Android 5.0 Lollipop let you uninstall network bloatware

Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
Forum Member
✭✭
Most people don't like Bloatware that networks insist on bundling with your phone. Well it looks like Android 5.0 has the solution of sorts. You will now be able to uninstall networks bloatware. However when you put Sim in it will initially install the bloatware for that network. But now you can uninstall it if you don't like it.

One of the quietest additions to Android in Lollipop addresses one of the biggest shortcomings in the platform: preloaded carrier bloatware. The feature, called Play Auto Installs, makes it possible to uninstall apps that mobile operators like Verizon and AT&T require on their devices. During setup, when the system detects a carrier SIM has been inserted, it automatically downloads apps from that carrier. (Before, those apps were already preinstalled on the phone.) This move makes those apps part of Google Play, which means they can easily be uninstalled at any time.

http://www.engadget.com/android-lollipop-review/

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch networks are not going like that especially verizon
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you won’t be able to un-install Google bloat though.:D
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Samsung S5 is not getting Lollipop any time soon though is it?
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Samsung S5 is not getting Lollipop any time soon though is it?

From what i can gather s5 owners wont have long to wait ( just google s5 lolipop)

As for Verizon unless you are in the USA what they do/dont do like or dis like has as much relevance to what the phone operator /network Movistar gets up to in Peru
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard_T wrote: »
    From what i can gather s5 owners wont have long to wait ( just google s5 lolipop)

As for Verizon unless you are in the USA what they do/dont do like or dis like has as much relevance to what the phone operator /network Movistar gets up to in Peru

It wont be till next year given how long they normally take with these things.