Fortitude on Sky Atlantic

Comments

• DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch tonights episode of Forktitude, what the fork?!
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    CatsRule wrote: »
    Shirley! I watched that thro my fingers. :o Things starting to get a bit more interesting.

I couldn't watch at all. The most gruesome thing I have ever seen, even before I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears. What the hell is going on!
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are five minutes away at this stage from Mulder and Scully showing up !!
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes! :o
    Great episode :)
    Starting to play on my mind... The wait for the next episode feels longer each week now.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    What the heck was that?
    Forum Member
    This is definitely growing more interesting .glad I kept watching
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just been musing..

If the strange actions of the murders are down to being in contact with the mammoth and breathing in some airborne virus that it's giving off then the reason why Ronnie and Jason don't appear to have been affected could be down to them both being miners and having miners lung/respiratory problems common to miners.
    Though Ronnie's little girl was briefly near the mammoth remains too so not sure about her. Hmmmm mysterious and intriguing it is.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing on TV.
    Sooooooo challenging.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night, after the daughter who is being force fed by her creepy boyfriend to make her plumper, starting attacking her mother, I realised, I am enjoying virtually no part of this programme. The only character I like/root for is DC Morton, the rest I either don't care about or actively hate. Very little seems to happen, other than a series of infidelities, many of which are in the past. I said to my other half, "That's it, I think I'm out on this, how about you?" "Yup", she agreed, "let's watch another ep of House of Cards".

Hopefully for those still watching Fortitude it will all be worth it, but I think sometimes the people making certain programmes are so caught up in being artistic, or edgy, or clever, or whatever, they forget that viewers actually like to enjoy what is on TV.
  • WSAGWSAG Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Why are people so concerned about there not being any "likeable" characters...for me that doesn't detract from the story one bit.

As for last nights episodes it backs up my earlier post about there being something in Liam's throat whilst he was sat on the counter top, which wasn't there later on.

Something vomitted up to incubate in a warm host. Also it was mentioned that Ecclestone may not have been fully dead when originally found. The Mum is also still alive at the moment at least.

Curioser and curioser.....love it!

Just hope it isnt all a dream....or purgatory!!
  • Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    Yikes! :o
    Great episode :)
    Starting to play on my mind... The wait for the next episode feels longer each week now.

It certainly does! I'm enjoying the intrigue, the mood, the layers of narrative.

Roll on next week :)
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit I thought the 'mammoth sickness' was probably just a red herring up until last night's episode... can't see what else it could be now though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WSAG wrote: »
    Why are people so concerned about there not being any "likeable" characters...for me that doesn't detract from the story one bit.

As for last nights episodes it backs up my earlier post about there being something in Liam's throat whilst he was sat on the counter top, which wasn't there later on.

Something vomitted up to incubate in a warm host. Also it was mentioned that Ecclestone may not have been fully dead when originally found. The Mum is also still alive at the moment at least.

Curioser and curioser.....love it!

Just hope it isnt all a dream....or purgatory!!

I was thinking suspended in limbo too!
    No sense of space or time...nothingness.
    The town doesnt seem "real" and the people even less "real".
    Not "Life on Mars" perhaps, but definitely "life on hold"!

What was taken out of the body? If vital organs are missing but they are still breathing,then what are they?
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the infected will turn back to 'normal' after they get over the virus, the kid doesn't seem to have, but he's been unconscious most of the time.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm I am back to suspecting Sophie Grobel's character. She is threatened by two people in her own office, Charlie and then the doctor in last night's episode. BOTH end up being filleted !! She co-incidentally was absent from the party while everyone else was in the pub. Did she head off to do something dastardly to the daughter which sent her on a fork frenzy. Is the mammoth a red herring ?? Just seems odd that the two people challenging her authority end up being eliminated !
  • blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Well, well , well :o:o
    It's weird, it's creepy , it's gruesome and .... I can't wait for the next episode
    A town full of strange and downright creepy characters set in an eerie frozen place in the back of beyond , we love it in our house but then OH and I loved Twin Peaks when it was originally shown .
    I don't know if it's the 'mammoth' or the strange teacher/feeder .
    Roll on next Thursday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WSAG wrote: »

