UKIP reject Farages resignation

Comments

• MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Its going to cause a heck of a row in UKIP now. Carswell was banging on about them not being a 1 man party, its seems his UKIP masters disagree.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well his honest tag so beloved by his supporters has gone! Honestly who the hell thought he wouldn't come back? The only surprise is the speed of it. I thought he would have had a holiday first.
  • Boo Radley75Boo Radley75 Posts: 13,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see it will damage UKIP in any way. I've found UKIP to be more of a cult than a political party and their followers blindly buy and repeat anything Nigel says, even if it's proven to be wrong (the handpicked by the BBC audience for example) UKIP supporters will not accept that he lied, I'm willing to bet or if they do, will see nothing wrong with that.
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    The only surprise is the speed of it. I thought he would have had a holiday first.

I bet Mrs F is over the moon.
  • NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    ianx wrote: »
    “It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat."
    -- Nigel Farage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11471448/Nigel-Farage-I-will-quit-as-Ukip-leader-if-I-am-not-MP-in-two-months-time.html

....... but it is credible for Sturgeon? Ultimately, what's the difference?

Personally I think it's a bit of a silly situation all round, doesn't look great, but it only matters what the kippers think and they want him. To be honest, politics is more interesting for him being around and 'telling it like it is' even if it does rub some up the wrong way. Not a bad thing.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breaking News: Nigel Farage becomes first politician to spin the truth - ever.

But unlike them, he hasn't let anyone down.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at them. Nigel utters a few words and the opposition on here is in total disarray.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Obviously the party think he is still credible and is asking/ telling him to stay.

I can understand his party wanting him back as without him they will just sink again... however I don't think people should try to put lipstick on this particular pig.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see it will damage UKIP in any way. I've found UKIP to be more of a cult than a political party and their followers blindly buy and repeat anything Nigel says, even if it's proven to be wrong (the handpicked by the BBC audience for example) UKIP supporters will not accept that he lied, I'm willing to bet or if they do, will see nothing wrong with that.

Sounds suspiciously like Labour to me.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    My, one man says he's returning and the left wing go into disarray and panic.

This should actually make all of you reflect and think 'Why are we so worried'?
  • NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    allaorta wrote: »
    Look at them. Nigel utters a few words and the opposition on here is in total disarray.

Funny really isn't it? :D:D:D

Oh, I hope Dave Miliband is brought in for the reds now. :D
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    I can understand his party wanting him back as without him they will just sink again... however I don't think people should try to put lipstick on this particular pig.

Nigel is a leader of a cult not political party.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Sounds suspiciously like Labour to me.

Yes old labour. The ones that have just gone.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »

Disarray? All I can see is a few seemingly pro-Farage posters getting upset at anyone daring to criticise his hypocrisy.

It's a discussion forum, not the Palace of Westminster.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he now pushes the PR issue.

It's good to have such a noisy lot in favour of it.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Nigel is a leader of a cult not political party.

So Nicola is a quarter of a cult then?
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'We left your bedroom all as it was Nigel give us a hug then' lol
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nodger wrote: »
    ....... but it is credible for Sturgeon? Ultimately, what's the difference?

They were Farage's own words, so you'd have to ask him that.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    My, one man says he's returning and the left wing go into disarray and panic.

This should actually make all of you reflect and think 'Why are we so worried'?

Not that I am left wing, but I think people are more amused than anything... all the 'he is different' from his fanclub and yet off he goes, behaving like every other politician. Mind you I thought he lost any credibility over the MEP expenses thing, but this is just another eyebrow-raised, quelle-surprise moment.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,564
    Forum Member
    All about Farage as usual. As long as he is leader they will be perceived as a one man band and face facts, the guy is a LOSER. He could not win a seat that was hand picked for him despite extensive campaigning and meeting the locals. UKIP has the perfect opportunity to begin life post Farage and become a credible party but as long as this egotistical fraud is top man then UKIP will continue to suffer in his shadow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should I take some credit for Nigel's decision. Could it be that he's now read through a swathe of emails sent to him just before the election and read soooo many like mine; here;s an extract:

Whatever happens, don't even think of retiring.

Good Luck to you and to UKIP, today.
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean there is still hope for Clegg and Miliband?
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Farage is the Spud of politics...

https://youtu.be/vPKhhne8mCs

Does enough to make the right noises but also enough to not actually have to do the job for real. He was bloody delighted not to have been elected last week. Now the cycle starts again.

On a separate note, anyone catch Al Murray VS Farage on Dave over the weekend? As the result announcement was about to be made Farage said to Al, under his breath (but caught on Al's mic), "I bet I've been to more pubs than you." Whatever he actually meant by it it had a weird effect of sounding strangely sinister.

Or is that his secret off camera tone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Disarray? All I can see is a few seemingly pro-Farage posters getting upset at anyone daring to criticise his hypocrisy.

Roy Orbison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »

Well he obviously riles you and your fellow UKIP obsessionists, so I hope he stays on as UKIP leader for at least another 20 years.

BTW how's the Labour Party beauty contest going?