8 reasons why Corrie at the top of it's game (apparently)

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/11/coronation-street-crisis-reports-are-way-off-8-reasons-the-show-is-on-top-of-its-game-5190588/

Found this article on the Metro. What do you think about this? I think they do have a point when Corrie is still at the top ratings wise, but ratings never usually equal quality.

Comments

• David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even realise Stuart Blackburn was writing articles for The Metro!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid
  • Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And 64% of people from that poll think the show is great right now! :o
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michael coming into his own. ROFL.:D
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they're crazy, if they think in its current state it is on top i'd love to know what they thought when it actually was ? I.e 2003 Mad Maya week. Joke article.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree a lot with this!

I think some people on here take it way over the top with Corrie, it was in a bit of a crisis and I criticised the show like crazy, but I think it's finding its feet again now.

Not all of the storylines are great, and Michael, Callum & the Nazirs aren't exactly fantastic, but you have to look at the positives aswell:

The Jenny Bradley line is fantastic.

Tracy Barlow is a joy to watch.

There's so many great characters like Leanne, Carla, Maria, and a whole bunch of long term characters who will probably never leave like Gail, Ken, Rita and many more...

This week for example has been really enjoyable and despite being unrealistic and poorly directed, the episodes have still been great to watch.

Overall, I think this article speaks a lot of sense:).
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a matter of different taste, I guess.
    I , and all my mates happen to think Corrie is brilliant right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Lol they're crazy, if they think in its current state it is on top i'd love to know what they thought when it actually was ? I.e 2003 Mad Maya week. Joke article.

I think we can all agree 2003/2004 was the last time Corrie was truly golden. But, it's had some great years since then. 2010 & 2013 for example were 2 fantastic years for the show IMO. It may not be at its strongest ATM, but if you think it's at its weakest, I suggest taking a look at the awful 2009 the show had!:o.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm enjoying it for the most part too but I thought last night the dialogue and characterisation was awful.

Liz would never be so cold hearted about amy the way she was last night.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it for the most part too but I thought last night the dialogue and characterisation was awful.

Liz would never be so cold hearted about amy the way she was last night.

I enjoyed the episode last night. Is just the script that was awful. It didn't feel like Corrie at all.
  • emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I think we can all agree 2003/2004 was the last time Corrie was truly golden. But, it's had some great years since then. 2010 & 2013 for example were 2 fantastic years for the show IMO. It may not be at its strongest ATM, but if you think it's at its weakest, I suggest taking a look at the awful 2009 the show had!:o.

Just goes to show how different some opinions are, on the whole I liked 2009. I agree there were some silly storylines but there was a warmth & humour to the writing that just isn't there anymore. 2010 was also good, but 2013 was terrible (in my opinion but I know plenty of people who would agree with u that it was a good year so maybe its just me!)

2009 had its faults but I watched every episode & I laughed during every one at the very intentional comedy scenes. Now I very rarely watch & if I do I end up laughing at the unintentional comedy (such as last nights entire offering)

I agree 100% though 2003/2004 was the last truly golden period
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    Just goes to show how different some opinions are, on the whole I liked 2009. I agree there were some silly storylines but there was a warmth & humour to the writing that just isn't there anymore. 2010 was also good, but 2013 was terrible (in my opinion but I know plenty of people who would agree with u that it was a good year so maybe its just me!)

2009 had its faults but I watched every episode & I laughed during every one at the very intentional comedy scenes. Now I very rarely watch & if I do I end up laughing at the unintentional comedy (such as last nights entire offering)

I agree 100% though 2003/2004 was the last truly golden period

Oh god, Granny McMuttons tantrum was hilarious:D:D:D.

I loved 2013. It just completely & utterly took over EastEnders.

Kirsty/Tyrone, Rovers fire, Karl killing Sunita, David/Kylie/Nick, Roy/Hayley. I just think the show was on fire all year!:p.
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It could be better but I'm enjoying it as well!.