Options

Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Morgan
    finds another clue in his Trail to find Rick. Of course this means Rick and Co are going to still head towards Washington despite knowing Eugene was lying as otherwise Morgan will never find them.

Thought
    Beth's death was rather stupid to be honest. What did she expect was going to happen? I'm surprised nobody else started shooting resulting in a total bloodbath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never bought into the sudden and hastily written Daryl-Beth friendship. It seemed slapdash. Felt Daryl's reaction was slightly over the top but Norman is a good actor. I felt more for Maggie. That's her sister and their relationship was sidelined to please a Tumblr generation.

In all honesty, Beth was long overdue a demise. She'd outlived better characters.

Can we have more Tara now please? She's awesome.
  • Options
    blisteringblueblisteringblue Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Personally I like the character development of Rick, from the start to now he is a totally different person. He's now much more bad ass, no nonsense kind of guy. This isn't a lighthearted show, so there's no real good opportunity for him to be happy when he is trying to protect his family all the time.

Totally agree, I love how Rick is now. I was literally shouting ....
    Wow, Badass when he ran officer Bob over with the police car

Overall a superb episode, it sets everything up for the next chapter.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Everybody avoid The Walking Dead Facebook page if you haven't seen the show. They've put up the biggest unavoidable spoiler, ahead of most people even watching.

Yeah, I was so ****ing annoyed, not normally one to get upset about spoilers, a lot of the time it's pretty simple, stay off twitter, don't look on messageboards, but I gad a message on FB , and that was the first pic I saw.>:(
    Loved the first 13, loved the Daryl/Beth relationship, gave this so much resonance, someone said it was forced, well yes in the end that was the point, two people who wouldn't have got to know each other unless they were forced together. Beth turned into a brilliant character IMHO.

Her death was clearly because she realised that last action from Dawn (Noah) would mean that she always would want more for the control, she stabbed her to save him from going back. She probably didn't think she'd die she clearly knew that the hospital/police people weren't 100% behind Dawn. As for this stuff about everyone not buying Maggie's reaction, that's just silly fan nonsense, because it's decided that she hasn't shown enough in scenes. It was perfectly affecting unless you had that silly bias in your head. I

BTW if you don't like real-life emotion (like some didn't when hershell died), don't watch Talking Dead, Emuly Kinney couldn't stop crying it was heart-breaking.

On a Shallow note I hope that Officer Shepherd joins the gang as replacement, looks a lot like Emmy Rossum.

oh and I agree more Tara, she seems like a BTVS character rocked up in The Walking Dead, which is a good thing IMHO.
  • Options
    blisteringblueblisteringblue Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was so ****ing annoyed, not normally one to get upset about spoilers, a lot of the time it's pretty simple, stay off twitter, don't look on messageboards, but I gad a message on FB , and that was the first pic I saw.>:(

I stay well clear of any sort of social media before I've watched. Too many spoils in the past. It's also why I download it rather than wait for the UK showing, even next day it's too bloody late. They seriously need to simulcast like they did for the finale (or was that GOT). Where is the harm in that.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So annoyed with Facebook >:(

Not that such a thing happening on The Walking Dead is surprising. Just would be nice to watch it first before it gets posted in a great big picture in the middle of my FB feed

On the plus been reading the comments section and boy I'm not the only one annoyed.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a weirdly realistic dream last night about reading online spoilers. And spent the episode expecting Rick to die.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    im not watching tonight ..i think im done with the show after i read the spoilers.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    im not watching tonight ..i think im done with the show after i read the spoilers.

Why's that? Because it was spoilt? Or because of what the spoilers said?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »

Quitting the show because
    Beth died?

See ya
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Quitting the show because
    Beth died?

See ya

I'm gutted that
    Beth died
    but will still watch plus we still have
    Tara

Also with rumours that
    Glenn dies i think we will see Maggie go over the edge and lose her humanity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why's that? Because it was spoilt? Or because of what the spoilers said?

i read the spoiler... at this point i just dont like any of the new characters and the groups like the abe eugene one...also the shows just gone in circles and since the terminus fiasco its got worse...:( another gripe is the state of the zombies..they are rotting away and seem really tame and feeble now...not dangerous but rotten and rather sad.. and the groups are so disorganised they are scavenging for dirty creek water instead of building up supplies of bottled water...
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST.
    Yay, good on Rick for running over the nice cop, shame he shot him in the head though. Should have let the rotters get him.
    That scene was horribly filmed; the way to cop went down just wasn't natural. I can't imagine (in a real world situation) it would have happened like that. It's like the producer/director did one take and thought "that'll do". :p

Still, I understood Bob's reasons for running (and not stopping). If only he'd paid attention and stopped, his neck wouldn't have been broken, and he'd have lived.
    Poor Beth.
    Pretty dumb way to die.
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure I got that. Beth stabbed officer crazy, but to what avail? Was the gunshot to Beth intentional, or accidental? The scene could have done with a little more clearing up, but yeah, was a bit of a dumb way to go.
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Everybody avoid The Walking Dead Facebook page if you haven't seen the show. They've put up the biggest unavoidable spoiler, ahead of most people even watching.
    Yeah, that a dumb move by them. I casually checked Facebook this morning (at 5am) and it was already on there. Whey to go and wait for the European Air. Idiots!
    gother wrote: »
    Also with rumours that
    Glenn dies i think we will see Maggie go over the edge and lose her humanity
    Weirdly, a few people have theorized this happening at some point. His death is going to be a major hit.

Furthermore, three things that were lacking (as far as I am concerned):

1) The conversation between Rick and Officer Crazy (about the exchange)
    2) The first words spoken between Beth and Carol after Carol had woken; Carol hasn't seen Beth in some time, and as soon as she wakes, the next time we see her is during the exchange. What was said between them? What did they talk about? Did Beth ask after Maggie? - (cause Maggie didn't ask after Beth)
    3) I'm slightly surprised that nobody from the hospital group decided to join Rick. This would have been the perfect opportunity to include more characters to the show.

