Go on Stevie!!! Mess this up for x Factor

2»

Comments

• MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    It saddens me OP that you want to watch this show crumble. Just wow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I agree that Stevie still being on this show is beyond belief . The selection of this singer was a travesty to begin with. The show is a farce. I have not minded so much the other 'entertainment value' acts in previous years (they were more likeable) but the elimination of real talent is galling. I think some people voted for him because they thought it was harmless fun but I believe now that people have been voting for Stevie as a protest at the manipulation of the audience , one in the eye for Simon Cowell because ultimately then he may have to promote Stevie as the winner, which is a total joke. May they have many more meals out at a Harvester together . His singing voice is cringeworthy, he cannot dance. I do not think he is 'real .'Everything he says is considered and planned including last night's ingratiating thanks to the public. He is a bit part aspiring actor, not a singer. He is lucky to have got the work he has done. I do not usually comment on looks but he does have a very strange face and eyelids as if he had bad plastic surgery, so its not like he is eye candy. The sex god tag he had bestowed on him was a creepy embarrassment. His remarks to Mel B are a bit out of order and seemed not to be a joke, I must say she showed great restraint. Steve Richie is deluded if he really believes he is a talent this country really needs. Anyone with any integrity would bow out now, enough is enough. But I do not believe he has integrity, because his whole presented personality is a facade in my opinion in his quest for fame. I must congratulate him on his acting skills - his projected persona has gained him some popularity. A sudden illness maybe? Quite apart from that , the rumours of a tryst with the posh model contestant, how will she ever live that down? I could not believe it. I'd have to leave the country if it was true. There should be no place for this type of novelty act at this stage in a serious competition. Maybe I am missing the point - is the purpose of The X Factor just entertainment, rather than finding a singer with a unique talent ?What do people think? Let's face it the show has got people talking, even if it is negative.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon will figure out next week with Stevi providing he is not eliminated tomorrow - him v anyone i the sing off he is gone.

Simon got him there for ratings but then it backfired. He was never intended to stay this long. He needs to figure out that:

Instead of giving him a big showy performance that is so awful with the intention that no one will vote for him and he'll be evicted THAT this will not happen it will only motivate people to vote for him more. Criticising him will also make them vote for him more.

If he gives him a proper performance to just sing and they give him semi-praise he'll be evicted very easily.

We've seen this before with Wagner, Jedward etc
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I'm voting Stevi because

A. He's fun to watch
    B. To throw in the faces of Andrea, Ben, Stereo Kicks and Lauren fans.

I like Andrea and Lauren but my app votes went to Stevi.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    smurftc wrote: »
    Not voted for Stevie yet.. but will do now! :)

yep i dont care for the voting anymore, stupid Cheryl brining him back.

stupid panel for voting for him,

the end of x factor
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    if stevi wins it will be the death of x factor......... which is why i've just used all five of my app votes on him! GO STEVI!

But would you vote fir him if you had to pay?
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pointless waste of time. I keep hearing "the public love you Stevie" No they don't. It's clear from reading threads like this that people don't love him, they are just casting multiple votes to mess things up. If anyone has seriously gone on X Factor to make a career they might as well not bother and go home now. It's an absolute mockery with Stevie still there and to vote for him just to p*** off Simon Cowell is pathetic. He should have gone weeks ago but at this rate he will be in the final. People say "so and so shouldn't have gone and so and so should still be there" well stop voting for this fool for stupid reasons then!!
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Steve and the X Factor deserve each other
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    gotta laugh at the thought they need to "throw him under the bus" , stevi would happily jump in front of it himself to be famous

you don't need to sabotage an act that has only been there for a joke in the first place , everyone already knows he sucks , its not like they have to try and make him look bad he does that himself, in fact the worse he is the more votes he is likely to get

if anything tonight was the farthest thing away from the show throwing him under the bus as it could possibly have been , if they were seriously trying to do that they would just have got him up on stage by himself, with a mic no backing singers or dancers and have him attempt to sing a song simply

Leaving aside the performance what I found shocking really was SC's behaviour regarding Stevi as he introduced him and then in his critique afterwards, there was a deliberate and unsubtle distancing going on with SC. A couple of weeks ago the bromance was in full swing and they were off for scampi together yet last night SC was doing anything he could to send out a message that he wanted nothing to do with Stevi which is naff as we have been fed the 'best mates' crap. So in those terms I would say SC wants him under the bus.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you hate X Factor that much, just don't watch... Why go out of your way to attempt to ruin it for the millions of people who do enjoy it?!

That said, I don't even hate Stevi. By all means, I should, but I'd rather watch him than Ben or Stereo Kicks so I don't mind if he lasts another week or two.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten votes for Stevi from me.

If he won it would be the funniest thing I'd seen in ages. And this is a Saturday night entertainment show after all. If it were a singing competition. Stevi wouldn't have been there in the first place. And as far as entertaining goes. He is miles more fun to watch then anyone else in the competition.

And anyone who goes on x-factor in hopes of a serious career is delusional anyway. Especially if they are hoping they win. Best thing for any serious act is not to be saddled with the X factor winner label. Those good enough will get a deal either way.

It's done James, Matt, Joe, Leon etc so much good winning hasn't it.

