Forever (UK pace)

Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'New fantasy drama starring Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic Four) as Dr Henry Morgan, a star New York City medical examiner… who happens to be immortal'.

Starts Sky 1 2/10/14.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/forever/

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    I have to say... so what? Doesn't look anything more than another procedural to me. Neither that page nor the clip tells me why I should watch the show.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether it's worth watching. It might be for some people but not for others of course. The trailer's here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a591964/ioan-gruffudd-us-series-forever-to-air-on-sky1-in-the-uk.html#~oPGZQvlaA5GTE3
  • LMLM Posts: 63,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say... so what? Doesn't look anything more than another procedural to me. Neither that page nor the clip tells me why I should watch the show.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I will give it a go though. It does suggest to me this may be a show that is good for about 5 episodes and become the same repeititve thing after a while.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched the first episode it's basically Rizzoli & Highlander.

Lightweight, entertaining enough, but I'm not sure it will really stand out from the crowd
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Watched this last night ( via U.S pace ). mI thought it was good, reminded me of a show a few years ago called New Amsterdam but throw in a type of Sherlock Holmes main character.

Yes the show was entertaining, not to heavy, acting was ok and just enough suspense to keep you watching.
    Forum Member
    Saw an actual trailer on TV earlier. Still not that impressed, tbh.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first episode, and actually enjoyed it.

Sadly, that is the kiss of death for any show, as last season I loved Believe and Almost Human, and both were one and done.....
    Forum Member
    ^ We'll know who to blame then ;)

They're actually advertising this one quite early. Don't know if that's a good sign or not :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Having watched the first episode it's basically Rizzoli & Highlander.

Or even Quincy the Highlander
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't come across as a big no-no so will be watching more. Need a few more eps before it goes on the watch list permanently.
  • tellymantellyman Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many years ago, back in the sixties, I watched a series called "Adam Adament lives". This new program sounds very similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tellyman wrote: »
    Many years ago, back in the sixties, I watched a series called "Adam Adament lives". This new program sounds very similar.

Surely Adam Adamant wasn't immortal but merely placed in a form of suspended animation by his archenemy The Face??
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    My first thought when I saw the trailer was "Quantum Leap"...
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Surely Adam Adamant wasn't immortal but merely placed in a form of suspended animation by his archenemy The Face??

That's how I remember Adam Adamant too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    That's how I remember Adam Adamant too.

The pilot episode was shown on BBC2 a few years back on of their nostalgia nights
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this?
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this?

I've already watched the first episode on demand but I will definitely be tuning in for the next episode as I really enjoyed it :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was hoping to watch it later on but On Demand has been having problems so it's anyone's guess whether it will be available.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was hoping to watch it later on but On Demand has been having problems so it's anyone's guess whether it will be available.

It's being repeated numerous times throughout the next week so maybe you can catch it then?
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its like a version of ncis/criminal minds where if you're an agent and you're killed you come back,pretty awesome tbh
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Well i'll have to if it doesn't become available On Demand.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed a real cut and shunt of a show.

His deductive reasoning was taken from Sherlock/Elementary.

His immortality and having an antique shop run by someone he rescued as a child during the war was a direct lift from Highlander.

And someone keeping track of disasters to find someone who wasn't hurt is from Unbreakable.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first episode of Forever. Quite a lot going on and a charismatic central performance from Ioan Gruffudd. We'll see if they can keep it interesting.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first episode of Forever. Quite a lot going on and a charismatic central performance from Ioan Gruffudd. We'll see if they can keep it interesting.

I liked it too.

It would be nice to find a series I like. I can't get into 'The Leftovers' or 'Legends'.

I quite like the characters in this so hopefully this will be the one.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    A sort of immortal Sherlock - with a Job.:cool:

As opening episodes go, this was very good last night.
    Great chemistry between Ioan and the Cop, plus his sidekick Judd Hirsch {Abe}...train crash, stunning and the fall also on to the Car - but how many times can he walk out of the Hudson River naked and they police just let him go after a couple of hours.

Liked the flashbacks too.

And the Russian....;-)