Options

Elementary - UK Pace - No Spoilers Please

Comments

• Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    swishbaby wrote: »
    Thoroughly lacklustre 2nd half of the season topped of by a piss poor finale
    A very poor finale - but I have to say, second half to the season was a lot better than the first.

And why not more scenes, on the roof....I like that roof.
  • Options
    swishbabyswishbaby Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    A very poor finale - but I have to say, second half to the season was a lot better than the first.

And why not more scenes, on the roof....I like that roof.

I disagree, the 'Kitty' mid season arc was far the most interesting thing to happen this season.
  • Options
    marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,681
    Forum Member
    I disagree, the 'Kitty' mid season arc was far the most interesting thing to happen this season.

I liked Kitty a lot. I wasn't sure at first how it would affect the dynamic but by the time Kitty left I felt she'd become an integral part of the show and missed her presence.

Like you I felt the second half of the series was lacklustre once Kitty had gone. It felt like we were back in series one, not the end of the third series. Kitty was all but forgotten, Watson was back in the Brownstone and we were simply watching a police procedural week after week. And the finale was truly pathetic.

I guess Holmes ending up back on drugs was a predictable storyline but I'm still disappointed they went down that route. It's going to make season four difficult viewing whether he continues on taking the drugs or goes back into rehab. I'm not sure I'll be tuning in avidly.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    I liked Kitty a lot. I wasn't sure at first how it would affect the dynamic but by the time Kitty left I felt she'd become an integral part of the show and missed her presence.

Like you I felt the second half of the series was lacklustre once Kitty had gone. It felt like we were back in series one, not the end of the third series. Kitty was all but forgotten, Watson was back in the Brownstone and we were simply watching a police procedural week after week. And the finale was truly pathetic.

I guess Holmes ending up back on drugs was a predictable storyline but I'm still disappointed they went down that route. It's going to make season four difficult viewing whether he continues on taking the drugs or goes back into rehab. I'm not sure I'll be tuning in avidly.

Yes, he got pushed over the edge rather randomly. And disgarding Kitty was disappointing.

Something I noticed; during the second half of the season, the "reveals" felt very bizarre. Y'know, like when Poirot reveals to everyone he reasons/guilty party etc. Except on this show the reveal is split up between four characters...each with their own following sentence fragments. Some seem very odd, almost like the characters would have to have been rehearsing it beforehand in-universe. I get WHY they set it up like this (to give the actual coppers actual lines), it just seemed poor and well...bizarre. Surely someone else noticed this?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly lacklustre 2nd half of the season topped of by a piss poor finale

I've only watched episode 1 of this season and i've been back and forth for weeks now about whether or not I want to drop the show all together as I really can't find any major compulsion to get in to it. Reading your comment doesn't help :D

(Or does, whichever way you want to look at it !)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Had forgotten Kitty's arc.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Thanks for that. Hope the show can hit top form.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    just caught up on first episode of the new series

interested to see how john noble is as sherlock's father , he came across a bit "walternate" in the brief appearance he had at the end of the episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 5 starts on December 13th and there's no mid-season break

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2016/10/24/sky-living-set-december-premiere-date-elementary-season-5/
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 5 starts on December 13th and there's no mid-season break

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2016/10/24/sky-living-set-december-premiere-date-elementary-season-5/
    Presumeably that is why it is starting so late, to allow for a mid season break on CBS.
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased it's coming back. It's always been more police procedural but I like the brownstone! Like JLM and Lucy Lui too of course!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this show too and I'm happy that's its back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27/02/17 - 18:50 #291
    In April in the UK. Holmes former helper Kitty Winter returns in a two-parter!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/22/elementary-kitty-winter-return/
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show remains fun to watch...
    has a little bit of the "blacklist" in it thanks to the series based around his dad's operations... but not silly stories...
    the current series has a few "oh that's silly" story moments to make the mentor story arc work... but it isnt too daft to be annoying.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epsom wrote: »
    In April in the UK. Holmes former helper Kitty Winter returns in a two-parter!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/22/elementary-kitty-winter-return/
    Actually the first part of the return of Kitty Winter 2 parter will be on Sky Living this coming Tuesday at 9pm.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they'll mention Shinwell now sadly the actor is dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 13/05/18 - 11:20 #297
    & there will be a series after the one about to start... :)
    (which is in part a spoiler to the cliff hanger of sorts... except as it is coming back for a series we already knew it was continuing for more than one episode... and we don't know if the cliff hanger actually means the show becomes sherlock flips cars after doing them up in a gas monkey style reboot as he can't be a detective anymore for 2 more series so not really a spoiler after all)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new season across series story arcs are weird...
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the ending for the Season 6. Would of made for a great end of series episode. Hope season 7 doesn't mess that up and its one season too many.

Looked like the London part was filmed in Bloomsbury Square.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved them being in London! great ending. I guessed as soon as he was talking about noisy neighbours it would be Joan!