+1
    ..I'm glad someone else has been irritated by some people saying this.
    I don't understand the correlation of the viewer needing to like or relate to a character in a program in order for them to be able to enjoy it :confused:
    Forum Member
    +1
    ..I'm glad someone else has been irritated by some people saying this.
    I don't understand the correlation of the viewer needing to like or relate to a character in a program in order for them to be able to enjoy it :confused:

Would be interested to know if you are both male. .not being rude asking that..im female and have commented on not feeling any warmth or connection to anyone. .
    The movies I choose to watch are emotional (good and bad) usually eg tyrannosaur, , never let me go. .where my sympathy, hate, love is stirred up by the characters. .my husbands choice is action movies. .which rarely spends time getting to know the characters..I couldn't give a fig who gets killed in them.
    It really isn't strange to want to relate or feel warmth for characters in a drama. .it is almost essential to me.
    That said intrigue is keeping me watching ans unusually I am enjoying this. .would just enjoy it more with a few smiles!
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it this morning.I'm glad i wasn't eating anything while watching the last few minutes of the episode.It really was a WTF moment.Looking forward to next weeks episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Would be interested to know if you are both male. .not being rude asking that..im female and have commented on not feeling any warmth or connection to anyone. .
    The movies I choose to watch are emotional (good and bad) usually eg tyrannosaur, , never let me go. .where my sympathy, hate, love is stirred up by the characters. .my husbands choice is action movies. .which rarely spends time getting to know the characters..I couldn't give a fig who gets killed in them.
    It really isn't strange to want to relate or feel warmth for characters in a drama. .it is almost essential to me.
    That said intrigue is keeping me watching ans unusually I am enjoying this. .would just enjoy it more with a few smiles!

Well that is kind of rude/cheeky if you think about it, though I've not taken offence ;-)
    Thing is..I'm just like you in terms of loving movies which are character driven/studies. I also love very emotional and moving films. I actually dislike and steer well clear of what I guess you would consider a 'blokes' film.
    However as I said above I don't get the reasoning of not being able to enjoy watching something unless I actually like or relate to the people in it. You can still enjoy watching complex and even unpleasant characters inside of an intriguing storyline.
    Forum Member
    Well that is kind of rude/cheeky if you think about it, though I've not taken offence ;-)
    Thing is..I'm just like you in terms of loving movies which are character driven/studies. I also love very emotional and moving films. I actually dislike and steer well clear of what I guess you would consider a 'blokes' film.
    However as I said above I don't get the reasoning of not being able to enjoy watching something unless I actually like or relate to the people in it. You can still enjoy watching complex and even unpleasant characters inside of an intriguing storyline.

Not really rude. .There are very few blokes I know that would rest the channel on a chick flick if they had the remote control in their hand..just like none of my female friends have ever commented on jean Claude van damme movies!..no shame in any of that. .
    I am enjoying this but do prefer character driven dramas..I don't mind dark, , violent or a bit gruesome but it's more exciting if you have a few characters you actually like and don't want to die!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Not really rude. .There are very few blokes I know that would rest the channel on a chick flick if they had the remote control in their hand..just like none of my female friends have ever commented on jean Claude van damme movies!..no shame in any of that. .
    I am enjoying this but do prefer character driven dramas..I don't mind dark, , violent or a bit gruesome but it's more exciting if you have a few characters you actually like and don't want to die!

Your hanging around with the wrong blokes then ;-)
    I get what your saying.
    I warm towards the big cuddly polar bear :D
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in with this series to the end. No question.

The acting is very good, the scenery is breathtaking and the puzzle is .... puzzling.

I could have done with the 'I vomit on your intestines' scene being a little less graphic though.:o
    Forum Member
    Your hanging around with the wrong blokes then ;-)
    I get what your saying.
    I warm towards the big cuddly polar bear :D

Well I do live in a very male household. .married for 25 years with 3 sons..2 of them now adults..I have got experience of a variety of males with their friends coming over aswell..I've never ever seen them choose the type of film I'd choose to watch.

The polar bear was cute..but my eldest son is a zoo keeper so seen cuter x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way the writer made this episode seem really ordinary ( the most ordinary episode so far without any weirdness) and then bang! the final lurid moments like a B horror movie.
    The contrast was stunning.
    He keeps us on edge. We have no idea if this is horror genre, science fiction, supernatural, psychological drama, cop noir.........brilliant as it twists and turns from one to the other!

Best thing since True Detective.