As for the episode itself, not the strongest of mid-season finals, but a good one. Beth was the logical choice; I've never cared for her character (and I don't think Emily is that great an actress). I don't think killing anyone else off would have done the story justice really. Beth was the character they were building up, then Boom! Headshot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST.That scene was horribly filmed; the way to cop went down just wasn't natural. I can't imagine (in a real world situation) it would have happened like that. It's like the producer/director did one take and thought "that'll do". :p

Still, I understood Bob's reasons for running (and not stopping). If only he'd paid attention and stopped, his neck wouldn't have been broken, and he'd have lived.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure I got that. Beth stabbed officer crazy, but to what avail? Was the gunshot to Beth intentional, or accidental? The scene could have done with a little more clearing up, but yeah, was a bit of a dumb way to go.

Yeah, that a dumb move by them. I casually checked Facebook this morning (at 5am) and it was already on there. Whey to go and wait for the European Air. Idiots!

Weirdly, a few people have theorized this happening at some point. His death is going to be a major hit.

Furthermore, three things that were lacking (as far as I am concerned):

1) The conversation between Rick and Officer Crazy (about the exchange)
    2) The first words spoken between Beth and Carol after Carol had woken; Carol hasn't seen Beth in some time, and as soon as she wakes, the next time we see her is during the exchange. What was said between them? What did they talk about? Did Beth ask after Maggie? - (cause Maggie didn't ask after Beth)
    3) I'm slightly surprised that nobody from the hospital group decided to join Rick. This would have been the perfect opportunity to include more characters to the show.

As for the episode itself, not the strongest of mid-season finals, but a good one. Beth was the logical choice; I've never cared for her character (and I don't think Emily is that great an actress). I don't think killing anyone else off would have done the story justice really. Beth was the character they were building up, then Boom! Headshot.

I thought that was left open-ended TBH. I think we'll get a couple going with them.

Mind you with better leaders the hospital doesn't seem a bad place to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought that was left open-ended TBH. I think we'll get a couple going with them.
    See, I thought they closed it up. Rick said something along the lines of "anyone who wishes to come with us, step forward now" - it then focused on the hospital group - and none of them moved. To me, that indicated they all wished to remain where they were.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, I thought they closed it up. Rick said something along the lines of "anyone who wishes to come with us, step forward now" - it then focused on the hospital group - and none of them moved. To me, that indicated they all wished to remain where they were.

Noah went with them or are you not including him in the Hospital group anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Noah went with them or are you not including him in the Hospital group anymore.
    I'm not including him cause (in my mind) he stopped being a member of the hospital group as soon as he was rescued by Daryl and Carol (who, weirdly managed to get to her feet rather quickly, considering she seemed to need a wheelchair). :o
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to self:
    if you're going to stab someone make sure they ain't gotta gun pointed at your face
    . :rollseyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, you could be right, they hadn't gone from the corridor yet though, I guess we'll see next year.
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Note to self:
    if you're going to stab someone make sure they ain't gotta gun pointed at your face
    . :rollseyes:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually I was watching a review and they mentioned the title Coda. After repeating a number of phrases you come to the end. That seemed just right. Finally Beth understood that Dawn would never stop in her need to sacrifice others to save herself. Beth knew what was going to happen and sacrificed herself not only to save Noah but those to come.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An okay episode...
    I found her death rather stupid. Why did she ever think she would get away with that and not get hurt back? And why the need to stab her when she was free. They could have gone, regrouped and gone back for Noah.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what did Dawn have planned if they'd refused to hand Noah over? A general shoot out?
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the basic format each half season of The Walking Dead seems to follow:

1. We've found somewhere relatively safe to live.
    2. Let's go outside and get separated.
    3. "Rick, some other people took some of our people! We need to go get them back!"
    4. Come up with a plan
    5. Oh god nothing went according to plan!!!!!
    6. OH SHIT!!!!!!!

I literally do not care that
    Beth is dead, although Maggie's reaction was very sad. She has lost her entire family, she's an honorary Stark.
    I also think that
    Rick is slowly becoming a Walter White esque character, I've found myself rooting for him less now that he's becoming a bit of an ass.

I have to admit that I'm not terribly bothered about the hiatus like I normally am. I expected this season to be about the crazy cannibals instead but instead we got the weird hospital/cop stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Here is the basic format each half season of The Walking Dead seems to follow:

1. We've found somewhere relatively safe to live.
    2. Let's go outside and get separated.
    3. "Rick, some other people took some of our people! We need to go get them back!"
    4. Come up with a plan
    5. Oh god nothing went according to plan!!!!!
    6. OH SHIT!!!!!!!

I literally do not care that
    Beth is dead, although Maggie's reaction was very sad. She has lost her entire family, she's an honorary Stark.
    I also think that
    Rick is slowly becoming a Walter White esque character, I've found myself rooting for him less now that he's becoming a bit of an ass.

I have to admit that I'm not terribly bothered about the hiatus like I normally am. I expected this season to be about the crazy cannibals instead but instead we got the weird hospital/cop stuff.

I agree in parts except for the spoiler and the cannibal stuff...think the cannibal stuff was so stupid and not needed..the show has lost the plot since they killed off andrea and had the governor stupidly returned ...i think it doesnt have any direction at all except to kill off popular characters for shock effect... and the characters they have brought in are charmless ..maybe as with a lot of shows , the later series just wind down so dont compare well with the earlier seasons and its the same with american horror show...i loved asylum but the last 2 have been not so good. and just becasue i dont watch it dont mean i wont post anymore :)