LG Cookie (KP500)

12346»

Comments

• planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wash wrote: »
    I've just ordered the T-Mobile K500 for £37.95. Should be worth it for that little amount - I hope. Are T-Mobile any cop these days?

I take it you mean a "T-Mobile KP500 for £37.95". That's a bargin price if it is.

As there doesn't appear to be a "I hate T-Mobile" thread in this forum then you should be ok.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    I take it you mean a "T-Mobile KP500 for £37.95". That's a bargin price if it is.

As there doesn't appear to be a "I hate T-Mobile" thread in this forum then you should be ok.

Yes, it's a KP500. I'm quite happy with the price.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi. i got this phone a little over a week ago and i love it. but theres a couple of things i cant get to grips with lol... how do i get the internet to work on it? & also how do i have my phone ringtones and message tone on loud without having the keypad tones? they reallly annoy me is this possible? Also is there a way u can block certain numbers from contactin u? Thanks:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi. i got this phone a little over a week ago and i love it. but theres a couple of things i cant get to grips with lol... how do i get the internet to work on it? & also how do i have my phone ringtones and message tone on loud without having the keypad tones? they reallly annoy me is this possible? Also is there a way u can block certain numbers from contactin u? Thanks:)

Q1: Contact your network provider. They need to send a couple of system text messages to you mobile to activate it.

Q2: There is a volume setting associated with your ringtone but not as far as I can see with any message tone. The volume for the keypad tones are set under Touchscreen effects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    hmm i got this phone when it first came out when carphone warehouse got it

erm i was impressed at first but after 2 weeks the screen cracked, now usually a phone lasts me for years like the D900 i go that when it first came out and the screen broke 2 week ago when i lent it out to my cousin! but yeah the screen cracked after a fornight,

the signal wasnt very good either but wasnt too bad in some areas, the touch screen played up now and again if you didnt use the pen but it didnt always flip the text box in the texting screen,

i made sure i didnt get another and got the nokia 6600slide and its not let me down once
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Can anyone with a Cookie help me with this question please:

Does the Cookie have a limit on the number of memos of 5? The Viewty does, and the memo feature is one i will use a lot, so a max of 5 entries is useless for me.
    cheers

Not sure I can help, can you explain how I can get more memo notes. The one that is there is of gret use, more than one would be fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    jkain wrote: »
    I don't have a card in my phone as there's not much i want to put on it, but I've found transferring over USB to the internal memory is very slow. If you have a card reader on your PC it will be easier to copy stuff on to it directly and then just put the card back in the phone.

I currently have around 10 memo's in mine with no problems. No idea if there's a limit though.
    Can you explain how you get multi memos, I take you mean you have multi memo squares (in different colours on the screes) on your screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    What's the camera like on this phone? I've currently got the LG Viewty, which has a great camera, when used in daylight. I don't like the bulkiness of the phone though, the LG cookie looks so much nicer.
    Forum Member
    The LG Cookie camera is, well, shite tbh.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked mine until the summer came and I couldn't see the screen in bright sunlight, a bit of a problem for a phone with the keypad on the screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wash wrote: »
    The LG Cookie camera is, well, shite tbh.

I have to agree with you. Have now stopped using mine because of firmware faults and gone back to my SE890i.
  • belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with you. Have now stopped using mine because of firmware faults and gone back to my SE890i.

I don't use mine as my main phone any more - I keep it with a Vodafone SIM in for travel, the touch screen is just too fiddly to use all the time. I've gone back to an old Nokia E61 on 3 for day-to-day use.
    Forum Member
    I don't use mine as my main phone any more - I keep it with a Vodafone SIM in for travel, the touch screen is just too fiddly to use all the time. I've gone back to an old Nokia E61 on 3 for day-to-day use.

Oh, I have no problem with the phone or any of its other features, it's a great phone for watching videos on, playing games, listening to music (great use of SDHC 8gb and 16gb support) etc but eh camera is not as good as that on my old K750i. I have a proper camera anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Not really like Im going to be using the camera much anyway; I have a digital camera anyways. I think Im going to get the LG cookie, it looks really nice. Only about 60quid now to.