Options

Ever feel too ugly to face the world?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman looking the OP up and down may not have been doing it in a sneering, disdainful way, she may have thought she recognised him, or she could have been a bit eccentric, who knows?

Don't get fixated on your looks. Make the best of what you have, and sod the rest. Being personable, friendly and approachable is good. Being smart and funny is cool too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    At the moment, yes I do
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humans come in a myriad of shapes, sizes, colours, abilities, disabilities, perfections and deformities. People who make judgements of others based on how they look usually do so because of their own insecurities and to make themselves feel better.

My husband and I often get stared at but we don't mind, we're individually odd - he is 6' 4", Jamaican, nice bod but the 'hardest' face you've ever seen (he's a pussycat), no-one'll ever sit next to him on the bus...., I'm white, a foot shorter than him, purple hair and still wear tight jeans, rock band Ts and too much jewellery (I'm looking 60 squarely in the face - but can pass for 40 on a good day ;-).

Individually we know people look and judge - together we know they often have a good laugh. Good! Let 'em enjoy themselves. A few years ago when I was 3 stone heavier I used to get comments and sneers for being fat, people who want to be mean will always find something to say. Stuff 'em, sad b******s.

One thing I'm sure of is that if I'm walking along with Gn'R at full volume on my iPod and a smile on my face I'm having a much happier time than the petty minded sad sack who's judging me for it :D