The Wanted- She Walks Like Rihanna

Comments

• chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Just had a listen.

Dreadful :sleep:

So desperate with the name mention as well :rolleyes: "Ooh maybe she'll get asked about us and our shite song in interviews!!!"
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So desperate with the name mention as well :rolleyes: "Ooh maybe she'll get asked about us and our shite song in interviews!!!"

Indeed. They were likely taking inspiration, no, copying the idea from "Moves Like Jagger" and thought they'd have an even bigger hit than Maroon 5's by picking one of the current biggest names in music.

Was there a similarly named song about Beyoncé released a while back, from an obscure group, or am I completely imagining that? Either it's the latter or I'm getting mixed up with some lyric I've heard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Was there a similarly named song about Beyoncé released a while back, from an obscure group, or am I completely imagining that? Either it's the latter or I'm getting mixed up with some lyric I've heard.

Drake released a song called 'Girls love Beyonce'. That could be what you're thinking of.

I don't mind The Wanted, but this song is not very good upon first listen. The chorus just makes me cringe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol first time I have seen her walk like that.

Cool walk :p :rolleyes:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it escaped from the late 90's early 00's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=musicfreak10;65626278]I never knew Rihanna had a 'walk' to her :p

[/QUOTE]

This, this, this, this, THIS.
    If they were talking about Tyra or Beyonce it'd still be cheesy as hell but most people would understand.
    I'll never understand how The Wanted are so popular.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is music for those that see Rihanna as an inspiration and not a train wreck... awful song, awful lyrics and an awful boyband.

- therefore it'll be a huge hit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did TheWanted ever follow up on a second hit in the US? i imagine them to use this as some more exposure out there
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    Drake released a song called 'Girls love Beyonce'. That could be what you're thinking of.

Ah, that's it! I haven't heard the song but recall being irked when I first saw the title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    holy **** that was bad....what are they thinking?

You get the feeling they want to go to the "excuse the pun" the direction of One Direction ...but
    1 - the lyrics are beyond shit since when did Rhianna have a freaken walk
    2 - it sounds crap , not catchy or melodic
    3 - that style doesn't suit them

they should stick to their old syle....cause damn
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing do with SWLR but Capital TV are doing The Wanted: From The Begining.

I am no fan of boybands but they are clearly the best ones, every single they have done is pretty good and all are quite catchy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    live2max wrote: »

You get the feeling they want to go to the "excuse the pun" the direction of One Direction ...but

Sounds like a number one on the billboard then...
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    live2max wrote: »

Erm.....>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzV-M4dTr9M#t=3m18s
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be fair, the video redeems the song a little.:o
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I love the video, it's quite funny, I'm sure the majority will dislike it and claim they are trying to rip off other bands by copying their look though
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I actually think the video is awesome, the way they kind of paid homage to past boybands was funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Sounds like they're making it up as they go along. Cringeworthy and difficult to retain any respect for them after this. They have played straight into One Direction's hands.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated this song when it first premiered, but damn its growing on me :o I'll never like the fact they've stuck Rihanna's name in there though. Not too sure about the video yet, but love that they aren't taking themselves seriously. Their personalities shine through :D Just hoping Nathan's voice fully recovers, they can't go on without the best voice!
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the video disrespectful to other boybands when they are a boyband as well. I know they wanted to look funny, but Blink 182 have done the spoof a lot better and they weren't actually mocking BSB - it was a video parody.

This is just plain mocking with moves during Nsync and BSB bits.

And the song is awful, the lyrics are so lame.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I find the video disrespectful to other boybands when they are a boyband as well. I know they wanted to look funny, but Blink 182 have done the spoof a lot better and they weren't actually mocking BSB - it was a video parody.

This is just plain mocking with moves during Nsync and BSB bits.

And the song is awful, the lyrics are so lame.

I don't think they're mocking at all.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful. Absolutely the worst song I've ever heard (including the shite 1d churn out) and the shitty unfunny video has been fone before, better. Who the hell buys this crap! I hope it's a massive flop and they get dropped
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes me chuckle is the way they attempt to lord it up over other boybands... the reality is that they are all just as crap and cheesy as each other.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes me chuckle is the way they attempt to lord it up over other boybands... the reality is that they are all just as crap and cheesy as each other.

Exactly, that is what annoys me about them - they can talk all they want, but they are a boyband. When Blink did this, it was funny and justified as they are a punk/rock band, but The Wanted spoofing other boybands - I just don't find it funny at all.

Even Take That were pretty funny when they spoofed themselves in Happy Now video:D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is absolutely dismal, and the video isn't much better either. Blink-182 did it so much better thirteen years ago.

Of course the funny thing is that in a few years time, when another boy-band do the exact same concept, The Wanted won't have a single iconic image or video to be parodied in it...

And I have to say, I have yet to notice anything special about Rihanna's walk either. What next "She Picks Things Up Like Katy Perry"?
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next single will be She Has a Pair of Melons like Michelle Keegan or Her Fanny Lips are Like Nicki Minaj :D