My partner had a Stroke last night. I need some help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Happy 21st birthday . Well done Adam xx
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Great news :) Hope you have a great birthday xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good news smiirky - was thinking about you earlier today as it happens.

Happy birthday for next week :)
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,094
    Forum Member
    :):):):):)
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done both of you!! :):):)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy for you.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Aww happy 21st hun. I'm glad alls well. Thanks for coming on and letting us know :)
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so much, i'd give you a big hug if I could, I couldn't have got through this without everyone's help and advice..

I don't even care what I do for my birthday, I'm just so glad it's going to be with Adam..Yes we're both very mushy at the moment, lol. :D
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smirky, I am thrilled he is on the mend, what amazing progress! I am sure your devotion and support has had a big part in his recovery, so well done!

I hope you both enjoy your birthday :)
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birthdays on 3rd Feb are the best.

Glad it's all going well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Month today since Adam had his stroke. Gone so fast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, this is exhausting. Adam and I are arguing. Alot. *sigh*
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »

Aww. You both have a lot of adjusting to do. I'm sure you can both work through it.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Smiirky :(

I guess you are probably spending more time together than before the stroke (?), which makes it easy to get frustrated or snappy from time to time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I've been ill the last few days with a coldy/flu virus and Ad doesn't want to catch it so I've been at home. Even when we're on the phone deciding when to see eachother it turns into a bloomin argument..He Started at "come down tonight", and ended at "Id prefer to be on my own tonight and tomorrow". :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've made up now, guess his moods are just down to his stroke. He's lucky I love him to bits!
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody gets in moods, not least if you are recovering from a stroke. Don't take it to heart, you have both come a long way but there is still a long way to go. Try not to get dragged into arguments, it might not make sense to you but it does to him, he will have frustrations that he can't explain, and that you may not understand. Take a deep breath and keep on doing what you are doing. He is lucky to have your love support and I'm sure he appreciates it in his own way. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he does, he just shows it in his own special way lol. I know he's frustrated, I get frustrated, but I love him sooo much, us arguing more often just breaks my heart.
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought of this thread, thought I'd ask how things are going, and smiirky is, um, "not available".

If you're reading this smiirky, I hope all is ok.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    I thought of this thread, thought I'd ask how things are going, and smiirky is, um, "not available".

If you're reading this smiirky, I hope all is ok.

She won't be able to read it yet.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    She won't be able to read it yet.

Anyone can read posts though? You dont have to be signed in to read ?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When I have had a ban, I have never been able to get onto the forums. it just came up "You are banned" or something similar
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup, you can still read stuff, because if you don't try to sign in, they don't know you're banned. Wonder why Smiirky's "out"? Didn't seem the type.
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Yup, you can still read stuff, because if you don't try to sign in, they don't know you're banned. Wonder why Smiirky's "out"? Didn't seem the type.

I was just wondering about how it was going for her - and she's on another holiday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm back..I think I swear too much on here, hence why I got banned. Well, things are ok. Adam is starting to try and quit smoking, hence why he's soo angry all the time, but, if it makes him healthier- I guess it's something I have to accept.

He's finished his therepy now. He's alot better.