EPG music!!!!
    I must be going deaf.

Oh wait... Services > System Setup > Sound Setup
    Background Music OFF

:D
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    HAHA!! yep. I never have to listen to that rubbish. When will they update it so you can watch a channel and view the EPG at the same time? does my head in the way it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I like it. Needs a change every couple of years.
  • Options
    Captain WCaptain W Posts: 4,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA!! yep. I never have to listen to that rubbish. When will they update it so you can watch a channel and view the EPG at the same time? does my head in the way it is.

Yes, it's planned for the NEW/NEXT EPG but it will depend what boxes support it - nothing has been announced as yet, so no more info I'm afraid - unless some 'in the know employee' wants to come out of the shadows and give us a little info.

BTW, I didn't mean 'in the know' (who is a poster on here) should tell us - if this makes any sense. It's getting late :sleep:
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    Captain W wrote: »
    Yes, it's planned for the NEW/NEXT EPG but it will depend what boxes support it - nothing has been announced as yet, so no more info I'm afraid - unless some 'in the know employee' wants to come out of the shadows and give us a little info.

BTW, I didn't mean 'in the know' (who is a poster on here) should tell us - if this makes any sense. It's getting late :sleep:

i'm still up. Gonna suffer for it but hey i know how you feel anyway. Did something stupid and overwrote a webpage so have to stay up late and redo it. good job I have plenty of lucozade. Anyway I digress The sooner they change it the better. Though I may get Sky+ in a few months so may not be any point getting a new standard box.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new music is shite. No other way to put it. It was never Mozart to begin with but now its just odd.
  • Options
    AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He he.... I was waiting to see one of these threads pop up :)

Terran
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just music. I heard someone singing (not not a proper song but not far off) with the music like a normal radio station. Then weird funk music again. Makes a nice change for before.
  • Options
    digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I heard that one as well! It sounds quite bad really, like it shouldn't be there!
  • Options
    horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the new music. It's much cooler than all the other stuff they used to play. I swear some of the new stuff sounds like Mogwai.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice and funky, and a lot better than the old "voices" tune which got almost as excrutiating as the ITV1 ident music.

Thumbs up from me! :)
  • Options
    Toilet-DuckToilet-Duck Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brokennews wrote: »
    Nice and funky, and a lot better than the old "voices" tune which got almost as excrutiating as the ITV1 ident music.

Thumbs up from me! :)

Same here I like it! Better than the old stuff imo :)
  • Options
    digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    Is anyone going to record it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    thumbs up from me too, upbeat and liking the james bond style track!
  • Options
    Brian DrianBrian Drian Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    There's one that sounds like The Durutti Column too.
    Mogwai, Durutti Column, I'll soon be switching the cd player off and watching (or listening to) the epg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the new EPG will have a channel window somewhere on the screen which will eliminate the need for music as it will be using the channel's audio?

I rather they let us customise the music anyday! Select a radio station to play in the background (i hardly listen to digital radio over my television anyway so why not put the channels to some use)

OR to make it really customisable, allow us to upload stuff to the website/skybox so we can change sounds and backgrounds :D
  • Options
    TelewestkidTelewestkid Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi a new be gental
    i agree all that. i would be good to have an option in services sayin (custom epg music) select up to 30 tracks or more :) just an idea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    track 12 on epg08 is knackerd it only plays for 52sec
    just keeping this tread up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like track 7,8,9,10 mostley