Farewell good friend

dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
Forum Member
✭✭
For years I ignored you in favour of your illegitimate cousin the PS3, there you sat in my son’s bedroom gathering dust while he was more interested in lego and cars. You got the occasion grubby fingers laid on you by him when he did decide to play Looney Tunes.

But your moment came when my 2nd PS3 died and you were promoted to the gaming room and since then you have had pride and place there. We shared many a moment together, our first MOAB, Mass Effect 3, the wonders of Skyrim, pulling hair out moments of Black OP2 and most recently we thugged it together on GTA V.

Whenever I wanted a game you was there never once seeing ‘server down for maintenance’ as I saw way to many times on that cousin of yours. Having the highs and lows of watching our footy team together on Sky Go.

But you deserve much more than to be banished to one corner never to be played again. Come next Sunday you will have a new home, I will try to do my best that you will find a good home and anyone less than 100% feedback will not be allowed to go anywhere near you.

Goodbye old friend I will remember fondly of the time we spent together and you will never be forgotten.

Dazzy71

xx

Comments

• the_polar_bearthe_polar_bear Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you taken your medication today?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... but what if you want to play on any of those old games...?
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    ... but what if you want to play on any of those old games...?

Mrs Dazzy71 has a rule and its called one console house.

In theory it sounds good, going back to older games. But reality after a weekend on my X1 i don't think i would go back to it and it would truly just gather dust in a corner.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Mrs Dazzy71 has a rule and its called one console house.

Does she know you already broke that rule or was the 360 under a cover in your son's bedroom? :D
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Does she know you already broke that rule or was the 360 under a cover in your son's bedroom? :D

She was ok with 2 consoles until all the other potential gaming equipment appeared, ipad,mac and laptop etc.

I have tried the one pair of Ugg boots rule in to the house, but its not worked yet..
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, I've done the same. Reluctantly Got rid of my 360 this weekend on eBay, slowly selling off my games as well.
    They better hurry up and get the Xbox store stocked with older games soon, as the wife won't let me have two consoles on the go with a baby on the way.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeeEm wrote: »
    Ha ha, I've done the same. Reluctantly Got rid of my 360 this weekend on eBay, slowly selling off my games as well.
    They better hurry up and get the Xbox store stocked with older games soon, as the wife won't let me have two consoles on the go with a baby on the way.

You could've sold the wife and baby on ebay instead, and kept both consoles ;)

Seriously the lack of backward compatibility is the reason I will never touch either of these consoles, even if the price comes down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    You could've sold the wife and baby on ebay instead, and kept both consoles ;)

Seriously the lack of backward compatibility is the reason I will never touch either of these consoles, even if the price comes down.

Sometimes i wish Sony never offered backwards compatibility, people seem to think its the norm now, because a very small number of consoles have supported it

off the top of my head, PS2 (the earliest i can think off), PS3 (at launch), Wii, WiiU, 360 (not every game)

Did people say they ''i'm not getting a SNES because it doesn't play NES games'' did people not get a Megadrive because it didn't play master system games
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ The Megadrive had one of these which allow you to play Master System games.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wish Sony never offered backwards compatibility, people seem to think its the norm now, because a very small number of consoles have supported it

off the top of my head, PS2 (the earliest i can think off), PS3 (at launch), Wii, WiiU, 360 (not every game)

Plus the Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color. The PS vita. And (with accessory) the MegaDrive as described above. Hell if you want to go back far enough, the Spectrum 128k and Atari 7800 were backwards compatible!

So actually quite a lot of machines!:D

Given the amount of time the PS3 and XBox 360 have been out and the amount of money some people have spend on their games collection I would have liked to have seen gamers get together on social media and boycott both new consoles until a backwards compatible version was made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Backwards compatibility was never a big deal to me before. But I have got a lot of PS3 games and quite a few 360 games. Yeah it's easy to keep my PS3 and 360 and buy a next gen console. But it'd be nice if I could play my 360 games on an Xbox One.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Although packed up for now, my 360 won't be going anywhere unless backwards compatibility is somehow realized with the XB1.

Too many great games that I'll want to play again - CoD4, the Mass Effect series etc....