Options

Between - Netflix 2015

Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
Forum Member
✭✭✭
First episode has appeared today, I am just about to watch it.

It sounds like a cross "between under the dome" and "the 100", everyone over the age of 21 starts to die off, leaving the younger ones to take over and fend for themselves.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4132692/

Let's hope its not formulaic, with characters cloned from all the other stranded, lost, trapped people type shows.

Netflix is adding a new show weekly.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched first episode.

I am not overly impressed by it, it is very like "under the dome". The town has been quickly sealed off and the scene set for to the infighting between some townsfolk, and also like UTD, there is a mysrterious bad lad with guns up to something..

Watch out for the girl who played loud mouth Sam in icarly, she has a big part in this.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the first maybe 10 mins and got bored.....(but I was thinking about daredevil as I'd just watched 4 episodes in a row lol) .

Should I keep going with this show?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's anything like those shows you listed, I will give it a miss
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah heavy UTD influence, with a touch of the Tribe thrown in. I won't be back for the second episode
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful.

I cant believe we're losing the amazing & underrated Hemlock Grove for this twaddle...

I'm not even impressed by Daredevil. It's ok, but it doesn't justify the hype.

Hemlock Grove may have been slow paced & parts a 'hot mess' but it had ideas & great characters.

Sorry wrong thread, needed 'to vent'...>:(
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how Inbetween has anything to do with Hemlock Grove ending

Also, Hemlock grove was always intended to be a trilogy. It was originally meant to be a trilogy of books, but the writer stopped after one and instead uses his plans for the second and third book into a television series.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The acting is a bit dodgy. I managed the first episode.. But don't think this quite hook me in. It's a good idea for a show though.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks too dark and dreary for my liking. Wanted to watch it for 'Sam' from Sam and Cat but her character in this isn't very likable.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how Inbetween has anything to do with Hemlock Grove ending

Also, Hemlock grove was always intended to be a trilogy. It was originally meant to be a trilogy of books, but the writer stopped after one and instead uses his plans for the second and third book into a television series.

It doesn't. I just went on a random vent because this shows crap/ Daredevil is so-so and I need my fix of Hemlock before I lose it to possibly more inferior shows.
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, this was utterly dreadful. Struggled to make it through the episode, it felt a LOT longer than its 43 minutes and the acting was woeful. The guy signing up for the army made me lol as he looked about 50 and not a teenager.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this this afternoon and was gripped so I will stick and see how it goes from here
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this just and thought it was ok the second episode is better than the first imo.
    People should really give shows a chance before dropping it it's much better than that crap under the dome which has worse acting in it, i do laugh at people only giving a show 10 minutes seriously? give a show a chance to get going.
    I shall stick with it, it isn't brilliant but isn't dreadful either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well so far we have every cliche in the book.

Psycho on the loose, check x 2.

Red Necks vs Posh boys, check.

Annoying children and teens check x 1000.

Mystery that is all but ignored most of the time so we can concentrate on pathetic melodrama. check.

Army not caring about people and politicians lying. Check

List of cliches with checks, check.

Slow pace that is slower than a snail. Check.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second episode was a disaster, so bad it was funny in places.

The down syndrome girl is a very bad actress, and should not be in it.

There was a random scene where a 8 year old boy was killed by another 8 year old boy driving a car, and not a thing was said or done about it, it happened because the driver said the brake made the car go faster! Then again he is just 8 years old.

The black ex army guy looks about 35, but he must be under 22 or he would be dead.

They found a suicide body in the woods and got a geeky computer nerd out to do a bit of CSI on the crime scene, that was funny.

Like the guy above said, it has all the cliches in the book as well.
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    Not under the dome but behind the fence -
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG can this show get any worse?

Trying to scare a Tiger off by throwing straw at it?
    That fact there is a TIger at all when we should really be getting the story of the plague.

Wots her name is more worried about losing her money than the fact she almost walked into a minefield. rolleyes,
    Plus she almost walked into a minefield in the first place.

Still more Red Necks Vs Posh Boys stuff. rolleyes

Oh and the Government didn't release everyone after the burning all the bodies.
    Who have guessed? rolleyes.

Is it so bad it's good territory? Hmmm
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    I am not overly impressed by it
    got bored
    platelet wrote: »
    I won't be back for the second episode
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Dreadful.
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    The acting is a bit dodgy.
    Second episode was a disaster
    OMG can this show get any worse?

Was going to give this show a chance but don't think i'll bother now.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I regret defending this show now ep3 was a complete mess, will stick with it though to see where it goes.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I regret defending this show now ep3 was a complete mess, will stick with it though to see where it goes.

A real trooper, good luck. :D I gave up after 2 eps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only reason I'm sticking with this is I find it quite funny.

The acting is terrible and the plot is horrendous. But the execution is hilarious :o I have to say what on earth was the point in that Tiger?

It's not quite up there with the Under The Dome hilarity. But it's filling a void for me at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ↗↗ Did you see the girl they threw on the body pile and tried to burn? She only collapsed from dehydration and they carried her out and threw her on the pile, that was funny?

And the random child getting ram raided with the car by the other child?, classic.

The tiger was just so badly done and pointless, I think we are meant to believe the 10 year old black girl blew it apart with a shotgun, HAAAA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ↗↗ Did you see the girl they threw on the body pile and tried to burn? She only collapsed from dehydration and they carried her out and threw her on the pile, that was funny?

And the random child getting ram raided with the car by the other child?, classic.

The tiger was just so badly done and pointless, I think we are meant to believe the 10 year old black girl blew it apart with a shotgun, HAAAA

If those things were handled in a realistic way they would not have been funny.

There's no way anybody in the real world would have mistook her for being dead. It's just so over the top and silly. I find the fact it's so unrealistic and stupid funny.

And that random scene with the kid running over the other kid was just contrived. They seem to just want to shock but go nowhere with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show gets worse are we really supposed to believe a 10 year old kid could handle a high performance car at speed?
    I'm just watching it now for comic relief.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Only reason I'm sticking with this is I find it quite funny.

The acting is terrible and the plot is horrendous. But the execution is hilarious :o I have to say what on earth was the point in that Tiger?

It's not quite up there with the Under The Dome hilarity. But it's filling a void for me at the moment.

Under The Dome is awesome and I love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this week we've had children that know how to drive. I was thinking they've only been in there 19 days, I'm sure they wouldn't have learnt to drive that way.

Then they had that woman open up the bar.. In a town where everyone over the age of 22 is dead. Who is then shocked that children are who come in.

I guess I should really just be taking it with a pinch of salt.

The rape scene was horrid though. I thought Ronnie was turning out okay. His bad boy ways weren't so bad. But then they did a complete turn. Which is strange. I don't see how they can salvage his character now.