Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 151)

Comments

• Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    kojan wrote: »
    I finally watched last nights E4 and found the Egg stuff really funny, God he's persistent, Brendan thought eh what the heck and Ste's 'Danneh' face :D

I think it was slightly pointless, but like someone mentioned last night, I guess there was a point in Cheryl and Ste seeing it, so we'll just have to see how they react to it. A lot of people are being all 'How can he love Ste and then go off to shag every man he sees' and I'm like :rolleyes: Oh f*ck off :p:D

See, I have no problem in one sense with Brendan going for it with Egg. Like BH said, he's drunk, he's upset, he's angry, he's horny, and the guy he loves is engaged to someone else. Why the hell not?

I do have a problem because Egg was vile (not physically, just, yeah, him, the miserable git), and it's sad that Brendan has to shag people he basically hates and who hate him.

What annoyed me was it was just crap. A bit of pointless OMG drama thrown into the funeral for the sake of it. And like you say, almost funny it was so bad. And Brendan and Ste deserve better plotting than that. But ah well. Things are picking up, right? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello to any newbies. :)

And oh my word, hello Ha'penny Bridge at night.

And the return of the Prague Coat. I know some of you hate it, but it'll be cold, right, it's December, and I've always wanted Brendan to wrap it round Ste, let him come inside for a warm. So I've decided that's definitely what we're getting. :o

What a morning. I feel emotional.

BIB: Swoon. :o

It is basically the Prague fantasy, but in Dublin. Who would have thought it.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'd far rather see Brendan getting it on with someone he actually likes/fancies, who feels the same about him. :)

But nothing actually happened between him and Egg, beyond a bit of a snog on the sofa ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    But he didn't even shag Egg! :p

I really don't understand that mindset, though :confused:

Ste is with Doug, they're going to get married. In Brendan's head, he's accepted that there's no chance, and he thinks it's for the best for Ste anyway.

Do people expect Brendan to renounce men and sex forever, because he can't be with Ste? I can't even begin to figure how their brains work. Crazy!!

eta: I don't see it as Brendan not wanting to use Ste anymore. That isn't even an option at the moment - Ste made that pretty clear when Brendan made a pass the other week ;)

That's true actually, didn't think about that! :)

On the other hand though I can see why some people are upset about it in a way, even though I'm personally not upset by it. I guess people like to believe that Brendan loves Ste so much that he wouldn't want to sleep with anyone else. In a way I guess we are just taking our own assumptions about his character and drawing our own conclusions of why he acts the way he acts/does the things he does. Some people will conclude he can't love Ste if he sleeps with other people without a second thought, whilst some people will find it completely feasible that he would want to when the person he wants is pretty much off limits.

I personally think Brendan sleeps with other people as a coping mechanism, not out of really wanting to. They come onto him, he's upset, therefore he accepts the come on. But that's just my opinion :)

BH
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    That's how I see it, Brendan is single, and Ste is engaged to another guy. Brendan shagging someone else isn't really about love so I really don't get why people are saying stuff like that. It did come from a hardcore Stug fan though, so I'm guessing they were looking for a reason to make Stendan look bad.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Morning.:)

:):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Amethyst.x wrote: »
    Oh god, the frustration when Cheryl walked onto the balcony! :mad: She made me internally groan. I bet Brendan and Ste did too. ;)

I know. It was so annoying cos as far as Brendan/Cheryl scenes go last nights were just beautiful, the almost forgiveness, the “now she looks perfect” (cos no-one knows his sis like our Brendan). But why did she have to go and ruin a perfectly good Stendan one?!
    I guess it's all about interpretation. Some people seethat as Brendan not caring about Ste by sleeping with someone else, whilst I (and probably most Stendan fans who aren't as bothered about seeing Brendan with someone else) would see it as Brendan not wanting to use Ste anymore and keep him at a distance so he goes for Eggy where it is being served up on a plate! I guess it was a combination of the drink, frustration, anger and loneliness.

BH

And the desperation from perpetual Ste eye sex! We all know where Brendan’s mind went as he closed his eyes ;) TBF he hasn't got lucky since the almost kiss - he was probably dying, man like Brendan! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I do find hilarious though, is people already making ship wars. Breoghan vs Stendan on tumblr :D I don't think they know that Eoghan is going back to Ireland today :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    BIB: Swoon. :o

It is basically the Prague fantasy, but in Dublin. Who would have thought it.

Awwww. It is! The Prague fantasy, the weekend away.

I wonder if they actually go away together, or if this is actually the reunion? Like Brendan goes there first, and Ste goes after, to find him? I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.

But then they meet on the bridge, and it turns into the Prague fantasy. Complete with Ste in a tassled hat.

:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hello, Sarah

You seem happy today ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Sarah! :D
    What I do find hilarious though, is people already making ship wars. Breoghan vs Stendan on tumblr :D I don't think they know that Eoghan is going back to Ireland today :D

Now this is actually ludicrous!

ETA: And thankgod he's leaving today, I've had enough. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh, they're NOT? Are they? That actually makes me chuckle. :D:D:D

Hey, at least with Bralker, there was an actual storyline. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello, Sarah

You seem happy today ;)
    Morning Sarah! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahhh im soo happy!! emmett is very busy today!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmett's Very Busy Today.

Brace Yourself, Kieron.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brunosgal wrote: »
    ahhh im soo happy!! emmett is very busy today!! :)

Oo. Well so he is. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'd forgotten about #SexistWednesday, but massive YAY for Emmett being very busy. :o :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morning btw! do anyone gets his tweets on their phone or thats just me? :P
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's going to murder us all :eek:

Evil smileys ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Morning, Sarah. ;)

Brace Yourself, Kieron.

BIB: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brace Yourself, Kieron.

:o:o:o
    Brunosgal wrote: »
    morning btw! do anyone gets his tweets on their phone or thats just me? :P

S'not just you. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww. It is! The Prague fantasy, the weekend away.

I wonder if they actually go away together, or if this is actually the reunion? Like Brendan goes there first, and Ste goes after, to find him? I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.

But then they meet on the bridge, and it turns into the Prague fantasy. Complete with Ste in a tassled hat.

:cry:

Ooh. Now, there's a thought.

I think either sound perfect. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, they're NOT? Are they? That actually makes me chuckle. :D:D:D

Hey, at least with Bralker, there was an actual storyline. :cool:

A bit yes, some people were like ugh I'm confused I don't know who to ship, inner turmoil!! ;) too each their own I guess. Though It would be quite sad if they got proper into it, started fic and all that jazz, then the next day Eggy ****s off to Ireland.

Now this is actually ludicrous!

ETA: And thankgod he's leaving today, I've had enough. :o

Someone said something along the lines of: If Stendan fans are so quick to jump off ship cause of one kiss with Eoghan, then there's no surprise why so many of them jumped when Stug happened :D and I laughed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o

S'not just you. ;)

ok thats good!! got a couple of HO people!

2nd nov spoilers are so sparse on DS and hollyoaks website :confused:
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Sarah's smiles are scaring me so much :cry:

C&S, your Prague coat idea is lovely. Ste wrapped inside it :o
This discussion has been closed.