Options

Samsung Galaxy J5 NFC and 4G

Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
Forum Member
✭✭
Does this come with NFC and 4G, because I was trying to find the cheapest option to buy it and on Vodafone's website it says that it's not 4G, whereas on other websites it says that it has?

What's everybody's opinion about this phone?

Good and Bad opinons are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It supports 4G and NFC as stated on Samsungs website. It does not support 2600MHz which Vodafone use for 4G in selected places but supports 800MHz which is their main frequency for 4G as well as 1800MHz which sees little use.

This review says it's good value for money but the camera isn't great. Plus if you want software updates forget it. Samsung struggle to update flagship phones and budget phones get abandoned.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1404479/samsung-galaxy-j5-review-a-new-moto-g-killer

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/others/SM-J500FZKABTU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its also worth considering that the J5 was released in June 2015 and will be due for replacement with this years model. Likewise its competitor the Moto G will be unveiled in 2 weeks time.
  • Options
    Denco1Denco1 Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It supports 4G and NFC as stated on Samsungs website. It does not support 2600MHz which Vodafone use for 4G in selected places but supports 800MHz which is their main frequency for 4G as well as 1800MHz which sees little use.

Where does it say it doesn't support 2600MHz?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denco1 wrote: »
    Where does it say it doesn't support 2600MHz?

Opps my mistake yes it supports Band 7 2600MHz :blush:
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This review says it's good value for money but the camera isn't great. Plus if you want software updates forget it. Samsung struggle to update flagship phones and budget phones get abandoned.

Yes I'm surprised this phone hasn't got more attention. It's not bad at all, The weakest part isn't the camera but the relatively small 8gig of built in RAM.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I find the battery life really good on this phone and the display is not bad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a choice as to which one I should get:

Samsung Galaxy J5.

Motorola Moto G3 4G.

IPhone 5s.

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua.
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for a start do you want a large or smaller display?

The 5s obviously has a much smaller screen than the other three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Samsung Galaxy J5.

Motorola Moto G3 4G.

IPhone 5s.

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua.

The New 2016 version of the Samsung Galaxy J5 is about to be released as Amazon in France already have it listed.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/04/20/galaxy-j5-2016-and-galaxy-j7-2016-europe/

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/04/29/galaxy-j5-2016-black-edition-listed-on-amazon-france-for-e275-69/
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Samsung Galaxy J5.

Motorola Moto G3 4G.

IPhone 5s.

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua.

My missus has a 3rd gen Moto G and its great for the cash but get the 16GB version as it comes with 2GB or RAM. If you can go a little bit further the Moto X Play is a superb phone for the money, great camera, screen etc. plus an enormous battery
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    swb1964 wrote: »
    The weakest part isn't the camera but the relatively small 8gig of built in RAM.

If it had 8GB RAM it would be a monster of a phone :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swb1964 wrote: »
    Well for a start do you want a large or smaller display?

The 5s obviously has a much smaller screen than the other three.

Large screen and a good camera.