The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Might as well join in........

Horse walks into a bar, barman says 'Sorry mate we don't serve food in here.' :D

or

Told my mate I had a hot date with an Italian Stallion - sounds a lot better than saying I'm sitting at home eating a Findus Lasagne for one. :p:o:o

:D:D:D:D - must say, I have NEVER had ready-made lasagne. I make a very good one myself and it takes very little time (I freeze my home-made tomato sauce - with and without meat - which I mince myself)!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all.

Glorious sunny day - crocuses, little irises and snowdrops out and I see a couple of tulips bursting to say hello.

Feet not good but I've got them up.

Friends from London just came - they thought we were going to lunch today - we aren't going until the 17 March! They had a coffee and then left!!!!

Had a lovely day in London. Met with friends and then went to Fortnum and Mason and then came home.

Off to London tomorrow. Lunch with friends on Tuesday and a friend coming down for the weekend (she is making curtains for us).

Busy, busy.

I am so pleased that John sent the tweet. I hope all goes well for the recipient.
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty to read back which was nice to see. :)

What a lovely message from John to Ann, nice to see he is keeping an eye on what's going on. I would like to add my best wishes to Ann also and wish here a speedy recovery.

I'm like you georgy, we don't bother with valentines, haven't done for years and years. Infact, I didn't even realise it was valentines day until I read back on here. It's like that old joke, I told you I loved you the day we got married, if anything changes I'll let you know. :D

We're also loving The Following with Kevin Bacon, it's our new 24. Thoroughly enjoyed Last Resort but that's been cancelled, though thankfully they did at least give us a proper ending unlike Alcatraz, Terra Nova, etc etc. Getting thoroughly fed up getting into a series only for them to cancel it. Waiting for the return of Touch with Keifer Sutherland and Falling Skies. In the meantime I watch Murdoch Mysteries, Castle, Bones and Hawaii Five O.

From this side of the pond I love Death in Paradise (beautiful scenery and Ben Miller who always makes me laugh), Lewis, (think that may have been the final series) :( Midsomer Murders (last outing for Sgt Ben Jones) :( and I'm waiting for the new series of Endevour and the follow up to Marchlands; Lightfields, which they're now trailing.

Looking for something like Friends though is really hard, I loved Two and a Half Men when it first started but haven't seen it for ages now. For me it has to be Outnumbered which they're reshowing on Gold at the moment.

No wonder my Sky+ is chockablock, gonna take a month of Sundays to plough through that lot or several days at the ironing board (and believe me there's plenty there). :eek::o

As for my beloved Arsenal......:(:cry::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D - must say, I have NEVER had ready-made lasagne. I make a very good one myself and it takes very little time (I freeze my home-made tomato sauce - with and without meat - which I mince myself)!

Me neither, also make my own.

I've been saying for ages if you read the back of the packets everything has a large helping of garlic, which I have maintained for years is used to cover up what is going into the product. :mad:

On my hobby horse now.....I HATE garlic and it hates me!! I have actually moved seats on public transport as someone next to me has breathed out and made me heave. :eek:

Your garden sounds lovely nyannie. There are little shoots appearing here and there, I have a fair bit of green as we have mostly evergreens in our garden (saves all that clearing up during autumn and winter) but we've had sooo much rain everything is bedraggled.

Have a great day everyone. :)
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Plenty to read back which was nice to see. :)

What a lovely message from John to Ann, nice to see he is keeping an eye on what's going on. I would like to add my best wishes to Ann also and wish here a speedy recovery.

I'm like you georgy, we don't bother with valentines, haven't done for years and years. Infact, I didn't even realise it was valentines day until I read back on here. It's like that old joke, I told you I loved you the day we got married, if anything changes I'll let you know. :D

We're also loving The Following with Kevin Bacon, it's our new 24. Thoroughly enjoyed Last Resort but that's been cancelled, though thankfully they did at least give us a proper ending unlike Alcatraz, Terra Nova, etc etc. Getting thoroughly fed up getting into a series only for them to cancel it. Waiting for the return of Touch with Keifer Sutherland and Falling Skies. In the meantime I watch Murdoch Mysteries, Castle, Bones and Hawaii Five O.

From this side of the pond I love Death in Paradise (beautiful scenery and Ben Miller who always makes me laugh), Lewis, (think that may have been the final series) :( Midsomer Murders (last outing for Sgt Ben Jones) :( and I'm waiting for the new series of Endevour and the follow up to Marchlands; Lightfields, which they're now trailing.

