Options

He's baaack...James Arthur being delightful again

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet it seems just like the sort of fan JA would attract.
    What will it take for Syco to drop this horrible little man? Having someone so nasty on their label is making them look terrible.

As long as they're making money they'll keep him on the books. That's all they're really interested in at the end of the day.
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Yet it seems just like the sort of fan JA would attract.

What will it take for Syco to drop this horrible little man? Having someone so nasty on their label is making them look terrible.
    I think they might be quite nervous of dropping him to be honest ..i dont think he will be to worried about saying what he thinks about the whole x factor machine.:p..syco usual trick is to put an artist on the back burner for some time,i would not be surprised if this happened.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    annushka wrote: »
    IF what she said is true (no idea):
    "Teddy Edwardes ‏@TeddyEdwardes: @sking1968 I never lost my phone and that photo was never online, It was for the guy I was seeing at the time #boreoff"
    So if I rightly understand, it's an ex-boyfriend... as in she might have been in a relationship with him at the time...
    While I think that taking naked pics & sending them to your boy/girlfriend is always a bad idea because you never know what they will do with them later (pettiness after a breakup is not uncommon), your criticism might not apply here.

Thanks for that. Puts a different slant on it, you're right.......although whatever the circumstances, it's a pretty tacky thing to do in the first place with a camera (if you've seen it) Hardly tasteful is it?! Bleh! Classy....not!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Puts a different slant on it, you're right.......although whatever the circumstances, it's a pretty tacky thing to do in the first place with a camera (if you've seen it) Hardly tasteful is it?! Bleh! Classy....not!

No, not classy, but surely the intent of the man that uploaded / tweeted it is far more offensive than the photo itself? JA's friend posted it with the intent of '**** shaming' and then plenty of JA's (female) followers continued the shaming (including his step mother). I find the misogyny of the whole thing so incredibly depressing. Yes, she shared texts from him, but '******** shaming' is a little different to '**** shaming'.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not classy, but surely the intent of the man that uploaded / tweeted it is far more offensive than the photo itself? JA's friend posted it with the intent of '**** shaming' and then plenty of JA's (female) followers continued the shaming (including his step mother). I find the misogyny of the whole thing so incredibly depressing. Yes, she shared texts from him, but '******** shaming' is a little different to '**** shaming'.

I feel sorry for young girls of today, how far feminism has come. Taking selfies of your privates, for whatever reason and sharing them with your boyfriend. A boyfriend who then thinks it acceptable to foward something private and personal to a third party, who in return shares it with World. It was never like that when I grew up when the teen pop sensations of the day happened to be David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson. There were no mobile phones or social networking site in view. There again, I was a Slade fan and Gary Glitter was a different story.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for young girls of today, how far feminism has come. Taking selfies of your privates, for whatever reason and sharing them with your boyfriend. A boyfriend who then thinks it acceptable to foward something private and personal to a third party, who in return shares it with World. It was never like that when I grew up when the teen pop sensations of the day happened to be David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson. There were no mobile phones or social networking site in view. There again, I was a Slade fan and Gary Glitter was a different story.

It works the other way round too, though. Boys taking photos of their junk and sending them to girls (or boys). So in some ways there's a levelling of the playing field.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    It works the other way round too, though. Boys taking photos of their junk and sending them to girls (or boys). So in some ways there's a levelling of the playing field.

I agree. Actually it is not just boys, but also grown men and Dappy.

Personally I have two sons, one aged 22 and the other 25 and I would hate to be a youngster growing up in the current climate either as a male or a female. There again, if they were to behave in the same manner as JA then I would be thoroughly ashamed of them and hope that I had bought them up to be better than that.

I do feel sorry for the girl, whatever the history behind the photo and cannot see why JA always views himself as the victim. I wonder how he would feel if it was one of his sister's ex-boyfriends forwarding on intimate photos from their time together?

He just seems to always instigate the problem that turns him into a victim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »

I don't understand why women continue to allow naked pics of themselves to be taken and stored when time and time again we hear nasty stories about horrible little men using those photos as weapons against them later. Idiot girls.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

Personally I have two sons, one aged 22 and the other 25 and I would hate to be a youngster growing up in the current climate either as a male or a female. There again, if they were to behave in the same manner as JA then I would be thoroughly ashamed of them and hope that I had bought them up to be better than that.

I do feel sorry for the girl, whatever the history behind the photo and cannot see why JA always views himself as the victim. I wonder how he would feel if it was one of his sister's ex-boyfriends forwarding on intimate photos from their time together?

Basically he lacks a moral compass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do feel sorry for the girl, whatever the history behind the photo and cannot see why JA always views himself as the victim.

It's a never-ending cycle. JA starts shit, then cries like a little boy. I think he might have some sort of development problem - he's exceptionally immature for someone his age, it's like he hasn't grown emotionally beyond the age of about 15. The way he constantly lashes out and then tries to convince everyone he's the victim isn't normal, healthy behaviour. It sounds as though he grew up in a very bubble-like environment and was spoiled with the riches of things like having a swimming pool and servants and he couldn't hack it when all of that went away and he was forced to enter the real world. If he wasn't such an appalling person I'd feel a smudge of sympathy for him. Let's just hope he gets into therapy one day and at last spares others from his rubbish attitude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Basically he lacks a moral compass.

