Options

Have you ever been beaten up?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At uni my mate got a beating. We'd just come back to England from a field trip to Iceland (the island not the shop) and had a few drinks before going back to halls.

We heard some shouting and swearing around an alleyway and some local lads started giving it loud to us shouting and swearing the usual 4 letter insults etc. They got my mate and smashed him around the face and head several times with a 2 legged bar stool and kicking him for no reason. We tried to pull them off but they were so drunk and aggressive, I think some thugs from the estate across town.

He had very bad concussion, broken ribs, bruised face, broken wrist. Spent the night in hospital and the next day sleeping it off in the halls. He was not too happy when he woke up to see that 2 legged bar stool nailed to the wall in front of his bed saying Steve's worst headache as students do! It remained in the halls for the 4 years we spent there! The thugs that did it got 60 hrs community service as they were caught on CCTV.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few times.

As a teenager in Tottenham, by some B.N.P thugs, who not only beat me up, but also pissed on me too, at least I was unconscious for that bit..

I also got jumped leaving a gay bar on Old Compton Street, by two guys who were complaining about, "Too many ****."

They didn't take kindly to me suggesting that perhaps they were lost..

I also got into it with some drug dealers, which is a bit of a long story, but basically, they don't particularly like it if you don't pay them.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately yes
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    I have always avoided other people and don't go out after 10 or 11 PM so have avoided beatings thus far. Most of my friends have been hurt though, one was really badly smashed up just a little way from my house and his teeth knocked out. This was at about 2 AM on a Saturday morning so I was sound asleep. Its like the Morlocks come out after a certain time. The dangerous hours.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got kicked and punched by a bunch of skinheads once in my teens.

What I want to ask those who have been beaten up is did it hurt? In my case I didn't feel anything while it was going on - only after they'd gone and it was over.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Yeah!

When I was 17 at the fair, I got separated from my mates and this girl who had been harassing me about a gold chain I had that she wanted and I wouldn't give it to her so suddenly about half a dozen other (older and bigger than me) girls appeared and roughed me up and nicked all my jewellery!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I want to ask those who have been beaten up is did it hurt? In my case I didn't feel anything while it was going on - only after they'd gone and it was over.

Nope. I didn't feel anything during. Felt random twinges, throbs and pangs after the shock and the shakes wore off.

It wasn't until the next day that I felt every bit of it.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got kicked and punched by a bunch of skinheads once in my teens.

Same here, only felt the pain afterwards not at the time. Maybe that's because of the alcohol though.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a few scrapes in my time, but the worst beating I've ever had was when I was 17 when after a night out was attacked by a group of lads on my walk home. They didn't even mug me, just asked me for a cigarette then proceeded to punch me and then stamp on my head when I was on the floor.

Have you ever been attacked randomly or been beaten up?

Yes beaten up, attempted suffocation with any handy suitable object, locked up, anything went and on virtually a daily basis from birth, until I was too strong for my sociopathic mother.
  • Options
    Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, only felt the pain afterwards not at the time. Maybe that's because of the alcohol though.

:D

But seriously I don't think so. When I got hammered I was at work, and the same as you, Takae & droogiefret - felt very little actual pain at the time. Sudden shock I suspect numbs ability to immediately feel pain..or even the degree of fear you would imagine yourself having, just because it's so quick.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

It hurt a lot at the time, but only superficial cuts and bruising. No permanent or serious injuries, e.g. broken bones, as I basically shielded my head with my arms.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got punched by an older girl when I was in my early teens (think I was 13). Was out for the day with 3 other female friends and 4 male friends, and there were 2 older girls nearby, one of whom appeared to fancy one of my male friends. She was staring at him all the time and he started muttering stuff about her, mocking her, which we laughed at. A while later we were in the toilets and in came the 2 girls. My 3 friends did a runner (cheers for that, 'friends':D) and there was just me left there, cornered. The girl had a go at me then punched me twice, the bitch. >:(:D
  • Options
    rusty robotrusty robot Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    No, never.