Looking for something like Friends though is really hard, I loved Two and a Half Men when it first started but haven't seen it for ages now. For me it has to be Outnumbered which they're reshowing on Gold at the moment.

No wonder my Sky+ is chockablock, gonna take a month of Sundays to plough through that lot or several days at the ironing board (and believe me there's plenty there). :eek::o

As for my beloved Arsenal......:(:cry::o

I shed a tear for Arsenal this morning.

I too loved Lewis (it was the last series - Laurence Fox wants to break into Hollywood) and I love The Good Wife and Nashville (so far), Dancing on the Edge and Death in Paradise - perfect for an evening.

I hate it when all the fine British actors go to Hollywood and make incredibly mediocre films or TV there. Look at Ion Gryffds - hardly hear of him these days.

Forgot to mention that we saw Denis Lawson yesterday when we had lunch. He is quite short!

Incidentally, just tried to look at YouTube and it kept freezing - do you have to join YouTube now? Internet connection is working!
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    oh thank you twitter...

Ive found a new music show from Colin Murray......on radio 6 music.......called soundscape.

and it links into my previous fascination for Fame Academy, cos if I hadnt watched that , I wouldnt have known who he was...and of course my fascination for BB3....cos he used to present on RISE ....the morning channel 4 show..after the Big Breakfast....

I know how much he loves footbsll, but I used to love his shows on Radio 1... He had the abiltity to introduce me to music and musicians I loved......
    Forum Member
    I shed a tear for Arsenal this morning.

I too loved Lewis (it was the last series - Laurence Fox wants to break into Hollywood) and I love The Good Wife and Nashville (so far), Dancing on the Edge and Death in Paradise - perfect for an evening.

I hate it when all the fine British actors go to Hollywood and make incredibly mediocre films or TV there. Look at Ion Gryffds - hardly hear of him these days.

Forgot to mention that we saw Denis Lawson yesterday when we had lunch. He is quite short!

Incidentally, just tried to look at YouTube and it kept freezing - do you have to join YouTube now? Internet connection is working!

oh I like Denis Lawson.......
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Off to London this morning. Hope my feet hold out.

Have a good day.

There is something very odd going on with my computer. Hope I can get my husband to sort it out or I won't be on much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Have a good day.

There is something very odd going on with my computer. Hope I can get my husband to sort it out or I won't be on much.

Morning everyone, another lovely sunny day. :)

Enjoy your day nyannie, feet up when you get home.

Technology, a wonderful thing when it works. :rolleyes:
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Have a good day.

Good Evening JJat

hope you had a lovely time in London,
    and the Weather was so good :D

And Lena, bblover and Nyannie
    i feel your pain with Arsenal :o
    well that how i usually feel
    but not this weekend
    we WON 5 - 0 :D

THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL :p:D:p:D
    Forum Member
    evening all......

glad you won the football Georgy....

nyannie how are your feet?

busy day today....im meant to be going to a keep fit class with my daughter in a minute...

I keep telling myself ...its good to be busy.....

or is it????
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    evening all......

glad you won the football Georgy....

nyannie how are your feet?

busy day today....im meant to be going to a keep fit class with my daughter in a minute...

I keep telling myself ...its good to be busy.....

or is it????

yippeeee keep fit :p
    swing your legs in the air
    but don,t touch your toes
    this can hurt :o:D

always good, to keep busy
    unless its cleaning :(
    then i,m quite happy....... to give it a miss :cool:
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Good Evening JJat

hope you had a lovely time in London,
    and the Weather was so good

And Lena, bblover and Nyannie
    i feel your pain with Arsenal :o
    well that how i usually feel
    but not this weekend
    we WON 5 - 0 :D

THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL :p:D:p:D

Fab, wasn't it? :D

And I've recently discovered the LFC TV Channel - used to be subscription only but is now free on Sky - channel 429. I sat and watched the Swansea match in its entirety tonight, even though I'd seen the highlights last night on MOTD! :o

I feel for Arsene Wenger too...he seems to be under a lot of pressure :cry: Though I know some fans have run out of patience and don't feel for him any more.....:(
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Something still odd with the computer. Having to use webmail!

My feet are BAD!!!!! Won't be doing too much today.

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine - evidently more cold weather on the way!
    Forum Member
    its a beautiful frosty day here......

started to read Gone Girl which seems quite good....need to keep my diary clear today, we have a dog trainer coming round to train the dalmation....my duaghters idea...

im quite happy to go along with it...our issue at the moment is he pulls whilst out on the lead...he comes back ok, and is friendly enough...but extended arms arent much fun. (he has this nose gadget thing, like a halti, i use when I take him, but he doesnt like it .

the trouble is....as ive explained to her .....im not the one responsible for spending hours training him....she is.....but if he can be trained with minimal effort from me...I will be happy.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Something still odd with the computer. Having to use webmail!

