This has probably been covered before.....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just wondered if someone could explain what was meant on wiki about the Doctor not being a normal TL.

I have summarised a few ideas I have my self, without knowledge of the series this was mentioned in....

1. He has his own TV show as the star and the others are bit players.

2. He gets himself in some pickles.

3. He has witty banter

4. He seems to dig humanity and loave it.

5. He's a Time Human or Human Lord

6. He's an alien and although the others are, he has had an array of interesting actors playing him.

7. It's Not called Meddling Monk Who

8. The ladies love the Doctor

9. As shown by Jack, so do the Ladies....

10. He's a tad more mercifull than the rest.

11. He always seems to be right and ended the Time War and stuff whereas the others died, apart from the coward Master.

What is the real reason he is different, anyone care to shed some light???

Maybe it's that he's got a daughter called Jenny, the only Time Lord to have a daughter called Jenny. Or he's the youngest! He did say he knew what it was like for Lukey boy in the Sontarans episode.

Anyway Ill leave it to you lot to fill me in!

Comments

• Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lot to do with the last series of the McCoy's Doctor.

In order to reintroduce some of the mystery from when the programme first started, it was hinted that there was a darker side to the Doctor.

In Time Lord History it was accepted that there were two beings who founded the civilisation and gave them the ability to Time Travel - Rassilon and Omega.

However during The Rememberance Of The Daleks the Doctor wastalking about the Hand Of Omega and said "Didn't we have trouble with the Prototype" and then corrected himself. This gives the impression that he was a third member of the founders of The Time Lord Society.

There were other hint's dropped throughout other stories such as the question of the living metal - Validium - The Gods Of Ragnarok and how he originally met and defeated Fenric.

This was all supposed to be developed in Series 27 using the so call Cartmel Masterplan but as the series was cancelled it never happened.

These themes were developed in the books during 1990's but there is always a debate as whether they are canon or not. (A bit like the war between the Sontaran's and Rutan's - a debate that seems to have been raging for 50,000 years :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Kinda ready for discussion in the thread entitled "The Cartmel Masterplan"

11thDoc :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the key difference seems to be the time lords follow some rules similar to the prime directive, they dont (allegedly) believe in interfering with history, even to combat great evil...

They've been know to break that rule now and then... But usually it comes back to the time lords could solve everything, but won't.

Whereas the doctor sees it as his role to help anyone who needs it, and fight evil in all forms. He also finds time lord life boring.