Not just a moral compass. The man is one huge contradiction and seems to require somebody 24/7 to change his diaper and pop his dummy back in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a never-ending cycle. JA starts shit, then cries like a little boy. I think he might have some sort of development problem - he's exceptionally immature for someone his age, it's like he hasn't grown emotionally beyond the age of about 15. The way he constantly lashes out and then tries to convince everyone he's the victim isn't normal, healthy behaviour. It sounds as though he grew up in a very bubble-like environment and was spoiled with the riches of things like having a swimming pool and servants and he couldn't hack it when all of that went away and he was forced to enter the real world. If he wasn't such an appalling person I'd feel a smudge of sympathy for him. Let's just hope he gets into therapy one day and at last spares others from his rubbish attitude.

I know what you mean the smudge of sympathy. Everytime I get to that stage, he goes and does something deeply unpleasant to somebody. Like you, hope he seeks out the therapy he so obviously needs otherwise he is going to end up very bitter and twisted.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Dappy leaked the photo himself on purpose to get a number 1 single. I really dislike people who do the BIB. It comes across as manipulative and passive aggressive so they can avoid consequences.
    It's a never-ending cycle. JA starts shit, then cries like a little boy. I think he might have some sort of development problem - he's exceptionally immature for someone his age, it's like he hasn't grown emotionally beyond the age of about 15. .

He does come across very immature. I have a 14 year old relative who is more of a man than James is. James needs to grow up, this behavior is pathetic, especially when you compare him to 1D. Harry was only 16 when he made it, is way more famous, gets a lot more attention than James and is under more pressure and he is one of the only members who has never got into a twitter fight. When the paparazzi where hassling him, he sorted it officially. James would probably kick off at them. I am surprised he has not already lost it with them.

He does seem troubled. However, there comes a time in everyone's life when they have to look at how they have been affected by life, in both positive and negative ways, and try to change. This should have happened a long time ago for James.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wise Up - I thought Dappy leaked the photo himself on purpose to get a number 1 single. I really dislike people who do the BIB. It comes across as manipulative and passive aggressive so they can avoid consequences.

I was using Dappy, tongue in cheek and no pun intended. However, I am so glad I grew up when I did as I cannot understand posting selfies of yourself or your private parts, but each to their own. Think it is sad and something that stays with you, coming back to hit you, when you least expect it. Whether you post it yourself or somebody else does it, with or without your permission. Is that how far society has moved on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad I grew up when I did as I cannot understand posting selfies of yourself or your private parts, but each to their own.

I am constantly relived I did the bulk of my growing up before social networking and the like really took off. Just thinking of the sort of drama I could have got into is utterly mortifying. In this respect I do feel exceptionally sorry for young people of today. It was hard enough being a teen in the early - mid 1990s, I can't imagine how horrific it must be today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am constantly relived I did the bulk of my growing up before social networking and the like really took off. Just thinking of the sort of drama I could have got into is utterly mortifying. In this respect I do feel exceptionally sorry for young people of today. It was hard enough being a teen in the early - mid 1990s, I can't imagine how horrific it must be today.

I know what you mean and there for the Grace of God go I, with regards the drama. Like you, I would hate to be a teenager growing up today, or for that a child of any age. We had it lucky.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with you. I also was a teenager in the early 90s. Although I always remember wishing I'd been born earlier so that I could have been a teenager in the 80s!!

Still at least I have a small excuse as to why I'm a bit of a bit technophobe....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. I also was a teenager in the early 90s. Although I always remember wishing I'd been born earlier so that I could have been a teenager in the 80s!!

I would have loved to have been born in the 50s, after the war but so I could experience rock and roll, the 70s, and 80s as a young adult like my mum did. I envy her so much because I just know I would have fitted in better and been much happier in the pre digital age.

As for James Arthur, I am convinced he has a personality disorder at this point, one involving narcissism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How is this even possible. Or is this website a parody.I just don't know but with headlines such as
    Jamie Dornan’s Dog Recovering from Surgery
    I seriously believe it is.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    How is this even possible. Or is this website a parody.
    While I think they should advertise the nature of the "news" more clearly on the website, it is a parody.

http://en.mediamass.net/blog/mediamass-project
    "The ‘People’ section is a humorous parody of Gossip magazines, all stories are obviously not true."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for posting, but think I will give his perfume a miss:) It did make me chuckle though.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I would have loved to have been born in the 50s, after the war but so I could experience rock and roll, the 70s, and 80s as a young adult like my mum did. I envy her so much because I just know I would have fitted in better and been much happier in the pre digital age.

As for James Arthur, I am convinced he has a personality disorder at this point, one involving narcissism.
    Totally agree with you! I'm 37 this month, so basically the 80s I was just a kid, so I would have loved to have been more of a young adult during that time but having said that, I've always thought my Mum had the best birthday year....1947. 50s as a child 60s as a teenager/young adult, and still young enough to enjoy the 70s and 80s.

I remember being a teenager in the 90s and just feeling I'd been born in the wrong decade! I remember the newspapers were calling that decade the caring and sharing 90s. No idea why. To me it was boring!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    The problem with the 'tortured genius' angle is that one generally has to display some form of genius for people to fall for it. 'Tortured competent' doesn't have quite the same cachet.

:D
    I agree Arthur isnt talented enough for them to use that angle. He's hardly an Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain type of figure in terms of talent.
  • Options
    RottilargoRottilargo Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is back on twitter:

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23
    Happy Valentine's Day to the beautiful JARMY! Hope you are all feeling the #LOVE pic.twitter.com/B1VlgpaAGS

But the spelling is far too good for James:p I think his management is posing as him.