired. FIRED. Alex needs to be musically involved, like ANL and SWY at GAY and her outdoor gigs sound awful. I can't believe she's letting this happen. A sista can't recognise a bad tune?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think singles should have been:

1.Fire
    2.Elephant
    3.Oh La La...

They are all memorable songs, while LIG does seem passable, even though I really enjoy it. I just think that there are definitely stronger singles on the album. But it's too late now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Between the sheets as the next single please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I beg to differ! I think that weave is actually quite nice...really flattering. :)

I like it too. I just wish it was shorter at the bottom so it didn't look so fake. Just a bit lower than her shoulders.
This discussion has been closed.