Options

Microsoft overhaul Hotmail to Outlook.com - Launched Today

2»

Comments

• Options
    scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my companies name and one of its project as outlook email addresses (.com)
    as mail.com is just playing up something terrible ..
  • Options
    sealionsealion Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just upgraded from Hotmail to Outlook.com and I must say it is more fresh and simple, its cleaner and even faster, It has all the functions of Hotmail with even more new features added ontop,
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will get rid of my account if I am forced to change to hotmail. I had a look and it looks horrid, reminds me too much of Metro.

i don't really use hotmail anyway, so I will not miss it. Got a good amount of storage space on it cloud wise, but i don't use that either.
  • Options
    John_ElwayJohn_Elway Posts: 5,121
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    i will get rid of my account if I am forced to change to hotmail. I had a look and it looks horrid, reminds me too much of Metro.

i don't really use hotmail anyway, so I will not miss it. Got a good amount of storage space on it cloud wise, but i don't use that either.

ok thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John_Elway wrote: »
    ok thanks

I got a email asking me to update to outlook and if I don't i will eventually be updated. so why not just update me now?

I had a quick look at this new Outlook thing last year and it looks like windows 8, i can understand Ms wanting to make everything look the same, but the windows 8 look is so plain.

As I said, I don't really use the so called Microsoft account, the only reason I kept it is because of messenger, but since MS is trying to get people to use the bloated skype, I don't need my hotmail address for that.

The same with Yahoo, so far i have been able to keep the classic look, twice they have updated and twice they have allowed people to stay with the classic look, so why can't MS? again i don't really use Yahoo that much either, it is just used for junk and as a address for Facebook, so if forced to upgrade I will drop that as well.

i use windows 8, but no need for a MS account for that.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks OK, I use gmail myself but the new Windows mail looks OK too. Skype can be very handy, used it a lot myself before I got inclusive international calls with Talk Talk but still use Skype for some video calls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my own domain and pay a minimal amount for a email service, so I don't really need the free ones anyway.
    I have had Hotmail for years now before I had the domain, the same with Yahoo. so not a problem if i let them both go.

I also got a GMX account which I could use for junk stuff.

Ok i have got a Gmail account, but never use it for emails, don't like the idea of them scanning my email so they can chuck adverts at me, that is why Yahoo wants people to change to their other email service. I expect that is why MS wants people to change to outlook.

I find Skype hit and miss and yes I used to use it, but now i got sipgate and the main person I talk to in the US also got sipgate, my calls are now free to them. i may now take skype off my computer.