Where was Prince Harry at the Opening Ceremony?

potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
He was supposed to attend as he is an ambassador.

Hope he isn't still in hiding after the photo incident.

Comments

• MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    No he wasnt, it was announced days ago he wouldnt attend. Same reason that a number of other major royals werent there. There was never a plan for them all to attend
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    No he wasnt, it was announced days ago he wouldnt attend. Same reason that a number of other major royals werent there. There was never a plan for them all to attend

I only ask as I saw yesterday in the DM and Telegraph that he will attend as he is ambassador and it will be his first public event since the photos so I was hoping he hadn't changed his mind due to that!
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,424
    Forum Member
    Him and 'Phil The Greek' were out on a 'bender' :)
  • emcrawemcraw Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    He couldn't find a thing to wear :p:o
  • Johanna_RobertsJohanna_Roberts Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote: »
    I only ask as I saw yesterday in the DM and Telegraph that he will attend as he is ambassador and it will be his first public event since the photos so I was hoping he hadn't changed his mind due to that!
    They announced that he'd be attendin events at the Paralympics. The Mail and Telegraph must have got carried away with themselves and decided it meant he'd be at the opening ceremony..
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    They announced that he'd be attendin events at the Paralympics. The Mail and Telegraph must have got carried away with themselves and decided it meant he'd be at the opening ceremony..

They probably did ! :)
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm he does have a job and as we have all noticed, he has been on holiday. I imagine he is back at work for a bit...
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would have been there had it not been for Vegas. He was there for the Olympics opening sat with William and Kate, so why wouldn't he attend the Paralympics one too?
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might have been seen as bad form in some circles, plus the ceremony was about the paralympics and not him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to think he was running naked down Stratford High Street. He yearns to be free of the tyranny of clothing these days, now he's experienced the thrill of the breeze between his cheeks. ;)
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to think he was running naked down Stratford High Street. He yearns to be free of the tyranny of clothing these days, now he's experienced the thrill of the breeze between his cheeks. ;)

The breeze wouldn't be the only thing between his cheeks if he ran naked through Stratford.:o:D:D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was asked not to go in case his clothes fell off while running 200m round the track.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    He was asked not to go in case his clothes fell off while running 200m round the track.

Think about it - athletic young women in wheelchairs at genitalia height - would you trust him ??

Same reason Russell Brand was miming at the closing ceremony - would you trust him with a live mic ?
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    security were well briefed to keep any streakers out.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious answer: He's due to deployed to Afghanistan within days so will be involved in last minute preparations and training - in fact, he may already be there such will be the news blackout.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Serious answer: He's due to deployed to Afghanistan within days so will be involved in last minute preparations and training - in fact, he may already be there such will be the news blackout.
    I dont think he is meant to be deployed for a couple of months.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    That's what they want you to think!
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

That'll disappoint the children expecting him to present the awards at an event for the Wellchild charity in Cheltenham next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    That'll disappoint the children expecting him to present the awards at an event for the Wellchild charity in Cheltenham next week.

Being held In london I believe.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear he's finally going to work, although i doubt he will be in Afghanistan when it is widely thought he will be. Too risky, he will be there some time before or after.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zulu17 wrote: »
    Being held In london I believe.

So it is. A bit nearer Afghanistan than Cheltenham.:D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will attend some events but even if he was pulled from attending the opening cerenmony then that was a good idea, if he had have been there all the media would have been full of him and not the actual paralympians and ceremony as it should be.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be in Heat 2 of the 100m, Category Naked.