Text on 3 / 4

124»

Comments

• chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    BTW Sky Text (LCN 206) is from http://tvtext.tv/about/

I think that's the Sky Text on Sky, as the Freeview one was made by S&T.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sholuld you wish to contact A&N Mobile &TV, use the address on LCN 201 page 288 subpage 28/30, omitting "Holidays TV" and replacing holidaystv with mobile in the email address.

As chrisy helpfully pointed out elswhere, the email address for Sky Text is skytext@bskyb.com
    Forum Member
    ITV now have a message under the TEXT button which advises Text on ITV has closed, and Holidays TV is on 201. ITV must have received quite a few calls about it for them to do this!

C4, More4 and C4+1 still have some data service attached to them (doesn't do anything though). I thought it was just they hadn't got round to clearing it off properly, however I notice that E4+1 and 4seven are now showing as having a data service attached to them too (again, it does nothing). Curiously Film4 doesn't, despite being on the same mux as 4seven.

Probably nothing, but might indicate C4 are going to put their own MHEG back on their channels.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    It's also on STV, complete with the ITV logo :)
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    C4, More4 and C4+1 still have some data service attached to them (doesn't do anything though). I thought it was just they hadn't got round to clearing it off properly, however I notice that E4+1 and 4seven are now showing as having a data service attached to them too (again, it does nothing). Curiously Film4 doesn't, despite being on the same mux as 4seven.

Do you mean the PID 8000 data streams? If so you can add ITV2 +1, ITV3 and ITV4 to the list, no idea what they are for.
    Forum Member
    jj20x wrote: »
    Do you mean the PID 8000 data streams? If so you can add ITV2 +1, ITV3 and ITV4 to the list, no idea what they are for.

I guess I do, as they show as TEXT here too. Seems slightly random.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I guess I do, as they show as TEXT here too. Seems slightly random.
    Can be used for retune pop-up messages by Digital UK?
  • pinballmadpinballmad Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    i try all the txt on itv notice came up 2nd time all itv,itv2,itv3,itv4 & itv+1,ITV2+1 & Ch4,Ch4+1 &E4, E4+1 & More4 all gone now in the winter hill area
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that the Channel 3 and Channel 4 compnies are thining through having a license for their own needs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typo! I meant thinking through.

I wonder how much trade Holidays TV has been missing the past five or six weeks since Text on 3 / Text on 4 closed down.

Pretty MHEG under Text on itv, though: thanks to chris for the heads up.:)
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    Can be used for retune pop-up messages by Digital UK?

Possibly, but they've never done those on the commercial muxes before, and why miss ITV+1 and ITV2?
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly, but they've never done those on the commercial muxes before, and why miss ITV+1 and ITV2?

A mystery, but it wouldn't be difficult to link the data stream to any channel it isn't currently linked to, should it be needed.

There's also a data stream on the D3&4 mux which isn't linked to any of the broadcast transport streams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/032013 now agrees that Associated Newspapers Ltd has the license Television Licensable Content Service Licence for Text on itv (sic) and the Digital Television Additional Service Licence for Teletext (sic) on 4.

At last ...
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Text on ITV licence has been handed back.

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/042013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The TLCS for (Tele)Text on Channel 4 had been handed back too - same reference.

http://www.anmobiletv.co.uk/about-us/the-team/ 's west circle on a Mr Jason Christian and http://www.channel4.com/teletext have not been updated accordingly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV now have a message under the TEXT button which advises Text on ITV has closed, and Holidays TV is on 201. ITV must have received quite a few calls about it for them to do this!

Probably nothing, but might indicate C4 are going to put their own MHEG back on their channels.

ITV Viewer Services say,
    Thank you for your email regarding the caption on the Text button on ITV via Freeview.

The caption is a holding caption which will be withdrawn at some time in the future as ITV no longer operates text services. I am not aware of any plans to make changes to the wording on the caption. Viewers using ‘relay’ stations are already likely to be aware that they receive a ‘Freeview Lite’ service and do not have access to all channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holding Caption has gone entirely.

Now if only Channel 4 would delete its
    http://www.channel4.com/teletext webpage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Ten months ago. Time flies.

... And Channel 4 did eventually pull the webpage. The AN Mobile site has had a big overhaul.

WHY THE BUMP?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought to look back on the Digital Text goodbyes of the year.