Options

That bin there, That bin there....

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
"Just tell her That bin there, That bin there...."

I think there is going to be more to that phrase than meets the eye....

Comments

• Options
    MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whys that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whys that?

Dunno, I watched the scene again, and the way Donna says it - really pronounced like she's getting the message through to the viewer as well as rose

Also, it was a bizarre choice of words too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Also, it was a bizarre choice of words too...

I thought so too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Because of the sonic pen in the other bin! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just occurred to me, but doesn't Donna's mom say something like: "and the funny trick with the bin" in TSS when she is reaming Donna about the car?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thete wrote: »
    Just occurred to me, but doesn't Donna's mom say something like: "and the funny trick with the bin" in TSS when she is reaming Donna about the car?

yeah she did - Im telling you there's more to it than meets the eye!!! ;)
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The funny trick is that she dumped her car keys in it and then disappeared. Hardly normal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I dont think there's more to the bin really, but I think the sonic pen is gonna make a come back
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    it's going to come to life in the finale with mickey being spat out of it ala Rose as the latest auton invasion starts up again. now that would be funny!
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're reading way too much into it, panda, there's nothing significant about the bin, no matter how much some conspiracy theorists may be wishing now that it turns out to be the Rani's TARDIS.

Donna's mum did get the keys. The 'funny trick' line that Thete is referring to, whatever the actual wording, was only her comment on what a daft action it was dropping them there. Personally I'd have put them in the exhaust pipe or something.

I agree with 11th that the sonic pen must have some relevance later. That was far too blasé an action on the Doctor's part.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    How did her mum find the keys?
    Rose had disappeared, so who told her???:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Donna told her mum that they would be in a bin... she just asked Rose to tell Sylvia WHICH bin... "That bin there!"

I think the emphasis on the words when spoken were to draw attention from a very familiar character's back... the first time I didnt notice it was Rose until she turned around... now when i watch it, because I know the story, im not listening so much and looking for hidden stuff and its so obviously Rose!

The emphasis CT put on the sentence DOES draw attention to her, not to the stranger she's talking to (Rose)

11thDoc :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Donna told her mum that they would be in a bin... she just asked Rose to tell Sylvia WHICH bin... "That bin there!"

And therein is the potential, although overall I think 11th Doc is right on, for a mystery because we see the Doc toss the Nanny's sonic screwdriver in a bin. I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvia found it and in the grand save the universe (again!) finale it comes into play, even comedically given that it is a set-up in Donna's family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    And therein is the potential, although overall I think 11th Doc is right on, for a mystery because we see the Doc toss the Nanny's sonic screwdriver in a bin. I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvia found it and in the grand save the universe (again!) finale it comes into play, even comedically given that it is a set-up in Donna's family.

No that bin was in a different place. I'm sure Donna mentioned the street the car had been left. Not sure Mummy would have tried every bin in London, or goodness know what else she might have found. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Slug wrote: »
    No that bin was in a different place. I'm sure Donna mentioned the street the car had been left. Not sure Mummy would have tried every bin in London, or goodness know what else she might have found. :eek:

Good point!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still - how rude of Rose not to pass on Donna's message!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm still convinced theres more to it than shown so far - the funny trick with the bin and the keys line her mum uses.
    perhaps when looking for the keys they aren't there one moment (donna et al having gone back in time and needed them) and suddenly they are (alternate universe thing perhaps - maybe (and i'm sorry to ramble) Rose's universe is colliding with ours seeping through etc and the bins are transposed one minute and not the next) aka funny trick with bin.

of course this all leads to my messy guess at all season arc and enemy ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still convinced theres more to it than shown so far - the funny trick with the bin and the keys line her mum uses.
    perhaps when looking for the keys they aren't there one moment (donna et al having gone back in time and needed them) and suddenly they are (alternate universe thing perhaps - maybe (and i'm sorry to ramble) Rose's universe is colliding with ours seeping through etc and the bins are transposed one minute and not the next) aka funny trick with bin.

of course this all leads to my messy guess at all season arc and enemy ......

No no no! :rolleyes:

It's like "that silly stunt you pulled with the keys". Just a turn of phrase that means it wasn't the cleverest thing to do. If she'd mentioned a silly stunt it wouldn't mean Donna shoved them up her nose then coughed them out. It would mean she's thrown them in the bin! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    i remeber sylvia saying something like" its just one of her tricks/jokes " when donna dissapeared from her wedding in the xmas episode, like thats something someone can do no problem. or like something she does ?
  • Options
    MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Still - how rude of Rose not to pass on Donna's message!!

LOL I thought that for a second, I was like oh Rose you just ignored Donnas message.. What a ****ing Liberty :p
  • Options
    Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL I thought that for a second, I was like oh Rose you just ignored Donnas message.. What a ****ing Liberty :p
    Yeah, I was thinking that too.