Whilst artists who didn't win, 1D Rebecca, Ella. They've all done much better because they could move away from the show having not won it and not have the X-Factor hanging around their neck their entire career. They got deals because whoever signed them had faith in them as artists (or as massive money makers in 1D's case) and not because they won a shoe and got one wether the label wanted them to or not. Because that's the prize for winning the show.
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been trying to say this message for a while but maybe I have been too diplomatic. Anyone who thinks voting for Stevi to win and thinks that will hurt Cowell and that he cares is absolutely STUPID! Get a grip people. Stop giving your money to this guy - if you want to hurt him then stop watching as that is what will hurt him and nothing more
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    I love the way some justify their hate by saying that Stevi is crap - What about the rest of them? A show that pushes crap singers who all sing flat just because they can sell them to stupid teenagers should be stopped.

These are not the best singers in the country or even the best of those who auditioned and the show is not looking for the X Factor in people, they are just looking for silly pop acts to fleece kiddies of their money.

So if they can lie and dish up crap flat singers, why should anyone else take it seriously?

So let's all vote for Stevi and get him to the finals if only to mess up their plans.
    Forum Member
    I have been trying to say this message for a while but maybe I have been too diplomatic. Anyone who thinks voting for Stevi to win and thinks that will hurt Cowell and that he cares is absolutely STUPID! Get a grip people. Stop giving your money to this guy - if you want to hurt him then stop watching as that is what will hurt him and nothing more

Pssssssssssssst The votes are FREE!

So it's not hurting us! And only a select few viewers are counted as to how many are watching and so stopping viewing will have no result at all.
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    What a pointless waste of time. I keep hearing "the public love you Stevie" No they don't. It's clear from reading threads like this that people don't love him, they are just casting multiple votes to mess things up. If anyone has seriously gone on X Factor to make a career they might as well not bother and go home now. It's an absolute mockery with Stevie still there and to vote for him just to p*** off Simon Cowell is pathetic. He should have gone weeks ago but at this rate he will be in the final. People say "so and so shouldn't have gone and so and so should still be there" well stop voting for this fool for stupid reasons then!!

Couldn't agree with you more! I hate these sort of threads. If you don't like the programme anymore, then stop watching it, but don't vote for someone who's awful, just to annoy producers and spoil it for those of us who do still like it and who do still want someone decent to win.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more! I hate these sort of threads. If you don't like the programme anymore, then stop watching it, but don't vote for someone who's awful, just to annoy producers and spoil it for those of us who do still like it and who do still want someone decent to win.

Maybe apply what I have highlighted of your thoughts above to this thread then... and dont come on here!!!
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Maybe apply what I have highlighted of your thoughts above to this thread then... and dont come on here!!!

But why are you on an X factor forum, when you hate the programme so much and just want to sabotage it? Why spoil it for those who do like it? The style of your reply was extremely rude and unnecessary by the way.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why are you on an X factor forum, when you hate the programme so much and just want to sabotage it? Why spoil it for those who do like it? The style of your reply was extremely rude and unnecessary by the way.

When did I say I hated x factor ?? I dont.. so do not make quotes that are not true ! I enjoy watching it.. Im just sick of all the throwing contestants under the bus this year , hence my thread !.. simple !

And how can I sabotage it ? :D Ive only voted once....
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. If you don't like, don't vote and don't watch. That hurts Cowell a lot more than voting for an act that's pants. Pretty sure that Cowell and co are very aware that every year the joke act will keep getting votes to 'have a go at at the show' while they lap up the publicity that the joke act is making and means people chat more about XF. Why would they bother bringing one through every year if this wasn't the case?

I am no fan of XF I watch because it's on the TV as OH watches it. I'd happily see the show disappear and never have to watch again, but there are those who do like the show, enjoy the acts and support particular acts. For these people it seems really rubbish that people are keeping in an act, just to have a go at Simon. Just don't watch if you don't care. The only person who does benefit, is Cowell. Even if you're not paying for the votes, you are, by voting supporting the show. You are supporting it by watching it. Switching off is the biggest attack you can do.
    Forum Member
    To all the posters who keep spouting the same teenage rubbish of "if you don't like X factor don't watch it" This is a discussion forum where people are free to discuss ALL aspects of the show, good and BAD.

Please stop trying to close people down.
    Forum Member
    And please stop stating that not watching will hurt the show more.

I have already posted how and why it won't and yet posters ignore those posted facts and just keep repeat-posting the same non-fact.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you stevie fans didnt vote enough lol thank god hes gone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    gotta laugh at the thought they need to "throw him under the bus" , stevi would happily jump in front of it himself to be famous

you don't need to sabotage an act that has only been there for a joke in the first place , everyone already knows he sucks , its not like they have to try and make him look bad he does that himself, in fact the worse he is the more votes he is likely to get

if anything tonight was the farthest thing away from the show throwing him under the bus as it could possibly have been , if they were seriously trying to do that they would just have got him up on stage by himself, with a mic no backing singers or dancers and have him attempt to sing a song simply
    And that's what he did in the sing-off to great effect, no doubt Stevie will pop up somewhere as a presenter
    :p
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I know people enjoyed the idea of a Steven win killing the franchise (no it wouldn't have really), but frankly I'm glad this thing is dead.

It was just so painful to listen to, and watch, even as an "F.U." to Simon.