My feet are BAD!!!!! Won't be doing too much today.

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine - evidently more cold weather on the way!

Morning nyannie

Sorry to hear your feet are so bad....rest up and I hope they're a bit better soon :)
    Forum Member
    its a beautiful frosty day here......

started to read Gone Girl which seems quite good....need to keep my diary clear today, we have a dog trainer coming round to train the dalmation....my duaghters idea...

im quite happy to go along with it...our issue at the moment is he pulls whilst out on the lead...he comes back ok, and is friendly enough...but extended arms arent much fun. (he has this nose gadget thing, like a halti, i use when I take him, but he doesnt like it .

the trouble is....as ive explained to her .....im not the one responsible for spending hours training him....she is.....but if he can be trained with minimal effort from me...I will be happy.

Good luck with this Augusta :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone, sunny again but frosty first thing. :)

As you say nyannie, more cold weather on the way. Forecasting snow down here for Thursday night. :(

Sorry to hear your feet are bad nyannie, try and keep them up today. Hope they're feeling better soon.

Waiting for my sister to arrive at the moment. She did the first forty eight miles of her journey in just under an hour, but the last eight miles that should have taken her about fifteen mins has taken over an hour and half so far! :eek:

The dual carriageway is being resurfaced and she's been bumper to bumper since 10am.

Like all good roadworks they've now put a 'diversion ends' sign up and left her abandoned in the middle of nowhere and still bumper to bumper!!! :eek::mad:

Have a good day evryone. :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all, hoping you are all well xx
    Forum Member
    well while I am here I can tell you all about my day with the latest dog trainer...

He was absolutely brilliant and had the dog behaving perfectly.....now we all need to learn how to do it as well.

what a busy day today has been, ive barely had time to check the news and see what on earth has been happening.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Hope we are all OK this morning. Brrrrrr very cold.

Have to start cleaning as I've a friend coming for the weekend. Can't find the small brush for my vacuum cleaner to do ceilings and skirting board. Will have to improvise I think.

Just paid over £90 for a trip to Giverny - they charged £2.50 for credit card booking - why? Ridiculous!

Anyway, best get off - o/h grumpy this morning.

Have a lovely day everyone.
    Forum Member
    that is a lot of money, to get into giverny, was that just for 1 person? even for 2 people that is pretty expensive......:eek:

Im about to take dog out for morning walk.......hopefully last night will have transformed him dramatically, and he will work beautifully..........and pigs may yet fly :)

see you all later xx
    Forum Member
    so ive cleaned upstairs thoroughly ....so far..........I kept finding things like the wardrobes with too many things just thrown inside !!!

This spring cleaning lark ...is a lot harder than it looks.....
    Forum Member
    so ive cleaned upstairs thoroughly ....so far..........I kept finding things like the wardrobes with too many things just thrown inside !!!

This spring cleaning lark ...is a lot harder than it looks.....

It certainly is - and very unrewarding! I have just cleaned the spare room as a friend coming for the weekend. Have to go shopping and have lunch with a friend and then tackle the bathrooms - UGH!!! Everything looks nice until someone actually goes into the room!

Well, my friend and I have just paid for a trip to Giverny during our Paris trip - I think I may have been able to do it cheaper than the package - and the extra charges really annoy me! We will get museum pass and hop on/hop off when we get there. Hopefully exchange rate will be better by the time we go.

Just realized - we are on page 137 - when will we get a shiny new thread? Oh well.

Very very cold out - think I'll have to put on my thermals - charming thought!
    Forum Member
    ive just finished my first reading of GONE GIRL.....Its a brilliant brilliant thriller, so full of twists and turns. Its by Gillian Flinn. Its one of those stories that you cant really describe cos if you do you will give away the story.....

but its written 2 handedly between a husband and wife...Amy and Nick. its set in middle america, Amy disappears on the morning of their 5 th wedding anniversary and the book is the story of the search for her.

Amy is a psychology major/writer and her husband is a normal run of the mill average, good looking guy..who was a writer and who now runs a bar with his twin sister.

I dont think it will destroy the story, if I say Amy has a very keen sense of justice, cant bear to be wronged, and she has a very manipulative ways of getting back at anyone who upsets her. So the book is a fascinating study of how and why people do things....And its a very clever detective story/thriller.

Ive read it once, and know the story, now im going to go back to look at some of the details.!!
This discussion has been closed.